The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: History of Crystal effect (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
Years ago I read about an effect where a chosen card is mystically seen in a crystal ball by the spectator. I have no idea where I read it.

Any clues to the history of this effect and who invented it?

Any help is appreciated,

Sensei Strange
bkentner
View Profile
New user
Davenport, Nebraska
61 Posts

Profile of bkentner
I would say that is Bob McAllister's Molly McBubble. Hank Lee has them for $10. It is a good trick.
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
I don't think that is it. But it looks like one of the four effects you do with it might be similar. As I recall though, the book I read it in was an older one...like from the 1920s or something.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3875 Posts

Profile of Julie
I purchased this effect from Ireland's a long time ago. More recently, Mike Rogers sold a smaller one.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
You may be thinking of "Crystal-viso" by Dr. Jaks which is found in Annemann's Practical Mental magic.

I know that there's another similar effect using a smaller ball and cards for close-up but couldn't find it in my books.

Good luck,
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
852 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2005, SenseiStrange wrote:
Years ago I read about an effect where a chosen card is mystically seen in a crystal ball by the spectator. I have no idea where I read it.

Any clues to the history of this effect and who invented it?

Any help is appreciated,

Sensei Strange

The trick you saw it's the 5th trick in "Scarne on C Tricks", credited to Dunninger.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more