The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes :: Bill Switch Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I'm curious if anyone has heard anything recently about this book? I remember it being excerpted in one of the monthly's awhile back but then it seems to have dropped off the planet...

...anyone know anything?

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
It's coming, it's coming... Essentially finished, currently waiting for a foreword and then off to the printers!

ajp
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
So 2006?
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Depends on Murphy's, but I suspect early 2006 is accurate...

You guys (and gals) are in for something special...

ajp
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
He did the layout. As he noted, all is finished and we are waiting on the introduction to be completed. It is then immediately off to the printer (which can take 6-8 weeks).

Tim Trono
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Tim and/or Andrew,

Any chances of a companion video of the effects in the book also being released (either as part of the book and/or as a separate item)?

I really learn best via video. And, as with the Slydini books, the videos of Slydini performing the effects realy adds clarity and depth to the instructions in the book. Just a thought.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Hi Mike. It's something we've thought about but no short term plans. However, John Lovick has done an absolutely spectacular job in writing and there are tons of illustrations. There really is only A material in this book as far as I am concerned. I am really proud of the job everyone did on this. No matter where you stand in magic... new, old, close up, stand up. Just fascinating routines, handlings, interviews, etc.

Tim
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Any news about the date of publication ?

THere was a review in Magic Magazine in the December 2005 issue.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
If there's a review out already, than it should be at dealer's in no time Smile
Handsome Jack
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
32 Posts

Profile of Handsome Jack
The design of the dustjacket is being finished today and then the whole thing is off to the printer. Book should hit the shelves in February.

Very excited about it. I'm very happy with how it's turned out. Peter Duffie reviewed it in the December MAGIC, and Mike Close's review will be in Genii next month.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-12-29 20:02, Handsome Jack wrote:
The design of the dustjacket is being finished today and then the whole thing is off to the printer. Book should hit the shelves in February.

Very excited about it. I'm very happy with how it's turned out. Peter Duffie reviewed it in the December MAGIC, and Mike Close's review will be in Genii next month.

Careful dude. There's a birlliant Magician named John Lovick that uses Handsome Jack as a theatrical alias.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
I hate to break it to you MagicChris but the Handsome Jack that wrote that message is John Lovick.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1364 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I think he was being facetious. Handsome Jack's post is hard to misread as someone other than the person who wrote the book. Unless you're being facetious, too ...
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Hopefully it will be ready in time for WMS at the end of Februsry : -)
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
Well, it was reviewed in Genii...that's a good sign...moving closer...
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
L& L Publishing states that :

"Please note we are accepting pre-orders for Switch. The book is due in the first week of March 2006. "

Book content :

• The original handling of the $100 Bill Switch—as performed by the inventor—described for the very first time.
• More than twenty variations—some use a thumbtip and others don’t, some use fewer folds, and one uses no folds at all!
• Instantaneous changes, multiple switches, palm-up handlings, a one-handed change, bill productions and vanishes, visual transformations and more.
• Sleights, subtleties, utility moves, performance theory, presentation ideas, and a definitive history of the bill switch.
• More than 60 close-up and stand-up routines, each described in meticulous detail with over 700 illustrations. The routines include Transpositions, Bill-to-Impossible-Location plots, Torn & Restored effects, and several routines that don’t even involve money.
CONTRIBUTORS INCLUDE:
David Acer
Jon Allen
Michael Ammar
Danny Archer
Gaetan Bloom
Marc DeSouza
Dan Garrett
Bill Goldman
Dave Gripenwaldt
David Harkey
Richard Hatch
Roger Klause
Mike Kozlowski
Gary Kurtz
Bill Malone
Jay Marshall
Max Maven
Steve Mayhew
Robert E. Neale
Andrew J. Pinard
David Regal
Marvyn Roy
Richard Sanders
Jay Sankey
Jim Sisti
Jamy Ian Swiss
Vladimir Vladimirov
Michael Weber
Gregory Wilson
Scotty York

Posted: Mar 22, 2006 9:37am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Up until now all magic mag reviewed this product ( Genii-Magic Magazine-MUM (SAM mag-Linking Ring IBM mag ) ...

but still no book available .

What's the point ???
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I received a copy from the printer today and it looks FABULOUS. Everyone who was part of this HUGE project gave it 110% and I am very proud of the outcome. John Lovick spent COUNTLESS hours honing this book. This is truly a must have.... great routines, great handlings, great thinking, etc. I was advised by the printers that it should ship today or tomorrow to Murphy's and then from there out to your favorite dealer. It's been a long wait but I am confident you will find it worth the wait.

Tim Trono
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
This is the kind of book that I think will greatly benefit me and that I'm really going to enjoy. Given my "Type A" nature, I like to take an effect/idea and explore it to death until I end up with something that's best for me, and this book will save me tons of time exploring the topic because someone else--John Lovick--has done so much of that. I'm sure that I won't end up using a particular handling/routine exactly as written in the book because I always tweak stuff to fit me, but I imagine that I'll find a lot of ideas that I'll think are great and that greatly speed my quest to create/discover what's best for me. Thanks John Lovick, aka "Handsome Jack!"

Larry Davidson, aka "Ugly Larry"
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Is this out yet?
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
It's already being advertised on Hocus Pocus so I'm guessing people should be getting the book soon. This is one of my future purchases most definitely.