The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes :: Bill Switch Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I'll like to be in california to. I'm sick and tired of the cold here in Wisc. plus I could have the Book and a FREE Autograph to boot. and maybe get some pointers Lord knows I need it. D,
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
This book seems like a winner to me. Going to order it soon!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
psyrules510
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of psyrules510
This book, as stated above, is the biggest magic book I have seen. Still yet to read it.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Which for a good book!!!
Price is more than ok.
Many pictures and well written.
Some SWITCHES are missing however still.
But in large whole 9 of 10.

A BIG BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clusters
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of clusters
Is Richard Sanders' Visibill included in this???
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I have the book since yesterday. Only briefly through leafed. But with the whole ideas in the book one finds the explanation. A really good book!!!
sardini
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of sardini
He should have kept his political views to himself. They were not relevant and rather snide.
clusters
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of clusters
Do we really need to know that many methods for a bill switch?
it's like a book on the various methods of double lifts
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Quote:
On 2006-04-12 10:26, clusters wrote:
Do we really need to know that many methods for a bill switch?
it's like a book on the various methods of double lifts

No maybe you don't need all that, there is no book in the world that you would use everything in it. You take what suits YOU. If you take on good thin in a magic book these days, it's a good book. In this book the number of things that you can add in your repertoire is amazingly high.
I got the book yesterday and do yourself a favor, take a 20$ bill, switch it for a 100$, go buy the book and pay yourself a nice pizza with the money left and start reading. You won't regret it.
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
YOU did not have the book in the hands. Purchase it and you will see!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I should have mine tomorrow.

I have been waiting for this book ever since Roger Klause told me about it 3 or 4 years ago. I know it is going to be very good and worth every penny.
Posted: Apr 16, 2006 1:01am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I now have the book and it is very good! Of course have not read the whole book as of yet am digesting it slowly and enjoying every moment of it!

If you have never done the bill switch (But want to) buy this book. If you do the switch buy this book. There is much to offer either type of person.

Jamy Ian Swiss in the introduction says something like this maynot be the difinitive book on the switch. That maybe it isn't but it certainly is a very good start if it isn't

I wish I could say stay away from this book as you won't find anything of value in it. I want to say that for selfish reasons but can't.
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Is Roger Klause's Super Slow-Motion Bill Transposition in this book?
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2006-04-17 15:08, Badger wrote:
Is Roger Klause's Super Slow-Motion Bill Transposition in this book?

It is not in there. But there are some versions closer to the original U.F. Grant Slow Motion Transpo in the book. Some of the problems with the newer U.S. bills in regard to the Slow Motion effect are addresed in there too I believe.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of PapaG
How useful is this book to people in the UK (ie different sized denominations)?
Handsome Jack
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
32 Posts

Profile of Handsome Jack
If you look at the ad copy you will see that there is something in this book for everyone...all over the world. There are over a dozen different techniques and over 70 different routines. Some of the techniques and routines work BETTER with different sized/colored bills and some work better with money of similar size/color.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Does the book also covers bill transposition trick (something like "Atomic Bill")?
Thanks.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I got the book yesterday, and I have quickly read it back and forth a few times.

I have tried the basic effects ($1 bill to $100 bill) with swedish currency (20 crown bill to 100 crown bill), and it works beautifully.

I don't think there will be any problems with UK bills PapaG.

Jeff, there is a chapter named Transposition Routines:
The Name is the Same - Roger Klause
Cards and Cash - Doc Dixon
To Catch a Thief - Steve Silverman
Changeling - David Harkey
Things Change - John Lovick

This book will surley keep me busy for a while.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Is there a list of the methods/authors included in the book?

I am interested in Leirpoll's, Grandpa's/Cheverie, Choose's/bar bill, Ammar's bill switch.

If I can get them in one book, great; else I will look at individual purchases.

Thanks
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
I like a show of one money into another. I have seven and some ways to make this change and I wonder if any are in the book? I will investrigate and see if mine are there or if I have created somethig is new.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
Kelvin W Sherlock
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Kelvin W Sherlock
Quote:
I am interested in Leirpoll's, Grandpa's/Cheverie, Choose's/bar bill, Ammar's bill switch.

Leirpoll's full switch is not included; however there is some advice from him, and the appendix mentions how his switch differs from other switches in the book.

Cheverie's switch is not included, but Juan Pablo Ibanez's switch is (Grandpa's bill is based on that).

I don't have the book with me right now, so I'm not sure if the other two are included, but they both have contributions in the book.

For everybody that doesn't have it, it's an amazing book with some good tips and full routines beyond turning a $1 bill to a $100 bill (or Euro, etc).