The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Matthew Wright. 'The Unusual Suspect' dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
On the effect Mental Mullica can you use a ro#gh & smo**h deck rather than the Eugene Burger deck? Rou**ing fl*id vs *ax. People who know the trick will know what the hell I'm talking about.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hmm I'm more curious about the Wallet that must be used, I have a No Palm Jacket Mullica but since I rarely wear a coat I also have my everyday Real Mans Wallet. Can I use it?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I'd say you don't have to use the Eugene Burger 'Thought Sender' type deck but I think it works best and Matthew does use a real mans
wallet and a Mullica wallet for different routines.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Markymark
But....for 'Mental Mullica' you will need a Mullica!
Just watched the dvd again recently.
It's so good to hear an English magician not keep saying 'Fantastic' all the time.
A card gets signed...fantastic..the card goes back...fantastic...
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Anyone know where to get the gum on the trick 'mint' in the U.K? Tryed lots of shops but no joy.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I think I heard Matthew mention ebay....
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
Yup. Loads of the mint packs on ebay

Fantastic!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
My copy of dvd is in the mail, what mints? I wanna get them ahead of time so I can practice that night.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
Look for Listerine Cool Mint Pocketpack Breath strips.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Trying to tell me something Martino? LOL joking, thanks alot.. eager for this dvd.
Dr Eschaton
View Profile
New user
U.K.
14 Posts

Profile of Dr Eschaton
This DVD is fantastic!
In my opinion, it's content is rich and the teaching is first class.
Calzaghe's Opener is really inspiring me at the moment.
Packed full of tips and tricks it's great value for money and an entertaining watch.

All the best,

Colin
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I must admit, I am enjoying the effects on this DVD.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have the Mullica wallet but I guess mine is a bit longer and tougher leather having a bit of an issue getting the second wallet out smoothly.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I really like this DVD

I particularly like the mint routine. However, I have this thing about the mint strips, they just seem creepy and not so hygienic. So, I have a similar routine with a box of tic tacs instead. I use a wrist rattler.

I seem to recall someone put out a wrist rattle that can be turned on and off, that might be nice.
Also, I'm thinking about incorporating Fob.

Thoughts?

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, the wrist rattle and tic tac box switch adds an interesting element as the tic tacs dissapear from the box at the very time the card appears in the box. I changed the routine a bit to take advantage of this subtle addition. I also use the rattle to mask any noise made during the switch.

KJ.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Got this out and watched it again last night. I forgot how good it was. Wright is so full of energy on this, and the presentations are engaging and fun. He seems to have no fear, as he easily pulls off what some might consider risky moves and difficult sleights without any apparent effort. Obviously he's put in a ton of time honing his craft. Whether you learn any of the routines or not, it's a lot of fun and quite inspirational watching him at work with live audiences.

IMO, it would be very worthwhile if he put out some of this material again, with maybe one or two tricks per DVD, so he could go into more detail with the explanations. Not that the ones on the Unusual Suspect are incomplete, but due to time limitations, there were several areas that left me wanting more detail and depth, ideas for "outs," different camera angles (or in the case of the Final Destination explanation, better lighting), tips on practicing certain sleights, and maybe some written text and illustrations in pdf to accompany the video instruction. Again, this is a great DVD, but I think the quality of the material justifies revisiting it with additional details, sort of like Doc Eason has recently done with his Card Under Glass double DVD set.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.