The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: High Caliber Holster (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Sorry my message above reads like complete gibberish.

I am wondering if an owner can tell me if the four inch pocket is deep enough to carry a deck of cards? Would a deck of cards be so tall it impairs the coin pockets? (if you have a coin pocket on the same side as your four inch pocket)

Thanks,
Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I picked up a HCH second hand, but never used.

In a nutshell, this thing is the last word in walk around prop management.
I've read lots here and elsewhere on various organizers, CD holders, and more. I'm sure they are fine, but until you've actually worn an HCH, and taken the time to put your show into the various compartments, and then walked around using it.......you just can't know how good this is.

The quality is on par with the finest purses and wallets, like ORIGINAL Jerry O'Connell products. And the leather itself is heavy and of the finest quality,

I've got it loaded with Porpers Poker Chip Surprise, Porper She Fly chips, packet tricks and 3CM in a Jerry O'Connell wallet, SFS Bronze shells for Three Shell Game, Max Mavens "Viva Las Vegas", Sol Stones Radical Dice Routine, two decks of cards, color changing knives, fast and loose chain, and a bag of peas.

Throw this on and I'm good for way over an hour without going near my prop case.
(I eventually have to hit the prop case for card effects needing a full deck stack). I also carry three individual original Jerry O'Connell card cases on the back of my belt (I had to have them modified with the installation of a belt loop), under my jacket, which I switch into the two HCH pockets as needed.........and I put the "dead" decks into the card cases the new deck came out of.

After looking, buying, and trying various "on the body" prop management systems over many years, my search is over......Nirvana.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hello,

As many of you have already read, the High Caliber Holster is a unit that is very well made and designed. I have one, and I am VERY pleased with it. I HIGHLY recommend this product.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
HMMMMM, I've been trying a couple of different attachments on the HCH for use as anchor points for a gravity hold-out.

I've had far smoother operation than when the GHO is attached to a jacket. The jacket doesn't move at all, as the anchors are on the HCH.

Interesting idea Smile
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hi John,

So, do you have any feedback regarding the bulging that some people talk about?

Chris
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
It is a bit bulgy for me. If I have a wallet in my coat pocket, it is awkward. I love mine, but if I had to do it over, I would get a smaller-Joel is great; give him a call and he is more than will to answer any questions.
John
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Oops, didn't edit my post. What I meant to say is that if I had to do it over, I would get a smaller model-probably the ricochet. Joel is great and will work with you to get you what you want. It is best to have a list of exactly what you want to put in it (and what else you need to carry) and he can help you decide what you need. But if you carry a wallet in your jacket pocket (ie a card to wallet), it might be bulky on that side, especially if you have a slim build, like I do. PM me if you want more information.
John
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
I like these things. They are rather expensive. Is there any guarantee if they are too bulky or just not what we expect? Any return policy?

John
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I am a very tall and slender person, so the bulkiness is not an issue. In fact, it fills out my torso in a way that makes my suit-lines look better. (BTW – I own the Original Holster).

I wear it whenever I am in a suit or sport jacket. Many magicians that spot it always ask about it and I always give this accessory my highest regard.

As for price – I believe for a working professional, it pays for itself. It also separates the performers from the merely curious or “toy collectors”.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On 2008-03-13 19:47, kenodad wrote:
Oops, didn't edit my post. What I meant to say is that if I had to do it over, I would get a smaller model-probably the ricochet.

I just received the Riccochet and am very pleased. I couldn't recommend it more. Pursue and buy this item with confidence.

Dave

- David Robinson
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
It also separates the performers from the merely curious or “toy collectors”.

Hey now - this is pretty nifty for the hobbyist too 8^) This is the item that will end your days of keeping a spreadsheet on what is in the Assassin's Pouch, what is in the Pro Carrier, what is in Camera Bag #2, etc. so that you can find items as needed.

I ain't disrespecting the Assassin's Pouch here, it is a top value item for anyone and still key to me - but my High Caliber Holster rocks.

Dave

- David Robinson
HCM
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of HCM
Quote:
On 2008-03-17 22:14, johncesta wrote:
I like these things. They are rather expensive. Is there any guarantee if they are too bulky or just not what we expect? Any return policy?

