The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Change a bill DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 11:23, MagicChris wrote:
I had seen a video demo of this awhile back and couldn't' believe it.

Video demo?
Couldn't find any at Bob Kohlers place Smile
Any URL available?
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
There will probably not be a video demo anytime soon becaue magicians are bound to guess the method if it is seen online. That being said it certainly is visual and should be great for certain performance environments. It will not fool magicians though. I think the angles a decent (though not fantastic). I liked the idea of a transpo more so than a traditional bill switch (Annemann's seems cleaner to me). The card trick is nothing special (in my humble opinion). Best part of the switch is the instant transformation.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-11-11 11:54, david_a_whitehead wrote:
There will probably not be a video demo anytime soon becaue magicians are bound to guess the method if it is seen online.
Well, also this might be true, to me a video demo shows the *impact* /effect re how it looks to an onlooker.

I'm not really interested in methods, but in *the look* of it..

Doing a bill switch without a TT always leads me to Jarle Leirpolls handling which to me looks like real magic..
(forgetting for a moment Lonnie Chevries method, which needs much more preparation, though *looking-wise* is great)

What I so am after, is anything that looks more then real magic -even better then Jarle Leirpolls, well knowing that is impossible to achieve, but one never knows, therefor the interest re *the look* of it- and that is my goal in searching for demo vids Smile
IMHO, anybody NOT putting up a demo vid (having an outstandingly deceptive handling) has something to hide and in most cases this is because *the look* of that 'trick' isn't as good as the add.
My remark is general and has nothing to do with that specific routine we are talking about, but I stick to my opinion in general, re NOT making demo-vids available, and this goes especially for these situations where DVDs already are existing, so making a snip available isn't that big a task.. Smile

Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Werner, you're not the typical magic purchaser. My guess is that, for ethical reasons, even if you figured out how something worked, you'd purchase if you thought you could use it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, here's some things to ponder. First of all, it's put out by Bob Kohler. Anybody that has any DVD's produced by Bob knows how good they are ( Chris Korn, Scott Alexander and Dan Watkins DVD's for example ).

It's only $19.00. That's a SUPER bargain.

You get several applications including billet work for mentalism.

and...order from Bob and shipping is free.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Oh...and anyone can order direct from Fred ( always helps to support the creator )
at http://www.fredmagic.com

Same price, same free shipping.

I think Murphy's is probably distributing, so you can check your favorite dealer if you choose to go that route.

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Oh..forgot...you want to se how a bill-switch (TT-less) should look like?
It's just an official demo... Smile

http://www.leirpoll.com/video/view_bill.htm

Posted: Nov 11, 2005 1:16pm
Quote:

On 2005-11-11 12:23, Larry Davidson wrote:
Werner, you're not the typical magic purchaser. My guess is that, for ethical reasons, even if you figured out how something worked, you'd purchase if you thought you could use it.

Well, I don't know how typical I am..
I DO however buy *lots* of DVDs just for the pleasure of seing 'good' performances..
The intention very seldom is to do or learn the routine..one simply can't learn it all, but it is fun to see good magic..and, IF I f.ex. se a demo of a bill-switch or anything else that *looks* good, I do buy the DVD to get the thoughts behind it...even if I not even intend to do it..TBH, I don't even 'do' any bill switch at all (yet)...
My current collection of purchased DVDs?
120 currently...not to mention all the VHS-tapes...
How many of the routines therefrom I do?
Can be counted on the fingers of one hand and that is not because the routines on those captures are not worth to do....
I'm just a lover of good magic..and I especially love to watch it performed...

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I bought the leirpoll video when it came out. He has a nice bill switch. Heck, all the popular bill switches are good. I like Changeabill beacuse it's dramatic. You fold there bill into quarters, hold it up for them to see and BAM it changes.

Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
I'm waiting for the bill switch where there is no folding. We borrow a bill, wave it and it's another denomination.

Best,

Al
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
My wife can do that!!
Give her a $20..she waves good-by to me and goes shopping..

Sorry, just a little humor..
Don
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-11-12 09:04, magicman1 wrote:
My wife can do that!!
Give her a $20..she waves good-by to me and goes shopping..

Sorry, just a little humor..
Don
What/where is the problem?
Just swap her for that DVD Smile

evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-11-05 11:06, Bob Kohler wrote:
Changeabill can be used in lots of other situations and routines. The implications are almost frightening. Uses include but are not limited to signed bill effects such as Bill To Lemon, transpositions, billet routines, visual switches with other objects such as a folded playing card to a half dollar and more...

We've also included the work on the Million Dollar Bill. This is not only one of the greatest give a ways for promotional purposes but the best out for any bill change routine when a spectator asks you to change their one dollar bill into a one hundred. You not only exceed their expectations but give them the Million with your contact info. We tell you where to get them and strategies to help you customize the bill for your specific purpose.

Just ordered and I can't wait to get mine. When I read the above two paragraphs, I know I need to get it to learn and improve my knowledge base and skill on bill change AND bill in lemon or lime routine.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Evolve629 I think you're going love this. Watch the performance first. It's always more fun that way.

Fred has a wonderful, relaxed teaching style. You get the feeling he's talking to you alone and really cares that you undertsand what he's doing.

Posted: Nov 20, 2005 11:55am
UPDATE:

I have now used this in performance and it plays better than I hoped. I haven't received my custom bills yet, so I used the million dollar bill. The visual change is dramatic adn out of 5 tables, only one asked for their dollar back.

Fred has come up with a real winner!!!!!

evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'm very happy with Fred's technique. This dvd is worth every penny and I'm pleased that I purchased it. I found a website where you can order either 100 of the Million or Billion Dollar Bills for only $25. Click here. I figure it's much cheaper than the custom bills suggested. I just have to stamp my business info. onto the Million Dollar Bills and still achieve the same marketing result. Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
Will this method work with plastic-type bills found in some countries? If yes, does it look as good with these bills? Is it more difficult with these bills? Unfortunately many of the better methods rely on the ability to make nice crisp folds, which are simply not possible with the plastic currency.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
I Like to see a DEMO !!!!

No Demos there???
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-02-02 13:43, Marc Frese wrote:
I Like to see a DEMO !!!!

No Demos there???

No demo needed. It's only $19.00 and worth a lot more!

samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Quote:
On 2006-01-06 08:49, Chris S wrote:
Will this method work with plastic-type bills found in some countries? If yes, does it look as good with these bills? Is it more difficult with these bills? Unfortunately many of the better methods rely on the ability to make nice crisp folds, which are simply not possible with the plastic currency.

Chris S, you have answer yourself.
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
I am not sure what that means. Could you please be a bit more specific?

Many thanks.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
>> Will this method work with plastic-type bills found in some countries?
No, because this method rely on the ability to make nice crisp folds, which are simply not possible with the plastic currency. I know because I've tried it.