The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Paddle effects (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TonyKo
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
68 Posts

Profile of TonyKo
Check out the Amazing Jumping Arrow. I like it alot. Very convenient, there's no reset, no moving parts and a lot of surprises.

Tony
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Amazing Jumping Arrow is one of the best paddle tricks you can buy, and the pait will not fade off like the porper paddles...........
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Just my 2 cwents, I use a homemade routine similar to jumping arrow, which I bought a while back, I made a black stick I call a super wand, that isn't ready for performance till you "load it" that cause the white tips to appear,after all you wouldn't leave a loaded gun around and a wand is muchmore powerful,,, well the routine mostly follows the jumping arrow with me putting the wand on safety mode to demonstrate how that works(safety mode is with the white tip in the middle on one side ..etc,
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
Valid question, but you might consider starting a new thread. There's an area for questions just like this.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1999 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Short Answer: Print and sell away.

Quote:
On Mar 29, 2024, hawkbird wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2005, Bill Palmer wrote:
One thing that many people on the forum do not know is that I collect paddles.

The Porper paddles, especially the jumping peg, are really classic. Does anyone have any idea what the first trick with a paddle shaped object was?

I'll make a post in the historical section about it.

I have to agree that "I'll Start Again" is a classic. So is the "Traffic Lite" effect that Ian Adair basically invented and Marcello Contento rendered into plastic.

Eddy Taytelbaum's double jumping peg is excellent.

John Kennedy's Dream Paddle is good.

And the Mark Teufel paddles are simply devilish.

Hey Bill, I noticed you on magic cafe years ago and always appreciate your input on this board! I don’t know if you can or would take the time to answer my question or just give me your opinion concerning the paddle trick Which I love too!
I recently created a 3-d paddle trick with no knowledge of anyone else’s idea! Or routines! That I sell on eBay! But it turns out that a magician came up with a routine that involves the prop that is easily made by transforming an object that you can buy everywhere! He doesn’t make the prop I make! just sells the routine on a magic site!
I was contacted by another magician who told me to stop selling this paddle trick I created on my 3-d printer! Because I was stealing his routine! I don’t even include a routine with my order! Just the prop!
Do you think I should stop selling these! Everyone loves them that buys one!
I don’t want to feel I’m stealing from anyone! And I didn’t! Hopefully those that don’t have access to materials to make one would consider mine since it lasts forever! He doesn’t even sell the paddle itself! Just the routine! Do you think I should stop selling them or that I should ask his permission to make these and sell them? I don’t think I’m being unethical continuing selling these! I never heard of this magician before I was contacted by another magician who was really upset! And accused me of stealing! I just wanna do the right thing! But I don’t like bullies! eBay said I had nothing to worry about!
Your advice would be greatly appreciated! I
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Pizza Paddle Supreme is really good. Kids love it and the adults standing around acting like they are not paying attention love it as well!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
I think my first paddle trick might have been a swizzle stick! If the discussion is strictly paddles, I do have a fondness for the jumping gems - my set is almost 55 years old. But, if we are talking about tricks applying the method (I think of them all as paddle tricks at the root), then my favorite would be the Color Changing Knives. I also like some of the ideas that can be done with an ordinary table knife - Malini had some great ideas along these lines, as did many others.

Knives come in all shapes and sizes. I'm partial to the Roger Lovins Knives. He has made them in two sizes - advantages for each. Pop Hayden, who has one of the best knife routines (The Intricate Web of Deception), explained to me that he prefers sets the size of Porper's (more exceedingly excellent knives!), because he includes a beautiful vanish at the climax, so the knives must be fully concealable in one's hand - something to consider.

And finally, I truly love David Regal's knife set. It has a nice "Regal twist" as a kicker - well worth checking out.

The late Dan Garret had a lovely routine also, worth a study.
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com