The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGICSEEN - Britain's brightest independent magic magazine :: Magicseen Magazine - Now available as a PDF download (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Just got this e-mail:

For the first time ever, you can download
"Europe's No. 1 Magic Magazine" in PDF format...

We invite you to take a trip "across the pond." No passport or airline tickets required! Just download the current issue of "magicseen" magazine in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and discover why so many of its readers consider it to be "one of the best 'reads' in magic!" This is the first time ever, a major, full color magic magazine is being made available to readers as a PDF download. We are honored to have been chosen as the exclusive online distributor of magicseen in PDF format. Special thanks to Mark Leveridge, Graham Hey, Phil Shaw, Peter Salter and the entire magicseen team.

Issue 10 - September 2006
In the current issue, the cover story introduces you to Paul Kieve. In addition to being Harry Potter's personal tutor, he is also responsible for all of the special effects in the upcoming West End stage production of "Lord of the Rings." There are also interviews with Sean Carpenter, stage hypnosis "bad boy" Jonathan Royle, and with up and coming young magician, Matt Edwards, in a new occasional series called "Ones To Watch." Want more? This issue of magicseen also brings you an update on Paul Zenon's latest performances at home in the UK and around the globe, an interview with Paul Squires about his new magic documentary, "Ever So Sleightly," and details on Pete Firman's new book. There's also an article by Martin Haderer on the "Magic of Austria," along with an "Austrian Masterclass" featuring new effects you can learn by Wolfgang Moser, Harry Lucas and Romi (Roman Feli).

But wait, we're not finished yet! There's still more...like new trick reviews, letters to the editor (Letterbox), lots of dealer ads (be the first to see the latest releases from the top dealers in the UK and Europe), an article by Brian Caswell on the creative side of magical innovation, a start-up guide to working with "cards," and in the "Dealer's Booth," Jim Sisti, Richard Osterland and L&L owner Louis Falanga on the success of his magic DVD empire.

Color, 68 pages, approx. 15 MB (DSL, cable modem or
other high speed connection recommended)

Download price: $5.95

Complete details and order info online at:

http://www.trickshop.com/magicseen10.html

Best regards,

Patrick
Trickshop.com

PS Back issues will soon be available as well!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Very good. I can recommend this PDF magazine. A classy mag with lot of photos and interesting articles.
BenM
View Profile
New user
UK
53 Posts

Profile of BenM
Great magazine. I'm not sure what I'd rather have...yes with the Download you have instant reading ability and all of that, but there's something about getting a magic magazine and just having a flick through. But hey ho, these are the times we live in and I am glad of that!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I like this format just fine...I just print it out at work and have something new to read!!!!lol
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-09-13 15:58, Judah Vee wrote:
I like this format just fine...I just print it out at work and have something new to read!!!!lol

Judah,

I'll bet it makes for equally interesting reading while standing in the umemployment line. (grin) LOL

Best regards,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
This is a great idea...And a good Magazine.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Turk......lol..very true...BUt I look at 6 computers all day so my company affords me a little leeway...lol!!
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-09-14 00:11, Judah Vee wrote:
Turk......lol..very true...BUt I look at 6 computers all day so my company affords me a little leeway...lol!!

Good for you, Judah. Anyone who can stare at 6 computers all day long needs to take loooong "mental health" breaks just to keep from cracking up entirely. My hat's certainly off to you. Whew! What a job.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Great news:

Issue No. 11 of magicseen available
for download at Trickshop.com!

Be among the first to download the newest issue of magicseen magazine in PDF format. The cover story features Britain's best known magician, Paul Daniels. Mr Daniels pulls no punches and truly tells it like he sees it. There's also a thought-provoking article by James L. Clarke on an organization called, Magicians Without Borders. There's a special Masterclass segment with three effects from French magician David Stone; who as you may know took 3rd place in Close-up Magic at FISM in Stockholm this year. You'll also learn more about Spain's Antonio Romero and American magician, Tony Chapek, winner of the prestigious "IBM Award for Originality. And as if that's not enough, there's also a major piece on the ever popular Book Test, including a short history of the subject by none other than Max Maven!

Plus, there's new trick reviews, letters to the editor (Letterbox), loads of dealer ads (be the first to see the latest releases from the top dealers in the UK and Europe), and more. And as with all Trickshop.com downloads, you'll enjoy instant access to your download immediately following payment.

http://www.trickshop.com/magicseen11.html
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
I am being a subsciber to the magazine and am now being annoyed that anyone can be buying it on the internet before I get my subscription in the post.

As a subscriber I should be treated more special.

My friend who is a subscriber in the UK also is agreeing with me.

These are greedy magic people. Wanting every penny that can be got. And ignoring the long term customers.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yes, but Juan, you get a hard copy which some consider to be a superior format. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I agree with Cameron on this one Juan. You get a hard copy which is much better than reading it on a computer screen.

I appreciate that it's available as a download. When I looked into subscribing, the shipping costs were almost as much as the magazine. They said they were working on distribution to the USA and this might be what they came up with.

The magazine itself is fantastic. The several issues I have seen were wonderful with lots of good magic and information inside. Now I'll have to look into the download thing. Ahhh...the magical mystery tour continues!

Mark.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
What a great idea. For me, the postage is very high if I would order the magazin via hardcopy. Now I can order it only, print it out, and read it. Nice.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Nr 12 is ready for download:

http://www.trickshop.com/magicseen12.html
CALENIG
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of CALENIG
This is great news.
grahamh
View Profile
New user
England
1 Post

Profile of grahamh
Hi guys, I am the deputy editor and joint-owner of magicseen magazine. I have read your comments - and thank you for those. We genuinely listen to our readers and have thought long and hard about the download thing! We realised that postage was extortionate - far too high for people to subscribe in the US, Australia, South America etc - it ws costing more in postage than the magazine itself. so we thought we'd go all futuristic and do the download. Many people like this option, plus it saves them money - and obviously it makes more profit for us as we don't have to print it. Downloads have not lessened our print-run, they have just increased our sales, which keep us happy as we don't make massive profits at all. It also keeps the advertisers happy, cos they get unterest from readers who previously were not reading the magazine.
The main concern for us was the reaction of download buyers recieving it before the hard-copy issue was available. We have taken note of some comments - which were fair, and we have delayed the pdf version so that everyone gets it at about the same time.
I have been in publishing for quite a few years - and my own view is that nothing can compare to having the actual issue in your hand. You can take it anywhere at any time - and flick back and fowards at will! To me there will never be anything better than the real thing!
Anyway, at least you know that we do moniter the chatrooms and that your thoughts do make a difference, so keep posting them - bad or good, we consider all the points our readers raise.
I think I've said enough now - so thank you to those who made very nice comments about magicseen, they really are very much appreciated. Best wishes for 2007
Graham
Penbrock
View Profile
New user
Alaska
5 Posts

Profile of Penbrock
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 11:14, juan king wrote:
I am being a subsciber to the magazine and am now being annoyed that anyone can be buying it on the internet before I get my subscription in the post.

As a subscriber I should be treated more special.

My friend who is a subscriber in the UK also is agreeing with me.

These are greedy magic people. Wanting every penny that can be got. And ignoring the long term customers.

It would be nice deal if they gave every subscriber free access to ALSO download the PDF copy.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford