The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Greg and I had a little chat about this today. Supa Thump is indeed capable of achieving a version of this effect as well as others, although for a YouTube or Spotify song prediction, ST does lack some of the subtleties and various accomplice-free input methods that Earworm offers.

Credit of course goes to Greg who was the first on the market with a sender/receiver accomplice based input method. His Supa Thump is a great app which I continue to wholeheartedly recommend - it is full of great features and effects, and whilst not completely optimised for the effect possible with Earworm, it certainly is capable of a version of it.

As Daniel says, Earworm is designed solely with a song prediction effect in mind, and is much more focused on achieving this particular goal.

I'm happy that Earworm, Supa Thump and other great apps can harmoniously co-exist on the App Store and my thanks go to Greg for a graceful resolution.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, Damian Surr wrote:
As someone who has 2 apps in the App Store myself, I wish I had thought of this one!

It's bloody brilliant!!

If you like the description of the effect, buy it. You will not be disappointed by the level of thought that has gone into this app. And unlike some apps that are so complicated that they just sit on my phone unused, I was up and running with this in a few minutes.

I'm not assosiated with the app at all, and I've only met Marc a couple of times. This is simply a 'credit where credit is due' post.

Cheers,
Damian

Thank you so much, Damian. Very very kind.
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of Amrit
I decided last night to finally take the plunge with this and give it a try - I very rarely buy apps especially those for Iphone (I'm an Android person and am getting a new Android phone in a week or two) but this was too good to resist and I am happy to say from what I saw/read after purchasing this in terms of the methods available - really, REALLY impressed!

The fact you have so many ways to be able to go about achieving the desired effect means it leaves you open to customise to your hearts content and if one method doesn't work for you, you can use a different one. I would say best thing to do is experiment with all the options available and try have a couple available to you so as to be able to perform in a variety of environments. This would actually work seamlessly with a different affect I do using an Iphone (appeared on Mentally Exposed by Romanos).

However, I will say that I was unable to test the app out because there was a problem with being able to log in. Have been getting an error code message and I have a feeling I may (sort of) know why which is actually (probably) my own fault and not a fault in the app itself. I e-mailed the address given in the app and will also PM Marc on here and hopefully once resolved I will be able to give this a try at some point tonight when I go out. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well, congratulations. You may get it working just before your next Android phone purchase. What a brilliant idea of yours to buy this app. Smile
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of Amrit
I use two numbers Pegasus. I was using an Iphone (business) and an Android phone (personal). Had some bad luck with my android phone so instead of buying a new phone I decided to wait until the new model comes out so I can upgrade and in the meantime had popped my personal SIM into the Iphone.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Bought this morning and am really impressed with how it works.
Looking forward to trying this out today.
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of smacks183
I own an Android, but my wife owns an iphone. If I download this app on her phone, could she be my confederate from a distance? In other words, if I relay the spectator's song choice to my wife (possibly by leaving my phone on speaker so she can hear the selection), can my wife then do the work from her iphone from wherever she is?
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Still would really love to see a FULL vid performance of this to see how it plays...
Anyone Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2207 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, smacks183 wrote:
I own an Android, but my wife owns an iphone. If I download this app on her phone, could she be my confederate from a distance? In other words, if I relay the spectator's song choice to my wife (possibly by leaving my phone on speaker so she can hear the selection), can my wife then do the work from her iphone from wherever she is?

You don't need to download the app on you confederate's phone.
This is a great idea and will play very strong. Smile
Can't wait to try later

Troy used this recently on his E4 show (might not be this method but effect is the same)
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
No Android version?!? Too bad you ignore half the market...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, DynaMix wrote:
Believe me Mark (and Myke IMO) have put more thought than ANYONE into creative deceptive, efficient, frankly groundbreaking input methods. The sheer ingenuity is something I think is worth supporting.

That's true and I just want to add Max Krauses name into the mix. The stuff he did was revolutionary at the time.
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
362 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
Ok I've done this a dozen times in the last week and it's become my favourite routine to destroy minds. Incredible reactions, it's so fair looking and nobody suspects a tech method. If you are on the fence about this I can't recommend it highly enough, you'll have fun performing it and specs love it.
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Managed to get this working in the end by simply deleting the app from my phone and then re-installing. Works a charm and does exactly as its been described - cannot wait until I get to try this out tonight. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
PM'ed you Marc.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Replied!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thanks Marc. Very, very ingenious method. This will stun your audience.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Thanks Marc. Very, very ingenious method. This will stun your audience.

Thank you!

A note to everyone:

I've set up a Facebook group for Earworm users to discuss uses, features and requests with the app.
Join it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1582236272018582/
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Do most of you use a confederate with this or do you get the spec to tap song into your notes to do the work ? Would like to know how much weaker this is if you do not want to use a helper ? Cheers for any help Smile Looks great by the way !
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Never would use a confederate myself. The notes app will fry anyone. They won't have a clue due to its workings.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Oh ok, so based on the comments here this is how it goes... You go onto their phone and make prediction on their YouTube app - they take your phone or you take yours and input their song into your notes app (incase they change their mind etc etc) the chosen song is now on their phone on the YouTube app - yes?