The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Devil's Pocket Hank or Ghostly Pocket Hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hi All!

Just getting ready for some Christmas gigs and am thinking about buying a magical hank for the old suit. Any one use either of these found at Fabric Manipulations? And, if so, which do you prefer?

Thanx, as always, for the help!

django
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi django:

They're used for different reasons, for it depends on your plans. The Devil's Hank is a utility device used to make small things disappear - usually used as part of a routine; the ghostly hank is for the glorpy effect.

I would say that the Ghostly hank is probably only good for close up and/or living room situations. You have to set it on a surface and the hank is fairly small, so larger audiences may have a hard time seeing it. If you're doing some table hopping, I think it would be great to have in your pocket.

Ron
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Here Glorpy !! Come Here Glorpy!! that's a good boy !! ok make the card appear , GOOD BOY!!

Too much Sankey in my coffee..
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Thanx for the insight. WHat's your personal verdict, though. You only get to put one in your outer breast pocket. Which one is it?
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
I would use the Ghostly Hanky since it is a trick in and of itself. The Devils hank is fantastic for making small things disappear but it is a little awkward when it comes time to bring those objects back.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Thanx for the suggestions-does anyone know what a typical pocket square/hank size is?

On the Fabric Manipulations website, they offer two sizes: 15 X 15, or 11 X 11...

Thanx!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
About 12 years ago I purchased from Tannens an item called 'Rigid Hank'.I still carry it today in my outer breast pocket.Working on a principle similar,but not exactly like 'Stiff Rope',it looks sharp and play's big.I am not sure Tannens still carries it any longer.If it is still made I highly reccommend it.Rigid Hank requires no table,is open to different presentations,looks totally innocent,and gets great reactions.Best.

Rich
Lynetta
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
111 Posts

Profile of Lynetta
Hello Django,

Of course I think you should buy both, the Devil's Pocket Square and the Ghostly Pocket Hank;)

In answer to your question, a typical pocket square (for your outer breast pocket) is 11" X 11"; a typical man's handkerchief is 15" X 15". If for routining purposes you need a specific size, let me know.

Not to make it harder for you to decide, but I wanted to let you know that I have re-designed the pocket on the Devil's Pocket Square so that it is much easier to retrieve objects once they have vanished. Especially if you use it to vanish a coin, ring, or other small item that will be reproduced later.

*If you plan to order directly from my site, check in the December issues of MAGIC and Genii for free shipping coupons.

Lynetta
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Hi All!

Well, I finally decided on buying the Devil's Pocket Hank from Lynetta at FabricManipulation.com and it arrived today.

You know how we have to sort through posts and posts of reviews and products, desperately trying to find something we like, only to be sorely disappointed. It comes in the mail and you feel cheated and cheap. I think it's fair to say that it's happened to all of us.

But then there's that one time when our mysterious order arrives and we open it only to find that it has exceeded our most optimistic hopes. That is what happened to me today. It is very rare that I consider buying a dozen more of any product because of a worry that something terrible might happen to the one I own and I may never be able to find another. Let me say I am already planning on ordering more from Lynetta, God keep her safe!

I don't know what I can say about the hank, really. I mean it's, at it's most basic denominator, silk and thread. But she has somehow woven the two together to make one of the most magical pieces of apparatus I own. I will keep this forever.

Anyway, I almost didn't want to tell anyone else about this discovery but the craftsmanship (craftswomanship?) is so wonderful that I feel it is my duty to spread the word.

Without a doubt, my best purchase of 2005.

django
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Lynetta is one of those rare folks that just does not ship inferior products.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I got a ghostly pocket hank for Christmas & it is beautiful.
The gimmick is awesome! It is differen't from the traditional Glorpy gimmick.
I never really liked the movement of the traditional effect, with this new design, I can do it in a manner which I think looks much more magical.

These things are awesome, I highly recommend getting one.

Mike
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Wow, I can't believe that was four years ago, lol.

You know what, though? I still have it (and love it)!

~jamie
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Which one did you get?
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Glorpy is GREAT and if you use the presentation that Bill Malone does in " Here I Go again" in the right situation it would be very good!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Worth purchasing both 'No-Ring Ring Hank', and the 'Devils Pocket Hank'? What are the differences other than the 'Ring' factor?
Posting ever so slightly.
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Good to hear a satisfied magic purchaser
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 05:39, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
Worth purchasing both 'No-Ring Ring Hank', and the 'Devils Pocket Hank'? What are the differences other than the 'Ring' factor?

They are very different. The Devil's Pocket Hank is just that - similar to other Devil's Hanks with the exception that this one is much better made than any of the others I own. Head and shoulders above, not necessarily in how it works so much as how it looks and feels.

The No-Ring Ring Hank is designed purely for very small items, such as rings and coins. You can vanish/produce a deck of cards, coin stack, and other larger items with the Devil's Hank. The No-Ring works much more tightly for small items, with regard to where you place the item to vanish it and especially the ingenious method for retrieving the item.

I have both plus a Devil's Pocket Square. My other Devil's hanks are relegated to that "drawer of no return" - probably for good!

Jim
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Thanks J-Mac, I made my 'No-Ring Ring Hank' purchase a couple of days ago. Appreciate the insight.
Posting ever so slightly.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
If this thread is being revived I would suggest one look at the "Go Go Vanisher" as an alternative or addition to your arsenal.

I have vanished an Easter Egg from a child's hand -- and have used it to produce an item as well.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fin......VANISHER
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Is there a video demo of go go vanisher anywhere ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.