The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception :: Antinomy WOW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The latest Anatinomy has a trick, titled, Reflection... by Dean Dill. Dean did this for us yesterday and I have to tell you... it is worth the price of a year's subscription! Fooled all (several times).

Not only that but a new marked coin in beer bottle trick he was doing NAILED the experts... no clue! No gimmicks, no switches and it is real. I have no idea how he got it in there. Can was sealed. Pop the top and pour it out and the coin IS REALLY IN THERE... signed, no switches.

I hear Criss Angel has bought the TV rights.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I am very interested in Antinomy, does this mean these are all explained?

The Artful Ledger offers "Antics and Interludes." It includes thoughts on making your card magic more entertaining, as well as variations on "Daley's Aces" (in turn inspired by John Bannon's approach in Dear Mr. Fantasy ) and a packet effect by Jean-Jacques Sanvert. For a year's worth of Jon Racherbaumer content, join http://www.jonracherbaumer.com today!

Dean Dill asks about a mental "Reflection." It fools people. A spectator freely deals cards from a chosen deck. The card they stopped at is proven to be a "Reflection" of a prediction previously set aside. Check out Dean's Magic at http://www.deandill.com

Jack Parker contributes something old and something new with "100% Confidence" and "Friction Aces." If you like card magic, you'll love these. The cards go through surprising changes in these well-framed effects.

Jack T. Koopmans offers "Celebrity Search." The magician is able to magically stop on a card whose image matches the name of a celebrity that the spectator is thinking of.

Matt Herbert shows how to perform a "Sobriety Test." In this test, the rules are turned upside down as a Quarter is hidden behind a Dime. You better answer this one correctly, or you won't pass!

Norman Beck recommends how to pay (play?) "Hotel Bills." Norman uses a set of currency to illustrate a math puzzle where $1 disappears. He uses this effect to obtain free upgrades at the hotels he stays at.

In the third edition of The Honest Liar, Jamy Ian Swiss discusses what has been assumed to be a pet phrase of Vernon's: "Don't make unimportant things important."
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Christopher,

The coin trick Pete mentions is not in ANTINOMY, but the others you list are all in Issue 3 with explanations.

Gene
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
I'll post this here also, Antinomy is a beutifully produced magazine that is worth every bit of what Gene is asking. The Quality of the product, the information and the magic is top notch. If you have not subscibed yet do so now, you won't be sorry.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
The coin effect that Pete was describing sounds exactly like what Criss Angel is advertising in either Genii or Magic (can't remember which mag). I seem to recall it's going to sell for about 40 dollars.

As to Dean's "Reflection", I read this effect and immediately went out in search of a nice box. I'm quite anxious to try this one out.

As to any non-Antinomy subscribers, I can only say that there is not a better way to invest in your art. This is the only magazine that I continually re-read the articles over and over again. I'm really looking forward to the end of the year CD-ROM bonus Gene has promised us.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2368 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I thought that the cd rom bonus was a cd with all the issues on it... At least that is how it read to me...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
287 Posts

Profile of Dirko
How can I subscribe to this?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2005-08-25 18:42, Doomo wrote:
I thought that the cd rom bonus was a cd with all the issues on it... At least that is how it read to me...

That's how I read it too...but how nice is it going to be to have all 4 issues available for viewing on our computers? Great idea and looking forward to it.
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
The CD ROM Annual will have all four of the issues from Year One on it, as well as additional bonus material.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2005-08-25 23:10, antinomy wrote:
The CD ROM Annual will have all four of the issues from Year One on it, as well as additional bonus material.

My cup runneth over.
Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Playa Vista CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
Great magazine. Besides the tricks, I really enjoy Jon Racherbaumer and Jamy Ian Swiss' columns.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I just picked up Antimony at a convention - a good read and good magic.

Dean's reflection is a fine trick, but does anyone else think it owes more than a little to Ken Brooke's Locked? (I don't have the original instructions for Nemo 1500, so I can't compare. Locked was its successor as the price of the Nemo 1500 props got out of hand, according to Ken. Possibly, Nemo 1500 is an earlier example.)

sam
Mike Squires
View Profile
New user
Dallas
56 Posts

Profile of Mike Squires
Just received 1,2, and 3 last Friday. They are very well put together, with a lot of thought from the contributors. Excellent periodical. The Dean Dill "Reflections" piece discussed above is a nice lesson that goes beyond just that trick. This is one of those publications you'll be kicking yourself over if you do not get in on it at the beginning.

Mike Squires
My New User status suggests that I've generally known when to keep my mouth shut.
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Just to echo everyone else's sentiments... Antinomy is great! It's the best looking periodical I've ever seen, and the magic has been top-notch as well. "Reflection" is definitely worth the price of the subscription.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
609 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
I have to add my voice to those that are singing the praises of Antinomy ...

Fantastic close-up magic with excellent photos in a format that is a step above what any other close-up magazine has offered ...

In addition to the great magic, I look forward each issue to the columns from John Racherbaumer and Jamy Ian Swiss ... two of magic's best writers are given the space and the freedom to cover some very interesting topics so far ...

Congratulations Gene on getting the first year under your belt ...

If you have not seen this publication, you are missing out on something very special ...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Does it have all those horrible advertisements in it like the other magazines?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Not one ad in the 200 oversized pages that made up Year One.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
magicbar1
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicbar1
Thanks for this fantastic publication