John

Hi John,

If you purchase a holster and you're not satisfied, I will certainly take it back. Just let me know right away if it's not working out and we will arrange a return. I will update the FAQ page on my website to reflect the policy. I just need to write it first! I want my customers to be happy, not stuck with an item they don't want. Most important thing is that the holster hasn't been used, and it's no problem to take back.

As for the concern about the holster being bulky. It truly depends on what you wear and what you put into the holster. If your jacket is very fitted to your body, it might show. When carrying a concealed firearm it's called printing. Printing is the outline of your weapon or holster through your clothing. A very light colored jacket is going to print more than a dark colored jacket. What you can be sure of is that by eliminating the items from your pockets, you will be more organized and have much smoother lines. If your holster prints a little, it's still much less obvious than the printing you probably had in your pockets before.

For those who have experience wearing a concealed firearm, it will take almost no getting used to. For the majority of folks, wearing a holster will be something new. After a little time you will not even notice you're wearing the holster. For me, a little bit of printing is a perfect tradeoff for the mess I was prior. I think you will be satisfied once you give it a try.

On a side note... The holster is priced the way it is because of the labor required to make it. While it may prevent non-pros from buying it, that's not the intention. It is handcrafted leather, and takes a lot of time and work to make.

Glad you got your holster, Dave! Enjoy it!

Joel Broock
Joel Broock
High Caliber Magic, LLC
www.highcalibermagic.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
I don't have a problem with the price. And, the reviews have been terrific. It's an item I would LOVE to have as I do carry a few items. Some are my standard act and others are things I may decide to try out on any given night.

Thanks
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Visited Vegas this week and gave Joel a call requesting to take a look at his products first hand before I ordered.

What a nice guy! Joel met me at the Venetian and we had an opportunity to talk before I had to leave for Penn & Teller. We discussed how he came up with the holster concept - he devised it for his own walk around use - and all of the different ways that it could be modified.

All in all, I was very impressed with Joel. My birthday is coming up in few months so I'm going to start dropping the appropriate hints...
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Doing busniess with Joel has been a pure pleasure! He will work with you every step of the way. You simply tell him what it is you want to be able to carry and he will make it happen. Another great thing is, I know that should I feel the need to add on or re-design my holster Joel will jump in with both feet and work with me until I get it all figured out and at with I believe is a reasonable price.

I really hope Joel expands his business and offers yet even more products because of the type of person he is to deal with.... I really appreciate dealers like Joel and he certainly gets my highest recommendation.

Thanks Joel!

Best,
Bk
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
I just recived the Ricochet as a birthday gift from my wife. It is a thing of beauty. HCM'S box and wrapping paper were first class. No more fanny packs or full pockets! Well worth the money. Also well worth hinting to my wife that I wanted it for my birthday.

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I use one of Joel's holsters; it is some of the best leather work I have seen in a while. This would be one of the best investments in prop management I have ever made. I had him make me one to fit my needs; it allows me to pack light but effective. BTW his CS is outstanding. If you’re tired of your tricks being unorganized then the benefit far outweighs the cost IMO. I do allot of reel work and his new anchor points are perfect for this. Thank You Joel.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
durgy
View Profile
Elite user
Toronto
402 Posts

Profile of durgy
I just work a restaurant once a week and that's about it. I don't like to perform with a jacket. I wear dress pants, with a dress shirt tucked in and a tie. I would love to try this product out but don't see it working with what I wear...

One thing I thought of was perhaps wearing a vest. Does anyone wear this with a vest? Does it work well for you? If I get good feedback, perhaps I should go get a vest and order this product.

Thanks for your help.

Durgy
https://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I wear a vest and it fits great, if you have any other questions feel free to pm me.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I just got mine from Joel at World Magic! I purchased the Richochet along with 4 Uno's. I LOVE IT!!! I'm still getting use to the "feel" of it as I feel like I'm wearing a bra (not that I know what that feels like???) but the organization I feel of having everything at my fingertips and not having my pockets loaded down with stuff is a thing of beauty!!

YES!!! THEY ARE EXPENSIVE!!!! VERY EXPENSIVE!!!! But you get what you pay for! Worth every penny!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!