The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Betchas :: Bar Gags, Betchas, and Humor Adult Oriented Tricks (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
"Ain't That a Peach?" by Armand T Ringer has some interesting bar bets and gags that are unusual. The book is O/P, but H&R might have a few copies left...
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I would 2nd the mindbogglers by Dan Harlan.SInt he sitting in a bar doing tricks and gas on the 1st vol.Been a while sence I watched. Need to get it out agian. I used a few of the bar bets in there to get free drinks when I go to the bar.Tryed the money counting thing to swindle casher out of ten bucks jus tto see if it worked and didn't.
Shawn D
Nickelby
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Nickelby
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Pinchy Winchy is one of my favorites. It is like the quarter trick but you use a burnt cork in your pocket and you apply the soot to their face with you finger. It is best told about in "Harpo Speaks" Harpo used to do it at parties.

I did it in the crew bar on a ship once. The next time I went back the victims I had were doing it on others and it had became the rage in the bar.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
998 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Quote:
On 2006-02-09 11:30, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
"Ain't That a Peach?" by Armand T Ringer has some interesting bar bets and gags that are unusual. The book is O/P, but H&R might have a few copies left...

Is Armand T Ringer an anagram of the author's real name?
jonzola
View Profile
New user
canada
42 Posts

Profile of jonzola
There is an old bar bet about dropping a paper matchstick and having it land on its edge.

Find your sucker and explain that paper matches have 2 sides, and if you were to drop the match...about 50 percent of the time it would come up the dark side ...50 percent the light side.

Tell them that when you drop it, you can have it land on it's edge everytime.

If they belive you or they don't offer to demonstrate.

Fold the match in half so it is in the shape of a "V".

It will allways land on its edge...and you both share a good laugh.

Now ask for a coin, the more value the better it is......for you. Here in Canada we have a two dollar coin so that's perfect.

Tell them that you will bet them thier coin, that you can drop it and have it land on its edge everytime.

If you can't, you will give them the same amount from your money.

Tell them that if you can drop it and have it land on its edge every time...you win thier money but, they will walk away with the knowledge on how to get free money for the rest of thier lives.

Once they agree you pull out the sheet of paper on which you have previously written the words "ON IT"S EDGE EVERYTIME".

Place the paper on the table and drop the coin on it...there it landed on its edge every time.

I include this in my restaurant work and can pull an extra 20 bucks a night from it. Ifyou explain that they will learn how to win money themselves. They will have little trouble forking over the bet.

This one gets a lot of groans, but it makes me giggle.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2006-03-27 06:23, jonzola wrote:
I include this in my restaurant work and can pull an extra 20 bucks a night from it. Ifyou explain that they will learn how to win money themselves. They will have little trouble forking over the bet.

Whoa, you use a sucker bet to swindle your audience out of some of their money, and you still have a job? Does this sound odd to anyone else?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
zmg013
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of zmg013
I'll bet you for every push-up you do I can do 3.
Secret: no matter how many your subject does, you only do 3 push ups. You said for every push up, not each push up.
you have to be able to do 3 push ups. I have done very well with this one
magidave
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
71 Posts

Profile of magidave
Stand the volunteer on a chair. Stand a good distance away. The challenge is this "Before I count to three, you'll be off the chair and on the floor." Start counting ... one ... two ... and then turn and calmly leave the room.
Dave Arch
http://OmahaMagician.com
Lybrary Author Page: https://bit.ly/2ow1Onb
shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
I mention that in high school, I held the record for sit-ups for 2 years. And after all these years, I can still do between 3 and 4 hundred sit-ups in 2 to 3 minutes.
Take the bet and then make a big build up of someone holding your feet, etc.
Then in 3 minutes do your 4 sit-ups. Which is between 3 .... And 4 hundred.
I have won more than a few $5.00 bets.
Shooz
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
magidave
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
71 Posts

Profile of magidave
Shooz - How classy. That's my kind of bar bet. Thanks for sharing.
Dave Arch
shooz
View Profile
Loyal user
Mercer, PA
269 Posts

Profile of shooz
Dave,
Glad you liked it.
Just wait or get them talking about exercise, the old days, etc. and play it straight. I'll just mention my record and sit back and wait. Sooner or later someone questions me and then many times they challenge me! Then the bet is on.
Shooz
With you in thought(s)

Scott Shoemaker... Shooz
magidave
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
71 Posts

Profile of magidave
Thanks for the handling tips. I like it a lot. It's pretty sophisticated. Dave
Dave Arch
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
Good one Dave. Shooz hope you can handle your dukes as you are cruzing but that is pretty good as well.

Not a typical bar betcha but a good something to have in your quiver for the bar is a floating wine glass --- if the stars line up you can be a magic god Losander sells a killer one.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2012, zmg013 wrote:
I'll bet you for every push-up you do I can do 3.
Secret: no matter how many your subject does, you only do 3 push ups. You said for every push up, not each push up.
you have to be able to do 3 push ups. I have done very well with this one

Dang it, I can only do one!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2005, Stanyon wrote:
"Bar Crab", "Bar Towel Chicken", "Smoke and Fire"!

Cheers! Smile

anyone have information on these ... I think I found the chicken?