The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..38..46..54..62..70..71~72~73 [Next]
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much for the sentiment Chet and Sven.

There is, of course, no need to re-buy the book.

I was just sort-of wondering out loud about the recent drop in sales.

I suspect it is due to one of two things (or, maybe a combination of the two):

1. Possibly, most people in the community have already acquired the book. I know it must be a small market, and, personally, I can only think of about five mentalists who don’t have Switchcraft yet. I wonder just how many mentalists and serious mentalism hobbyists there are in the world?

2. The instability of the economy might also be having an effect. I know that I, personally, used to buy anything and everything to do with mentalism. Nowadays, I have cut back tremendously. No doubt, many others are doing the same. I’d bet that, except for new releases, mentalism product sales are down across the board.

Still, there is usually a short sales boost accompanying the release of each supplement, as they generate good PR and recommendations from satisfied purchasers to friends. It’s good motivation to complete the next one faster Smile

Thanks again,

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2009-05-18 22:51, ElliottB wrote:
I just received another contribution for the supplements. It is really, really good, and from one of the top names in billet work.

Elliott

I gave this contribution some test runs today. To say they went well would be the understatement of the century. This is gonna be great.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Switchcraft is the equivalent of helping a pretty lady with her shopping once, only to be told by her that she will "visit you at night, whenever you want, for as long as you need"...

that, ladies and gents is easily the worst analogy you'll ever read...

but I do think, that if anyone reading this hasn't yet bought this book (well, now encyclopedia really) is really missing out...and for the price...by annemann's switchy fingers - it's pretty much the best investment in mentalism...pound for pound, dollar for dollar...
I've asked to be banned
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Quote:
On 2009-05-24 16:47, ElliottB wrote:
I gave this contribution some test runs today. To say they went well would be the understatement of the century. This is gonna be great.

Now you've got me looking forward!
Iain, you've just given me nightmares as I pictured a frail old lady at the start of your analogy (somehow completely missed the 'pretty' bit) Smile
rickreation
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of rickreation
Quote:
On 2009-05-24 18:28, Paul Spaniels wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-24 16:47, ElliottB wrote:

Now you've got me looking forward!
Iain, you've just given me nightmares as I pictured a frail old lady at the start of your analogy (somehow completely missed the 'pretty' bit) Smile

Haha, I did the EXACT same thing.

Elliot, this sounds great.

That being said, if you haven't bought Switchcraft by now, shame on you. This is a gold mine, and Elliot is one of the most generous creators in the world of mentalism. $20 is a joke, it should sell for hundreds.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Iain, Paul and rickreation.
Paul, you won't be disappointed with the routine. I performed it a few more times today. It's so powerful and so easy, that I am certain that most will immediately add it to their repertoires. It may become a classic.

Elliott
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Elliott -

Ok I finally broke down and put my money where my mouth is. I have your book cued up for reading this week with many questions to follow. Can't wait to see the videos either.

Looking forward to learning.

Tim
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Quote:
Thank you so much, Iain, Paul and rickreation.
Paul, you won't be disappointed with the routine. I performed it a few more times today. It's so powerful and so easy, that I am certain that most will immediately add it to their repertoires. It may become a classic.

Elliott

Elliot this sounds awesome!
Who needs Christmas any more when you've got Switchcraft lol!
Seriously, I'm really excited and intrigued about this.
Thank you buddy, can't wait.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Paul Spaniels is a funny name. It sounds like Paul Daniels.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Elliott -

Any idea when this new supplement will be ready? I only have 344 pages to go on the first Switchcraft book and all the supplements so I need something to do this weekend ;-)

Tim
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks, Paul. It is awesome. I'm working extra hard on the forthcoming supplement, because I want to do the material justice. The particular combination of "easy" and "powerful" is hard to beat. Once it gets released, everyone will be performing the material within...which isn't necessarily a good thing, but you can't have your cake and eat it too...unless you get two slices or have some sort of eating disorder, but I digress.

Tim, I am glad you bought the book. The twelfth supplement will not be ready this weekend(although, I realize you were just joking.) I haven't even worked out how I plan to distribute it. I'm probably going to use one of those sites that were recommended last time.

Thanks again,

Elliott
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Elliott-

Forgive me for being late to the party but what issues are you having with distribution? Feel free to shoot me a PM, maybe I can recommend some stuff to help you out since I won't have anything else to do this weekend ;-)

Seriously, let me know.

Tim
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I was away for a few days, and just got back. The distribution issue was a result of the way I've been sending out the ebooks. I've been using my gmail account, which limits the number of emails you can send in a day. The result was that I ended up sending the last supplement over several days. It's not the end of the world, but I was looking into alternative means of distribution.

Elliott
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5484 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Elliot,
As a web master and lecture coordinator for an IBM ring, I send a number of "mass mailings." My service provider cut me off, thinking that I might be a spammer. All it took was a phone call to explain what I was doing and the service provider increased my mailing capacity. I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of gmail, but perhaps they would do the same for you.

Incidentally, I can't imagine anyone reading this thread not already being a purchaser. I would recommend a new topic on "latest and greatest" each time a new supplement is released. You can provide a link to this thread in each of the new topic posts to provide testimonial on how much we (your customers) love your product.

My two cents...

Best regards,
Evan
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, Evan.

I checked the Gmail site. They had common questions and answers. Based on the answers, it did not look like they would raise the sending limit. I'm sure it won't be tough for me to find another viable option.

Your "latest and greatest" idea sounds like a good way for me to sell more books, as it will make a new market aware of the product. I believe that it would be against Café policy for me to announce each new supplement in a new thread, and also provide a purchase link. I am very careful about adhering to the board's rules. That is why the original Switchcraft was unknown on the Café until, the month following release, someone on this board purchased it and posted their positive feedback. That said, there are no Café rules to prevent satisfied customers from creating as many Switchcraft threads in as many locations as they please. I strongly encourage all of you to do so Smile

Thanks again,

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I just shot a short video for the new supplement. Logistically, it was an interesting experience, but it manages to convey the point I wished to demonstrate...
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Elliott-

Stop teasing us man, when are we going to get our hands on it?

Hope all is well.

Tim
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Well, it's a PDF so unless we print it, we WON'T get our hands on it...

*jeep!
--Virtual Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Good point, Chet.

Tim, it's taking me a little longer than usual because I don't have much free time these days, and I want to make sure I do the material justice. I also need to revisit some of the old supplements and edit certain comments that are no longer applicable.

That said, I cannot imagine that it will not be out by the end of the month, probably earlier.

Thanks again,

Elliott
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

(gun hammer unclicking)

Whheeeewwwwww. Ok Elliott, I guess I can wait.