The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thank you, so much... (537 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..12..17..22..27..32..33~34~35 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks so much, Ray... Smile And like the free giveaway above mentioned here, I've gotten a load of PMs again as to this. Smile

It's just a little thing, but cleverly pulls the wool even further over their eyes when using JW. Smile I've never seen this little piece of subterfuge used quite like this before as to this move, but perhaps those that know more than I, might know better...I'm a listening??? 👂🏼

Just the same, thanks for all the interest about this and the giveaway. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And Mark, I have actually played with a lot of magic, all sorts of coin magic from the classics to quickie-trickys, and I love it all. But the stuff I love the most are the things I came to learn how to create from what I learned on my journey. I have had some prolific moments of creativity and I'm thankful as I found a few nice things digging in those mines. 😁

You mentioned "3 Fly" as to a coin trick you like and it has been a popular effect for many years now, lots of takes on it and I've had a few down that street myself, but my favorite one is something I sorta simplified of it all, and it goes a little something like this...and a 1 - and a 2 - and a 3... 😉

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
OK, I just got through "again" clearing out my PMs as to the FREE give-away...So, let her rip! Smile

So happy people are finding it worthwhile...Always nice to share, and I do appreciate the many suggestions from your own journeys as everyone's magical path is special. Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just playing around here for'ya... 🙃

This little take is what I often do when I just want to POP! their eyes out on the spot. Not much of any of the usual back & forth, just BANG! 😁

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2020, pabloinus wrote:
I took advantage of Marion's free give away. It is an essay and recommendation on "less is more" where he presented 5 tricks with coins, cards, close up, etc. that if you use them, you can have an act in a pocket.
I recommend to reach up to Marion and ask for a copy, very generous.

Thanks Marion

😉

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, I never get tired of this trick. It’s something I learned long ago and it inspired me to learn & create all that I have along my journey. It’s still one of the very best coin tricks ever, no matter how you choose to present it.

I’m glad I still do it for people everywhere I go. It truly never gets old and guarantees instant amazement and very big smiles. 😁

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I have to admit that I was expecting some finger-flicking good magic in Marion's "give away", but...

It was refreshing to hear him talk about his current thinking on the practice of magic. Borrowing some his own words, he found that by delivering "less", he delivered "more". By focusing on a few/simpler things, I believe that it builds an appreciation for the good magic that is already out there (and it can save a lot of money by doing so).

It's a perspective that, like he mentions, I was slow at getting around to. (the quote that comes to mind is "You already have too much magic" Vernon?). And boy oh boy, couldn't that saved me a lot of money over the years. Ahhh, but that lesson of "less" is a hard one, and will require more effort Smile

So thanks Marion, I enjoyed it... and here's to "more" such contemplations.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
Just picked up Double Trouble. Love this little effect. Gaff free A+ routine.

Thanks MB
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey , thanks John. I truly appreciate the kind words and so happy that you like the work FREE give-away. I have received a lot of enthusiasm as to it and the magical guidance & encouragement it offers. Thank you, again. Smile

*Oh, and the offer still stands...Just PM me. Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And Rich, my thinking always starts like that, with one idea eventually flowing into another idea, where usually a move (or moves) evolves into an effect and or routine...Here's an example of something I was playing with quite a while back...

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2020, Mb217 wrote:
And...

I’ve posted quite few of my effects in this string, probably none of which you’ll find in any book, which is why you need to look a bit further than that a lot of times, if for nothing else but to maybe find what you don’t quite expect, from someone or someplace you ordinarily wouldn’t expect it from. 😉
Man, what a journey! 🙏🏼😊

And John Jerde, thank you for the kind words and giving my Double Trouble a whirl....It’s a really fun set alright. Hope you enjoy it. 😁👍🏽

And paulieboy, as to my Copper Silver INC. again here...I’m glad you appreciate the smoothness of the effect, honestly it all comes with practice, as does all good things in time. 😊

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Talk about going from here to there...Man, here's a blast from the past from my Short Pockets, still one of the best magical things I ever put together, and that's why I continue to make it available on my website. Smile

And believe it or not, along the journey, one rock gets placed upon another one and you eventually come to create even more, like this little piece eventually went into my Copper Silver INC, long ways down the road... Smile Man, what a journey.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Didn't think anyone remembered this one until someone posted me about it. That people are still doing this, well, WOW!!! Smile

It's another fun one from the journey, and I have made it available again at my website for all those that continue to pass my way. Smile

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3556 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2020, Mb217 wrote:
Didn't think anyone remembered this one until someone posted me about it. That people are still doing this, well, WOW!!! Smile

It's another fun one from the journey, and I have made it available again at my website for all those that continue to pass my way. Smile

Smile Smile Smile
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1173 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Mb(!),...ha!..!
Great seeing you get some of the spot-light!
Even GREATER(!),...seeing you play with the silver!

Ahhhhhh,....
smooth, smooth, smooth.
....and,
every thing has purpose. (😉)
.....that's a secret.

......actually(!),
I HAVEN'T read all four pages yet(!..!)!
But, seeing the Thread,
made my smile from ear to ear(!),..
I had to blabber first!

Now,
I'm going to get to reading. 🤓
Thanks for....the passion,...in sharing.
Gallagher
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Appreciate all the applause here, thanks guys. I just wanted to show some of the stuff on how I got from here to there. It wasn't always topflite stuff, but more like moving one step at a time. Most of these things just kept growing and grew into other, bigger works as I continued to figure things out and then add what I had learned along the way. This is one of those things, it was first in my Short Pockets download, but I kept playing with it, different ways of doing it and brought it out on its own and included the old and newer ways to do it...It's still fun to do after all these years... Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, you guys are just too kind, appreciate all the continuing interest in my work and all the PMs with questions about this one. Most everything is on my website below, but this one was made of a couple of things along my way, even found an original move that was deceptively added to the set. Smile

Anyway, this is one of my favorite tricks still to this day, and my addition of an impossible change really made it a real presentation piece for me. Smile The MB Transpo part here was something I came up with and continued to develop from a while back in my Short Pockets, but in eventually adding this final piece to it, I better completed it, giving it an even more remarkably magical ending. Smile

Also, I usually never do the trick sitting down (just for the camera here) but always standing and moving about, which I can then do a bit more differently and effectively as I better engage the specs before blowing their minds. Smile

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10000 Posts

Profile of funsway
Nice, of course - and do I detect a transformation into slimmer you?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1173 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Copasetic man,....Copasetic! 😊
(Uncle Bill would be proud!)

It DON'T get better then that. 🙃

Marion, I checked out your 'Gumroad Site'(!).
Nice.
Well organized.
Fun to look thru.

I've learned, from watching you,
thru the years;
some Magic is just sööö good(!),
watching it(!..!)...!,
in itself,....is the satisfaction.

Have a good day,
gallagher
Rizzo
View Profile