The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: What tricks do you bring with you? (121 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
lifeofwonder
View Profile
New user
Australia
54 Posts

Profile of lifeofwonder
Here are my most frequently used items that I carry:
-Loops
-Branded gimmick
-Deck of Cards
-Occasionally Invisible Deck

However, I enjoy my time most using a balloon at a birthday for Pressure and metal bends with cutlery.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2013, ChrisTheImpossible wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-09-26 15:13, Magic Sam wrote:
I'm always carrying a TT loaded with a twenty for doing a bill switch, and a deck of cards. That's more than enough. Smile

I assume you do lots of sleight of hand? What do you think about Identity?

Identity is very strong! I use this in bars a lot.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2014, lifeofwonder wrote:
-Loops
-Branded gimmick
-Deck of Cards

However, I enjoy my time most using a balloon at a birthday for Pressure and metal bends with cutlery.

I have had the invisible deck go wrong several times with me revealing the opposite side. Has this happened to you?
brandontoh
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of brandontoh
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, How wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2014, lifeofwonder wrote:
-Loops
-Branded gimmick
-Deck of Cards

I have had the invisible deck go wrong several times with me revealing the opposite side. Has this happened to you?

Nope, never happened to me before. It's the one thing to be careful of when using the ID. How do you salvage the situation after you revealed the wrong side?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
One deck of cards - with a memorized deck stack. You can do miracles with a stacked deck, sure.
One deck of cards - with one breather crimp.
Rubberbands.
Coins.
Elastic loops.
I also use a Topit and the sleeves for some amazing magic.
and more...
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
A notepad
My mind
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
Deck of cards, Svengali Deck, McDonald's Aces, TT
Escamoteur
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Currently when just out and about:

Stealth Assassin Wallet (technically a utility/prop that enables many "tricks". My day to day wallet so I always have with me) Loaded with a few business cards/slips of paper and sometimes the Short List routine along with Will to Read and a Sanctum 2 card.
QB 3
a few coins for use with Quinta
A sharpie
If I have my side bag with me I might also have a deck of cards
Mike Criphone
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Mike Criphone
TT w/red silk
Cigarette though half
Scotch & Soda
Steam 2.0 (card stock in envelope with Bic felt tip)
Sound effect - bone cruncher
wil3923
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wil3923
Little door gimmick
A Sharpie
Some Loops
A Deck of cards
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Extreme burn L&L
Twisted sister
Stand up Monte
Deck of cards
Mini chop cup
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
On June 27, 2014, (I'm not going to quote myself, if you're really interested in being a magician, scroll up to my post.)

I guess one person MAY have read what I said. I need to scroll up, myself, to reread his post. I'll be right back.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes...writeall, on July 5, 2014, read, and understood what I said!

Thanks, writeall, and, congratulations!
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
I have always with me a wallet full with tricks:
- Tellethought wallet (version 2) - compact and perfect for peek
- Coins and money: Hopping Half, Two copper and one silver, Scotch and soda, Two dollar window
- To do voodoo
- Loops
- Mystery Card v.2 - it is my invention - a credit card which include 17 (!) effects
- Mystery Calendar - a pocket calendar with about 10 effects
- deck of cards

So, with a wallet full with tricks and a deck of cards I can make a whole magic/mentalism show everywhere and anytime Smile
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
It aint WHAT ya do, it's HOW ya do it!

TRICKS, like music, only exist while they are being performed. You have a wallet full of PROPS!
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Hm... probably you are right Dick. I (we) have in the wallet (pocket) some props which allows me (us) to do different tricks. The question was "what tricks do you bring with you" and everybody share his preferences. Tricks, props, tools, gimmicks... we can call them with different names, but in my opinion this is not the most important in the case.
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Ahlichs
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ahlichs
- deck of cards in stack, with a deep breather in card 52
- couple of dupes for T&R
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, hektormagic wrote:
Hm... probably you are right Dick. I (we) have in the wallet (pocket) some props which allows me (us) to do different tricks. The question was "what tricks do you bring with you" and everybody share his preferences. Tricks, props, tools, gimmicks... we can call them with different names, but in my opinion this is not the most important in the case.

You are entitled to your OPINION, (The USA is a free country.) It, is, however, only an OPINION.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2204 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Derek Dingle's Double Deception, I've been performing this effect since I was 15 and after Derek's passing I bought Tannen's inventory, at the time they were only 10.00 a deck.
Professor's Nightmare, Slydini's Own Rope Trick.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Jake!

The late Quintino Marucci, aka Slydini, contributed a "handling" of the Edward Victor C&R rope technique, which produced the necessary "situation" for the Professor's Nightmare. "The long and short of it" is in "Slydini ENCORES" (copyright 1966). Slydini credits the late Hen Fetsch as the originator. While there are several who think that there were a few earlier users of the principle, the late Bob Carver is generally considered the originator. Carver showed the method to another magician, who "sold" it to the late Gene Gordon. Gene wrote the original "Nightmare" lines, and, sold it for $1.00. I paid Gene a dollar for it in April, 1959. (seven years before "Slydini Encores").

I liked the effect, but, didn't like the "set up moves". The late Karrell Fox finally realized that the late Gen Grant's "move" for his "50/50 C&R rope, would provide the necessary set up. Karrell shared his "discovery". In 1971, using Grant's method, I started to perform it.

The late Dennis Loomis and I worked out a routine involving the late Karl Germaine's C&R routine, Slydini's handling from "Encore", a few ideas from the late Ken Allen, and a bluff restoration (before Conway). It was a predecessor to Pop Haydn's "Mongolian Pop Knot". I used the Loomis/Oslund routine for about five years as the opener in my high school program. I cut up a "few" spools of rope, in 5 years! Then, I dropped it. I'm retired, but,if I were to revive the routine, I would definitely use Pop's Mongolian. --I like it better than what Dennis and I worked out, almost 50 years ago!