The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Time Is Money-Asi Wind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SmoothAM
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of SmoothAM
This sounds interesting, especially since CHRIS KENNER said it totally fooled him. I mean, if it fooled this guy, it'd fool just about anyone. I'm not exactly clear on the effect though, as I have never seen it performed. Can someone tell what the audience actually sees happen? Is the vanish part very clean & baffling? I believe in any "invisible travel" effect like this, a super vanish is crucial. For the simple reason that, if the audience isn't convinced the bill is GONE, they'll reconstruct in their minds how it happened and the magical impact will be greatly reduced. In other words, if the magician holds his hand some kind of funky way when the bill vanishes, the specs will probably think he just palmed it and carried it in his hand & put it under the watch. I don't believe a simple "retention vanish with a bill" would be in order here. Maybe something more like "fickle nickle with a bill". =) Get what I'm saying? Any thoughts?
eb02
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of eb02
I saw Asi presenting and explaining time is money on a magic convention.
It is a grate trick for close up/walk around. I saw the instruction on Magic magazine before the lecture but it is better to see it to understand the effect.
For the question if the volunteer do not have a watch, choose one who does have a watch...

Eran
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I am still yet debating whether to get the DVD. I understand the concept etc as I have the Magic Magazine from Feb 05 with the instructions, but I cant get it from there really. To answer your question SmoothAM, yes it is a great illusion. You fold you bill around the spectators so they are trapped around each other. In this condition they are placed on the spectators open palm and they put their finger on top, trapping them in place. They still see 2 bills folded around each other. When the magician wants, he unfolds the 2 bills to find just 1. The spectator then pulls the bill out from under their watch
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1484 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Actally just to clarify, the bills are not folded around each other but are folded ontop of one another in a 'V' shape.

Best wishes

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
There is a demo of this effect on Asi's website. Click on the link below and it will take you there. I think it looks really good. Time to buy it.

http://www.asimagic.com/timeismoneytrailer.mov
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1257 Posts

Profile of Salby
Anyone know where I can find the demo of this effect???

The link above does NOT work.

Thanks.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Go to http://www.asimagic.com/products.html

Right click and save it to your computer. It works.
Aim To Amaze
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
I saw the trailer...and once again I am blown away by the creativity that is coming from all around the world. This internet is the best thing to happen in Magic!
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
142 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
Does it work with plastic bills??
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Loved this effect for years. But broke status makes me do it with singles.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
THis is an effect that gets better after not doing it for a while then you realize how strong this is to a spectator...
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Curious if anyone came up with a different ending (not the watch or the other finale that specifically need USD money) ?