The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: MENTAL DICE by Tony Anverdi (246 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..30~31~32 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4192 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Yes I own their dice, and it was me that first pointed out that estooge are the people behind godice. That said my estooge dice are still working fine and fit perfectly with the routine for which I purchased them which relies as much on the magnet detector feature as the numbers. GoDice and other similar products which predate godice will have no impact on the routine.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
My red and white dice hold a good charge. I charged them and a week later they were still 90%. The blue dice will only stay charged for maybe a day. Then dead. If I charge it prior to use, it will last the entire performance no problem. Those of you who have this should check yours and make sure you don't end up with a dead one in performance.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I would send the whole set back as that is not right and it will only get worse Gaz 🙂
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1541 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
My red and white dice hold a good charge. I charged them and a week later they were still 90%. The blue dice will only stay charged for maybe a day. Then dead. If I charge it prior to use, it will last the entire performance no problem. Those of you who have this should check yours and make sure you don't end up with a dead one in performance.

Charged mine on Monday and have used them once since. All three dice still show 9. when turned on.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I must say that Customer Service is exemplary. I have full confidence they will take care of it. I'm sending the blue one back and a new one is on the way to me!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That’s good news , I didn’t realise they could send them back out as singles .
Either way you never want any electronic device to be right on its margins once switched on at a gig Gaz 🙂
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I must say that Customer Service is exemplary. I have full confidence they will take care of it. I'm sending the blue one back and a new one is on the way to me!

Whose customer service are you referring to?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
So I assume that the instructions will be a download? I ordered from Hocus-Pocus, they don't send out the link. Waiting.....lol

Hocus-Pocus would be my guess ? Best wishes Gaz 🙂
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Murphys Magic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Fair enough , I assumed you would go back to where you ordered it from .
I would incase all 3 are from a dodgy batch and eventually go wrong .
It explains how they are able to send just the one though Gaz 🙂
Deignan
View Profile
New user
Poinciana, Florida
17 Posts

Profile of Deignan
I think it is so important for any magic company to stand behind their products 100%. It gives you confidence in purchasing from them again. Those are the companies that you continue to purchase your effects from. In my opinion, Paul Gross from Hocus-Pocus is one of the best gentleman to do business with. Years ago I wrote to Paul about an effect that I purchased that did not live up to the promises in the ad. Paul immediately wrote back to me and offered a reasonable solution. That's the way you keep customers coming back for more. Thanks Paul for running a great business. Kudos to you.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1709 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2020, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Yes I own their dice, and it was me that first pointed out that estooge are the people behind godice. That said my estooge dice are still working fine and fit perfectly with the routine for which I purchased them which relies as much on the magnet detector feature as the numbers. GoDice and other similar products which predate godice will have no impact on the routine.

Mark

Thank you for clarifying Mark!
I’ve read about the GoDice and estooge connection at another place.
Takamitsu Uchida
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Takamitsu Uchida
There are truth story for 3 mental dice.

https://vimeo.com/382177634/b4336fd9a0
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2890 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
(Grabbing the popcorn)
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2890 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
To be clear: the video posted above by the new user in his first post Smile is Antoine’s statement on the who-came-up-with-these-dice-mess. And two reason’s why you shouldn’t buy them from Murphy’s.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Just to chip in - It seems to me that Murphy's have released Marc Antoine's product and not Anverdi's.

But more interesting to me - would people prefer the trick came in a brown envelope rather the fancy box and save £20?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4203 Posts

Profile of JanForster
This is absolutely correct, and even what Marc Antoine is stating is mostly correct, apart the fact that the German producer (which I know personally) did already steal Craig Filicettis original ideas. And to make it clear: As I still believe in honesty and want to live up to that I would never buy the so called „Anverdi Dice“. I will only support the original creator(s). I am also very disappointed about a few „big“ names out there (no big names for me anymore, they seem to be more immoral cretins as at least they should have known better...) who let other allow to abuse their „good“ (?) names in order to praise obvious plagiarisms. And I also consider never to buy anything from any dealer who was supporting this plagiarism.
If there would be enough moral persons amongst us we would have a chance to educate these only money driven gravediggers of our art. But following this thread I know it is only a dream. But at least it could adjust my estimation and opinion about a lot of people which I thought I know. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Hi Jan,

Please don't take it out on the dealers, they have little choice but to deal with a distributor who has a monopoly on most magic products. Plus they have the demands of the market and their consumers who wish to buy hyped products. If they took too high a moral stand they wouldn't last a week.

Change needs to happen through out the supply chain.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4203 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I do not agree... nobody is forced to take ALL a big distributor is offering... This is too easy. And BTW, if 75% of all dealers would disappear it wouldn't be of any loss. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
A lot are forced.
Every dealer that has a 'warehouse' is joined at the hip with the one distributor.

The only solution is for a dealer to make enough from their own products.