The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: DVD/Video tape scene :: Doc Eason's Rocky Mountain Magic DVD :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Doc Eason's Rocky Mountain Magic DVD
-------------oOo------------

Disc Description: From 1977 to 2004, Doc Eason was the featured performer at the legendary Tower Comedy/Magic Bar in Snowmass Village, CO.

This remarkable DVD, filmed in 1990, perfectly captures a typical performance during Doc's incredible 27 year run.

You'll see how he uses a powerful mix of interactive humor, amazing sleight of hand, and subtle psychology to bring together a spirited crowd and provide a dazzling example of magic bar at its best.

As an added bonus, a "Doctor's Commentary" section offers amusing and informative back stories plus personal insights into the action. Not a "how to" video, there is still much to learn and enjoy about the real magic being created. Plus, enjoy an interactive slide show of photographs depicting years of laughter and magic at the Tower.

So, grab your favorite beverage, settle back in your easy chair and enjoy an unforgettable evening at the World Famous Tower Magic Bar.

The Tower is closed forever but you can re-live those glory days with this DVD. And you can still see Doc Eason at your next event.

Running Time Approximately 2hr 9min

---------------------------------------

Like many of you, I was first introduced to the amazing talents of bar magician Doc Eason when I watched the now classic video tape ROCKY MOUNTAIN MAGIC shortly after its original release back in 1990.
What I saw was some of the best entertainment I had witnessed in a very long time. Oh sure, the tape contained some very strong magic effects, but the good doctor's main goal was to entertain, and entertain he did! There were no explanations to the tricks I saw because the tape was not produced for magicians. Indeed, the video was designed as a momento for the tourist to take home after their visit to the Tower. The tape's popularity with magicians was purely coincidental, but not a surprise considering the wealth of great information the video contained.

Over the years the video became kind of a cult classic in magicdom, and every magician I know has either watched the tape or at the very least heard about it - and that alone speaks volumes as to the value the tape really has for anyone interested in performing in the real world and in particular - behind the bar.

One afternoon I was talking with Doc Eason regarding his DVD "...after all these years..." (which Doc was preparing to release to the magical community) and I mentioned to him that he should seriously consider digging the old ROCKY MOUNTAIN MAGIC masters up and transferring all the footage to the DVD format. Why? Because I felt (and still do) that a great many folks would be grateful to have the opportunity of purchasing this old favorite on DVD. Plus, Doc would have the option of adding any bonus items, which was not possible on the VHS version. Well, that was over a year ago and apparently other people advised Doc to do the same...and he has!

I received a copy of the disc in the mail and wasted no time sitting down to take a look as it were. I'll tell you right now I was not disappointed. While the video quality is not perfect, keep in mind the format that was used during the original taping. Actually, considering the original was shot using VHS camera's and the age of the master, I'm surprised that the quality looks as good as it does - meaning better than I expected.

Doc also took the time to add a commentary, which is one more reason to own this disc. So, you can play the disc with or without the commentary and I thought that was a nice touch. Eason's words of wisdom during the commentary are certainly heartfelt and reveal a lot about the man himself, one only needs to listen closely. The good doctor takes us on a journey back in time and you really get a sense of being behind the scenes - what a treat. Smile

In addition there is a nice slideshow which takes you down memory lane. Many photograph's of the Doc with star studded faces you will certainly recognize right away. A very nice touch I might add. Smile

The sound quality is acceptable and the picture quality is probably as good as you're going to get. In addition, the menu is straight forward and a breeze to use as well.
That pretty much sums it up. If you own the original video, do yourself a big favor and pick up the DVD, you'll be glad you did. Never saw the tape? Then this is a good time to grab it - and on DVD! Highly recommended. Smile

---------------------------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is $25.00 (DVD)

Available from your favorite dealer or you may purchase directly from Doc Eason.

Doc Eason's Rocky Mountain Magic
P.O. Box 50
Basalt, Colorado.

PHONE: 1-800-594-7771 (orders only)
QUESTIONS/CHAT?: 1-970-927-3197

You may email Doc at:
doc@doceason.com

Or visit his website by
Clicking here!

Dealers - contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.
11500 Gold Dredge Way
Rancho Cordova, Ca. 95742
Toll Free Order Line: 1-800-853-7403
Or visit Murphy's website:

Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks