The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (225 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24~25~26~27 [Next]
Scott Bert
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Scott Bert
Tracking shows my Deluxe set was delivered to Ohio but I live in Michigan. Took 7 days to get an email response after sending 4 different messages.
natsuy
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of natsuy
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, Scott Bert wrote:
Tracking shows my Deluxe set was delivered to Ohio but I live in Michigan. Took 7 days to get an email response after sending 4 different messages.

Oh! then big chance that I will get a reply from them after 7 days
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MagicRichyRich
I just got a reply from HC regarding the "tape" incident...He suggests Blu Tac as well. If that doesn't work maybe a stronger magnet.

Best,
The Magic Corner
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
495 Posts

Profile of geggy
So sorry for all who are having a nightmare with receiving their Keys.

Read on Facebook a couple of days ago someone had ordered the deluxe version
and when he opened it up had received 2 boxes with the normal keys.

So annoying, I feel your pain..

Gerry
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7618 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, mistakes are annoying but I think we all should realize everybody is human and we all make mistakes. If there are only a few mistakes out of a couple thousand orders then that's really not too bad
Check out Bafflingbob.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6789 Posts

Profile of videoman
I ordered the deluxe set and then the next day ordered a standard set. Two separate orders, each with their own order numbers and tracking numbers. Received the deluxe set fine a while back but still haven’t received the standard set. Tracking says “query currently unavailable” and that is all it has ever said since receiving the the tracking info from HC. No idea what that means but I’ve emailed twice to HC and received a reply that they are looking into it.
I’m not concerned because I’m quite certain I will either receive the product or a refund eventually.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Sorry to report back that the Blu Tac did not work so far.
I'll keep trying.

TMC
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2024, MagicRichyRich wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2024, lunatik wrote:
Completely soak the key in solvent, it will break down the tapes adhesive. Maybe every few hours, do your normal prying, that will allow some of the solvent to make its way across the tape. May have to soak 24+ hours, but this will guaranteed do the trick Smile

What kind of solvent?

Thx,
The Magic Corner

Rubbing alcohol will work, also WD-40
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2024, MagicRichyRich wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2024, lunatik wrote:
Completely soak the key in solvent, it will break down the tapes adhesive. Maybe every few hours, do your normal prying, that will allow some of the solvent to make its way across the tape. May have to soak 24+ hours, but this will guaranteed do the trick Smile

What kind of solvent?

Thx,
The Magic Corner

Rubbing alcohol will work, also WD-40

Trying tht now. I actually thought the Blu Tac would work after I started to apply it....but nope!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6789 Posts

Profile of videoman
Remember also that it may be helpful combining methods. Heating and/or solvent used in conjunction with blu tac, etc.
But are you absolutely sure your nephew isn’t pranking you?
Hard to fathom a tiny piece of tape being so difficult to remove.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, videoman wrote:
Remember also that it may be helpful combining methods. Heating and/or solvent used in conjunction with blu tac, etc.

I've been combining Tac, solvent, heat, cold....standing on my head!
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Holy Crap, just did some prying and not paying much attention and it came apart. Took tape out but inside a bit sticky...no worries...wiping that away....I can see the magnet mark from all the pulling apart with two magnets, but I'm sure I can clean that and buff that....Wow, nephew is gonna be psyched. Only deal is I get to perform on my Channel and then I'll give back....lol

Special thanks to Mason Harney, whom I doubted this would work! You're a genius in my book. Gonna score big points with the Nephew!

Thanks Everyone for all your Help!
The Magic Corner
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, MagicRichyRich wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, videoman wrote:

I've been combining Tac, solvent, heat, cold....standing on my head!

I’m taking credit for the solvent loosening the tape enough for the other methods to work!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2047 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Yeah I have a few messages out, says undeliverable, and still "seems" to be in my city, but I imagine not for long. Their company is good, though, I'll get mine one way or another.

The undeliverable message is coming from whom? the carrier?

Yeah, the carrier. It'll get solved at some point. Things happen. My engine in our new (but certified pre-owned) SUV just had a catastrophic failure only three weeks after getting it. Died while away, over Christmas. THAT's bad news. Really sucks, really bad. (PS - I'll be selling stuff soon if people want to watch for it. *Sigh* just wish I was rich...)

Getting these keys will feel nice. I'm not selling them once I get them, I'm too excited about a "good" break to start the year and have something fun to play with.

Then I'll figure out whether I'm walking more, suing, or buying a bike, lol.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1713 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2024, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2024, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Anybody here from Germany who have received their item?

I didn’t received mine yet.
Status didn’t changed - still in transit to DHL (for weeks) - very strange.
HC Team told me last week to look into it…

Same status as mine , onward transport to DHL since 21st December

finally got some status updates for Germany , package is now in Rodgau , @ArtIn check yours maybe you have updates as well

Thank you! It finally arrived today.
Great craftsmanship and not too thick.
Works flawlessly, nothing moves, perfect fit.
I’m starting to forget the communication experience.

@artin mine was supposed to be delivered today and when I checke dthe status it says going back to the sender!Reason is that my name is not clearly visible on the bell. I have it delivered in our office and I never had any problem on deliveries there - all complete address and my name. Do you know how can I stop it from being sent back to the sender?

Sorry to hear that. Only thing you can do is try to contact DHL (phone) and tell the dealer about the situation.
Maybe they get contacted by DHL.
Zuko_magic
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Zuko_magic
This is useful if you want to carry it on your regular keychain. And it’s smaller than the one supplied but still works fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KeySmart-MagCon......82J6RT16
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

So just an update...As you can imagine nephew was very surprised that I was able to get it apart. But after a lot of prying with magnets and stronger magnets, it wasn't just dust or dirt anymore in the area, but a noticeable indentation even after buffing and cleaning with brush. No fault of HC, but of us.

So combining Doug Conn's idea of a sticker and then some of my own ingenuity, I placed a "C" sticker and an "S" sticker for Copper and Silver. The Silver sticker covers up the indentation and doesn't affect the Magnet. I did notice if I placed the "C" sticker in the middle of the key it did affect the Magnet...that is why I moved it up to the Left. It works perfect, with no visible markings or indentations.

I may have to steal this from the nephew!
I enclosed a couple of pics.

Best,
The Magic Corner

Click here to view attached image.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Another pic
It would only allow one pic at a time

Click here to view attached image.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 6, 2024, MagicRichyRich wrote:
Another pic
It would only allow one pic at a time

UPDATE: We took the "C" sticker off of all Copper keys including the gimmick. No need to have any extra thickness or mishaps when it connects. Having the "S" on the silver key is ok and doesn't affect any magnets....just adds a little more visual and for those that are color blind. lol

Happy Magic,
The Magic Corner
BeePM
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of BeePM
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2024, Mason Harney wrote:
It looks very good.
Does anybody know if you want to clean this etc as Hanson shows in one of the videos, what is he actually using.
It looks like a sanding block?
Wouldn’t that scratch it?
Just wondering in the future if the keys tarnish a bit in the whats the best solution and abrasives for both Silver and Copper?
I don’t know whether it is real copper or stainless steel but would appreciate any suggestions M

It's a nail buffer, he is using the O-P-I Brilliance version but there are tons of other ones to choose from (search for nail buffer).

ATB / Bazza