The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: The best puppets? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
What would you say is the best place to get puppets? without saying axtell
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hamd or string?

String (Marionettes) is BEST and Quality HIGH and the prices LOW from the czechs.
Not on thier eBay either...go direct to

http://www.czechmarionettes.com/

Hundreds to choose from...beautifully crafted. Richard Kuklik's controller is killer!

And sorry...but Axtell has the goods in Hand Puppets or google till your fingers fall off. Plenty out there.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Hand puppets. unfortunately I cant really afford axtell puppets at the moment so I thought id see if any other puppets are highly reccommended. thanks for your link Doug.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
There are some latex hand puppets on ebay that look pretty good. Visually they are not as strong as Axtell's designs, but they are cheaper and they don't appear to be copies or rip-offs of his designs.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
With nothing against the wonderful puppets I have gotten from "name" artist, it is what you do with the puppet that is most important.

An example is my wonderful marionette from the Master Craft Puppet People. (Pervis a 50's rock and roller)

It was purchased over 17 years ago, and still is a crowd pleasure.

My nearly normal "hands" marionettes over the years has been just as fun.

This was made with two white gloves a stick and 2 lengths of fishing line.

Zelda my nearly normal chimp, (Axtell) has gotten a lot of press in the paper, but
Thomas a green sock with eyes from Hobby Lobby can create more fun than a barrel....

....of....

you get my point....

Just two puppets worth from

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist and Nearly Normal Puppeteer.....
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Hmmm...without mentioning Axtell?

Cost aside, I would say check these companies out for excellent puppets:

http://www.selbergstudios.com

http://www.matpuppets.com

Now for Excellent and inexpensive?

Try this....

http://www.pavlovspuppets.com/shop.htm

Also try

htp://www.axtell.com

Ooops!
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Stevie D,

I know you requested that we not to mention _______, so I'll just say Steve.

Steve has some vinyl versions of some of his puppets that are less expensive and might be an affordable alternative.

Didn't know if you were aware of that or not.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
THANKS FOR THE LINKS STEVE. I had a look and it looks like I'm saving up a little longer for yours, there really isn't anything nearly as good.
steve
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Wow thanks for your nice words. We really try hard to deliver our best (audience reaction, strong characters & innovation).... but I do really enjoy the work of the other artists I recommended.

2006 will really have some fun surprises! Stay in touch on our What's New Page http://www.axtell.com/new.html

Happy New Year!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
JEFF PENNELL
View Profile
New user
Jeffrey C. Pennell
3 Posts

Profile of JEFF PENNELL
Steve,
I am a proud owner of one of your pupets and I think they are great. I hae the troll like little boy (chick magnet) and the kids love him. If you get a chance, if you get a chance, go to my web site and then to biography. Click on my real person an dyou will see Willie in an I-Zod shirt. They're great!!
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
864 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Trying to track down a puppet - it's in the shape of a large shoe, main puppet is a cat that sticks out the opening, and a mouse protruding from the toe. Only ID on it says "Puppet Co."

Help, anyone?

thanks!
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Carlosfa
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Carlosfa
Steve Axtell products are really great products and the customer service is incredible, always there to help you.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
The best puppets are the ones you make yourself...study the Rick baker videos on youtube.get busy and learn something...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Yes -When you create them - Had so much fun making "Rusty a 7 years old Rascal , made 30 years ago and Cici a boa constrictor", made 12 years ago and likes to hug' ha ha ha - in the profile picture.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Nat
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2022, Russo wrote:
Yes -When you create them - Had so much fun making "Rusty a 7 years old Rascal , made 30 years ago and Cici a boa constrictor", made 12 years ago and likes to hug' ha ha ha - in the profile picture.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am looking for information about the Bucknell Puppets, i.e. origins, history, performances, etc.

Many thanks.

brinate@sio.midco.net
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I like Pavlov's Puppets. I've ordered 13 so far, and one was a custom job that they liked and kept the changes. I have 2 Axtell puppets; 3 if you count the microphone.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.