The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Recommendation for Patrick Page Secret Seminars (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
Hello. I recently purchased the sponge ball tape by Patrick Page. It is quite good. My question is this. What kind of review/opinion/recommendation can you give for any of his other Seminars? I would be particularly interested in what you guys think of the Thumb Tip dvd and the Rope and Paper (2 in 1 dvd) dvd. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
"Go Browns!"
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
I also have the Patrick Page video on "spong balls" and thought it was an extremely valuable resource. It is my favorite sponge ball video. I also own "25 tricks with Sponge Balls" and Brad Burt's video on sponge magic.

Regarding the other videos, I have Patrick Page's "Thumb Tip" and "Childrens Show Funny Business" videos. I thought the Thumb Tip video was very good as well but there was much more to learn, for me, from the sponge ball video. In particular, of the three videos from Patrick I have mentioned the Sponge Ball was by far the best.

Overall, I guess it really all depends on how much you can purchase for the videos. I believe "The 25 tricks with ..." vidoes each sell for around $12. If the Patrick Page videos can be purchased for a similar amount then it may be worth the investment.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Even I have the Sponge ball routine and it is worth buying, it does feature something new.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Hi, I was very interested by a move in the routine COINS COINS COINS (p137), and would like to know if this move ever appeared in video (performance)?
Briefly described: magi drape a silk hank on his LH palm and displays 4 coins on top, RH points to the said coins, LH revolves palm down over the coins (a click sound is heard) as RH drops to the side. Coins in LH are revealed to be vanished
thanks
VG
Vatova
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Vatova
The DVDs here are cheap and worth getting the complete set inho
MikeLarkin
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of MikeLarkin
They are some of the best DVDs you can get. Buy them through his family’s website to support their work. You are talking about one of the most influential magicians of the last century.

https://patrickpagemagic.co.uk/product-category/dvd/
Darek
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Darek
I have been trying to Patrick Page videos, thank you for pointing out where they can be bought
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I have found that anything by Patrick Page, on video or in writing is worth having. His book, 'Magic Page by Page' is a great compilation of some of his best work. Available from : https://patrickpagemagic.co.uk/product/m......elivery/
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2023, DrVG wrote:
Hi, I was very interested by a move in the routine COINS COINS COINS (p137), and would like to know if this move ever appeared in video (performance)?
Briefly described: magi drape a silk hank on his LH palm and displays 4 coins on top, RH points to the said coins, LH revolves palm down over the coins (a click sound is heard) as RH drops to the side. Coins in LH are revealed to be vanished
thanks
VG

the search is still on Smile