The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Time Is Money-Asi Wind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
On this much requested and anticipated new DVD, Asi explains, in great detail, his original routine that will enable you to make a spectator's bill vanish from your fingertips and reappear underneath his own wrist watch! Featuring handling details kept under wraps until now. As well as bonus routines, "Morph", "2 Bad" (Angelo Carbone), "Crumpled" (Harel), "Bill To Change", and the stage handling for "Time Is Money".

"The best thing I saw at MAGIC Live!"
- Paul Harris

"You totally, TOTALLY, fooled me!!!"
- Chris Kenner

"The best money routine I have seen."
- Jeff Hobson

Sounds nice, has anyone seen this? Can the bill be signed? Does it work with any bill or note from any country?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
423 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
I've watched Asi do this and the comments are dead on. This is a beautiful routine. The bill can be signed and you could use any paper currency. Its one of those routines that is super valuable to the working performer because once you've learned it you've got an amazing five to ten minute effect that can be performed anytime and anywhere.

I'm kinda disappointed that this is going mainstream and will be available to everyone however, its great for Asi. He is a great performer with a lot of original material. This DVD will be a must buy.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
This trick was Josh Jay's section of magic mag awhile back. It is the best single contribution in any magazine that I have ssen in years. I'llbe bying the DVD even though I kow the method from the above mention release just to give the guy his due for sharing such a strong effect.

This effect has never failed to get people to simply go crazy everytime I have performed it. I can promise you tha this DVD is worth ten times more than you will pay for it and you will be adding one of the strongest "anywhere/anytime" pieces that you are likely to find. Use any bills at any time...I have seen gaffed bill effects that you have to prepared for that don't pack half the magical "punch" that this routine does...I'm eager to see what else this guy has up his sleeve to release. If they are as good as this then we all owe him a big THANK YOU.

Best,
Clark
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Can you give a rundown of the routine
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Can we buy direct from Asi? Does he have a website?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Hocus Pocus have this DVD : http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1484 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I don't think you can buy direct from Asi but I may be wrong. He does have a website http://www.asimagic.com but it is still being tweaked.

I am in the DVD and it was very enjoyable to do. It is an excellent effect and I have seen Asi do it many times to lay people in New York. It always kills. Also I must comment on the quality of the DVD which is presented well graphically and has some neat effects. You wil easily learn the effect with an over the shoulder view point.

Best wishes,

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
jackleu
View Profile
New user
hongkong
22 Posts

Profile of jackleu
Sorry for a stupid question

how about if the spectator didn't have a watch?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-04-29 05:35, jackleu wrote:
Sorry for a stupid question
how about if the spectator didn't have a watch?

Apollo probably has it..... Smile ....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Let the spectator use your watch.
lbman
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of lbman
Sounds great, just one ?

If you cant buy from the guy who makes it then where do you have to get it from. Is there an online dealer to buy through.

Thanks in advance
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
I received it today, and I think it's a great item for a booklet, or book compilation, but I don't think it's worth the DVD asking price ($35). I have never seen this performed live but it appears either Asi Wind has not practiced his own material, or he is too camera shy.

The bonus routines were the weakest point. It was basically the same move with the same line. Imagine watching "The Aristocrates" straight through...then watch it again.

Don't get me wrong, I like the routine, and will use it. I just don't think it is different or original enough to warrent it's own DVD.

Effect: 5 out of 5 (from a spectator's point a view - the only one that should matter)

Difficulty: 3 out of 5 (from MY point of view. I have a coordination problem, but am sure most will be able to do this with easy, or at most little difficulty)

Value 1 out of 5 (see above comments)
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2006-04-29 23:26, lbman wrote:
Sounds great, just one ?

If you cant buy from the guy who makes it then where do you have to get it from. Is there an online dealer to buy through.

Thanks in advance

This is the second time I post this link in this thread:

Hocus Pocus have this DVD : http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2372 Posts

Profile of Doomo
This is a rarity.. The bonus effects (in my opinion) are even BETTER than themain effect. And they cover the problem of a spectator with no watch. I immediately started working on my own variation of one of the bonus effects. It is very rare that I actually USE something of someone elses in my own work... But this is a natural... All the effects use the same method its true. But still the effects created are VERY different. Borrowed money. Strong effect... Resets almost instantly... Worth your money...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1484 Posts

Hi G Divad,

Having personally witnessed Asi performing Time is Money a vast amount of times for the public, I am not sure what you mean by Asi not practicing his own material or being camera shy. He also goes into more than enough detail in the DVD and shows close-ups where essential.

As for the bonus routines of course they will use the same principle. That is the point. It would not make sense to include new tricks or routines as its not a DVD of many tricks. Its a DVD devoted to one trick only. The bonus routines cover stage handling, different revelations and also 'no watch' versions and use different outcomes to the main principle used.

Again I have witnessed Asi perform it many times at conventions, to New York magicians (ask them) and to New York public. He is more than an expert at Time is Money.

Best wishes

Angelo
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
Like I said just my opinion. I also stated I would also use it. Of course he would be an expert, afterall this is his effect Smile
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1484 Posts

I know its your opinion and was just a little confused with your choice of words. That's all.

Best wishes

Angelo
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
I have also seen Asi perform this many times in person. He has taken an old classic dollar bill fold, and turned it into a very nice piece of magic.

The fact the you can borrow the bill, do the fairly simple fold, and then have the vanished bill appear under their watch is a very commercial and practical routine. It is very visual and has good audience involvement, and the fact that everything is normal and borrowed adds alot.

The basic effect is that the magician takes out a $1 bill and so does the spectator. the magician then folds the bills together and puts it in the spectator's hand. After some talk and magic, the specator's bill visually vanishes and then appears under the spectator's watch and everything is examinable.
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
I've ordered the DVD and it arrived today~!

The explanation is thorough and clear and you won't go wrong with the routine.

ASI also shares some performance tips throughout the DVD which I think are valuable. Is he camera shy? Well... a bit... but that's not important anyway, the DVD has served the teaching purpose well.

It uses a rather old principle but at the same time brings it to a new height. I really like how this principle is used here.

If you are not comfortable having the spec.'s money under his watch. There are indeed some variations in the ending with which the watch is not involved.

I haven't tried that out but I'll definintely use it. It's simple and not very hard to do. One thing though you are not entirely impromptu... you need to prepare your own bill first... but in the end the examined bills are indeed the ones you used and the spec's. No switching whatsoever is involved.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Just got this. There is tremendous value in this DVD well worth the money. The application is brilliant! Asi routine is a real worker. The bonus routines are very good. Best of all it packs small and plays big. The teaching of the application was very good. One of the best instructional DVDs that I have seen, very clear. I give this a 10/10