The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception :: Antinomy Rocks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Hello all:

I took that plunge and bought a subscription and all the back issues. I have to tell anyone who has not seen this publication: It rocks! Just great material explained well and laid out wonderfully with photo's, etc. Mostly this is not beginner material, but the quality is superb. For those of you who know me as a dealer...I'm not selling Antinomy and have no relationship with the publisher other than he has my money and I have his magazine! Highly recommended. Best,
Brad Burt
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I absolutely, positively agree with you, Brad. Every issue is more like a book than a magazine (and the production standards are much higher than some of the books I've seen and purchased). Every single piece of magic between the covers of any single issue is worth the price of the entire subscription. Top it off with regular contributions from Jamy Swiss and Jon Racherbaumer and you realize that you have invested in something worth many times its cover price. Kudos (again) to Gene Taylor! Keep 'em coming.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
As a subscriber since the very first issue, I only have to agree with the two gentlemen above.
This is the best quality magazine on the magic market today.
Every new issue is a joy to recive and read.
Exellent written.
Splendid illustrated with crisp clear photographs.
The CD you recive with the last number of the year, crammed with extra goodies.
And now you even get nice surpises, like the Ooops Deck! in the last issue.
My cup runneth over.

Keep on going with the great work Gene *applauds*

Peo

Antinomy Rocks Indeed!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
It's always nice to stumble across these kinds of positive comments. Thanks much! Since this is the coin forum, let me mention that Issue 6 has coin routines from David Neighbors and Justin Miller. It should be out in just a few weeks.

Thanks,

Gene
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Does anyone know if Everett Chapman is a member here??????
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I miss the old days where you could subscribe to a magic publication for a year and pay less then $40.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Eric,

Yeah that coin routine was sweet wasn't it? I've been hearing about Everett through the underground for some time now. He had a few effects published in a Linking RIng parade years ago. Other than that I don't know of any other published material he has put out.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I miss the old days where you could thoroughly enjoy and contribute to a positive thread in a forum without being sucker-punched by a negative post.
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Price is a legitimate concern for people. I like to think that, for those who have seen it, people realize ANTINOMY is not the kind of publication that could be offered at a $40 per year rate.

As for Everett, I don't think he hangs out online much if at all.

Gene
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Quote:
On 2006-05-05 09:35, antinomy wrote:
I like to think that, for those who have seen it, people realize ANTINOMY is not the kind of publication that could be offered at a $40 per year rate.

I've seen it and I can barely believe it can be offered at $72 per year. Incredible production + great content = bargain.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
This is the BEST magazinr out there.
HANDSDOWN!
Justin Miller
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Yes its expensive and yes its good. Here is the deal I have made with myself regarding the cost vs value: I'm a new subscriber. If by the end of a year if I'm regularly doing two or three things from the magazine, I'll renew my subscription.
Dean Dill
View Profile
1947 - 2015
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
This is the best Quarterly ever produced. I recommend it without reservation. Plus Gene is the nicest man you would ever meet.
Dean
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I agree with all of the positive comments here. The magazine is a work of art - the writing is top-notch and very original and inventive, and it also feels so good to hold in your hands. It's definitely one for the coffee table.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.