The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Prince - no, there are multiple input methods that this effect uses. I've even mentioned earlier that your phone need not be in play.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Marc are there any input methods where you don't use a confederate and your phone is also not in play ?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2071 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, Tarik Flash wrote:
Marc are there any input methods where you don't use a confederate and your phone is also not in play ?

Yes
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2885 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, magicmarcuk wrote:
Greg and I had a little chat about this today. Supa Thump is indeed capable of achieving a version of this effect as well as others, although for a YouTube or Spotify song prediction, ST does lack some of the subtleties and various accomplice-free input methods that Earworm offers.

Credit of course goes to Greg who was the first on the market with a sender/receiver accomplice based input method. His Supa Thump is a great app which I continue to wholeheartedly recommend - it is full of great features and effects, and whilst not completely optimised for the effect possible with Earworm, it certainly is capable of a version of it.

As Daniel says, Earworm is designed solely with a song prediction effect in mind, and is much more focused on achieving this particular goal.

I'm happy that Earworm, Supa Thump and other great apps can harmoniously co-exist on the App Store and my thanks go to Greg for a graceful resolution.

As Marc has already stated, he and I Skyped for over an hour.
Since we both LOVE magic and technology we immediately bonded.

I don't have any ill will for my fellow app developers and I don't want City Prediction, Magic WebFX or Earworm to be taken off the market.
What I want is for these developers to acknowledge that Supa Thump has been doing this sort of effect long before the release of these apps.

I have tremendous respect for the ingenuity and cleverness that has gone into these three apps. Marc demonstrated some of his amazing attention to detail in the design of Earworm.

As Marc has already stated, if you perform with an accomplice, then Supa Thump can be used to perform the above three effects.
If you perform without an accomplice, Supa Thump gives you a way of covertly inputing one of nine variables from your device in your pocket.

As an added bonus, if you perform Supa Thump for a web page/google search prediction, there is absolutely NO evidence of any foul play on the spectator's device.
The URL that you enter into the spectator's device simply DISAPPEARS!!
You can perform Supa Thump for the smartest web developer in the world and you would FRY them!!

The above feature is THE MOST important reason why some of the top pros in magic perform Supa Thump for an audience FILLED with computer geeks and fool the crap out of them.

As a final note, I'm glad that these products are priced out of the reach of the curious.
The ability to remotely CHANGE a spectators device is VERY powerful and all of us should do everything in our power to keep this secret for as long as we can.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:

Yes

Thank you 😃
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Purchased. My initial response is one of disappointment. I find the input methods to be unrealistic. The individual methods either need to be in a completely silent atmosphere, and you carefully choose your words (I imagine there is a MAJOR reliability issue here), or you bring your phone into play in an extremely non-justifiable manner that draws the spectator's attention to the method.

Confederate mode seems great, but I have no friends. Wish that the app store listing and the APPSolutely thread would have been more forthcoming about the elements in play.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I take it back. It doesn't even work!!!!! AVOID THIS
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:

Yes

I would disagree with this statement, even if the app were working.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Robvs:

I provide around 4 different input methods for you to use. Apologies that you have complaints about each - if you can think of a better one suited to an unlimited choice of song, please do tell me and I'll happily consider adding it.

Note that the words you say in the presentation for the input method you refer to are fully customisable. So the amount of care you put in to choosing your words is up to you, not me.

Regarding "It doesn't even work", perhaps let me know privately what's not working for you and I'll investigate it, rather than ambiguously (and publicly) claim it doesn't work.

And sadly I can't do much to fix your lack of friends.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I think publicly revealing that the effect simply doesn't work is absolutely important as it is a possible decision maker in making what some may consider a poor purchase decision. I will post details in the other thread for this product.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1555 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Robvs wrote:
I think publicly revealing that the effect simply doesn't work is absolutely important as it is a possible decision maker in making what some may consider a poor purchase decision. I will post details in the other thread for this product.

I have no idea what this fellow is talking about unless he is just trying to inhibit sales for some unknown reason. I have this app. I have used th app and get responses like "wow. Can you do that faith me?" from others in the crowd!

This is an excellent app and more than worth the low cost!

Preston
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Robvs, I don't know what you're doing wrong, but it's worked perfectly for me every single time.
It's all in the reflexes.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2071 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Yeah, not sure why you're saying it "doesn't work" when a lot of us are having success with it. Marc has been very helpful in trying to resolve any issues people are having.

I have used it a few times so far and have had great results.

One of the input methods isn't working 100% reliably, but that appears to be an issue with the latest release of iOS by Apple, not the app, and looks like it will be resolved in the next iOS update.

The only issue is quite often the YouTube video will have an ad running ahead of it.... but on Spotify that's not a concern
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
So just to be clear this will not work in iOS 7 on an iphone 4 right?
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4824 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, TheDirectionalist wrote:
So just to be clear this will not work in iOS 7 on an iphone 4 right?

It will need ios 8.2 I beleive?.
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, doriancaudal wrote:
And what about Windows phone ? And Android ?

Yes what is going on and iPhone is having the biggest share of high caliber apps in magic and mentalism.
I feel second class citizen with my android device....
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
All - Earworm 1.0.2 is out for all users which fixes a couple of bugs with a couple of the input methods.
If you own the app, the Facebook group may be helpful to join here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1582236272018582/
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Sensio wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, doriancaudal wrote:
And what about Windows phone ? And Android ?

Yes what is going on and iPhone is having the biggest share of high caliber apps in magic and mentalism.
I feel second class citizen with my android device....

There's a simple solution to this. Buy an iPhone.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I think this is brilliant. Works perfectly for me and has got good reactions.
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
No idea what Robvs is on about. I have been using earworm and have not experienced any problems at all!