The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: My Side Of The Screen - by Steve Brooks :: A small introduction... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
In the early days of The Magic Café I participated on a daily basis. Sometimes I was answering a post or making a comment to a topic somebody else had started, but more often than not I was starting my own topics to help get a conversation going on the board. I know, hard to believe, but back then we only had like ten members, and so getting topics started was a real necessity - it is quite obvious that's hardly the case anymore! Smile

That said, my schedule now is pretty tight and I rarely have the opportunity to just relax and participate on my own website. When I say participate, I mean engage in small talk or start interesting topics of my own. My daily routine is filled with answering various emails and private messages, handling dozens of situations that occur from time to time between members, speaking with my staff or spending hours on the telephone consulting with various clients. These clients not only include other magicians who are working on their own projects and are seeking advice and input, but also the sponsors who help pay the bills for this mega site we all enjoy. Add to all this, the time that I spend arranging and shooting various DVD projects for The Magic Bakery, practicing and creating my own magic and then of course the amount of time that I spend with my family and friends, and you can see I pretty much have a full plate as it were.

So in that light, why start yet another project? That's a very good question, and one that I hope to answer as we travel together along this new highway I have initiated. I do not think there is really a simple answer here, but multiple reasons have prompted me into taking the time to engage in this new adventure. I say "adventure" because I have no idea where this will end up taking us.

I do know that this column (and that's really what it is) will allow me the opportunity to let you know a little more about me, my thoughts, ideas, philosophy and point of view on things. Every magazine has an editor's corner, and as readers we can get to know that person a little better when we read his/her thoughts each issue. When you think about it, The Magic Café is simply a magazine in cyberspace, yet no less important. Due to my hectic schedule, I can't promise that I will be posting here on a regular basis. Instead, I will endeavor to write as time permits, or when I have something that I feel may be of immediate interest.

Perhaps if you actually knew me, you might have a better insight as to why I do some of the things that happen here from day to day. It is my sincerest hope that through this column you will gain a better understanding as to why I think the way that I do. Knowing my ideas and philosophy will no doubt shed more light on why The Magic Café operates the way that it does. But then again, perhaps not. We shall see.
:smoke:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks