The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (225 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..25~26~27 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
I had some slight movement on my gimmick. It didn’t really bother me but since I’m always in the pursuit of perfection (and I’ve repaired enough coin shells to feel confident that I could deal with a worse case scenario if need be) I tried the mallet method as described on one of Hanson’s videos. It was easy and worked great.

But I can no longer separate it manually by slamming it into my hand but I didn’t plan on doing that anyway so I guess that’s a good thing, proof it does now fit tighter.

To be honest, I feel like giving it a few light taps on a hard surface such as a desk or table top would work equally well. That’s actually what I ended up doing towards the end. But I cannot recommend that you do anything other than what is officially recommended.
natsuy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of natsuy
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2024, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Anybody here from Germany who have received their item?

I didn’t received mine yet.
Status didn’t changed - still in transit to DHL (for weeks) - very strange.
HC Team told me last week to look into it…

Same status as mine , onward transport to DHL since 21st December

finally got some status updates for Germany , package is now in Rodgau , @ArtIn check yours maybe you have updates as well
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7594 Posts

Profile of RNK
My key has a minor click which I did not fix. I have now performed this a few times with the nested key ending up in the spectators hand. No one who grabbed the key to look at it discovered the minor click. Don't worry about it. Just as Hanson says on the tutorial, people are not going to be trying to "move" the key back and forth in that way. So far, in my experience, he is correct.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of videoman
100% agree RNK. I’m just a DIY tinkerer at heart so I could never not try to do something like Hanson suggested as it’s a bit of a compulsion, and I know I’m not the only one with this curse here on the cafe. But yes, not necessary at all.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2837 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Got mine today and must say!!!! Wow just wow. Love it.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1708 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

finally got some status updates for Germany , package is now in Rodgau , @ArtIn check yours maybe you have updates as well

Thank you! It finally arrived today.
Great craftsmanship and not too thick.
Works flawlessly, nothing moves, perfect fit.
I’m starting to forget the communication experience.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3084 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Can you not work a small pin or something again the key insert through the keyhole?
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of MagicRichyRich
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, Xcath1 wrote:
Can you not work a small pin or something again the key insert through the keyhole?

I could try!
Thanks 4 the idea!

Best,
The Magic Corner
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
You might try superglueing the end of a wine bottle cork to each side of the key. The glue will dry pretty quickly. Then, wiggle and pull the halves apart. Acetone should dissolve glue residue on the key. At least you won’t scratch or dent the key.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
I hate to ask, but you’re not trying it with the copper key are you?

If you throw it against the ground all it’s gonna do it make it even harder to open.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, Koolmagicguy wrote:
I hate to ask, but you’re not trying it with the copper key are you?

If you throw it against the ground all it’s gonna do it make it even harder to open.

No I haven't thrown it against the ground
natsuy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of natsuy
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2024, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2024, natsuy wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you! It finally arrived today.
Great craftsmanship and not too thick.
Works flawlessly, nothing moves, perfect fit.
I’m starting to forget the communication experience.

@artin mine was supposed to be delivered today and when I checke dthe status it says going back to the sender!Reason is that my name is not clearly visible on the bell. I have it delivered in our office and I never had any problem on deliveries there - all complete address and my name. Do you know how can I stop it from being sent back to the sender?
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I received my deluxe set in the mail two days ago! ....then I received another deluxe set yesterday. I guess my shipping issue was having my order duplicated, though I was only charged once. Not complaining! >.>
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, AutarchicFlux wrote:
I received my deluxe set in the mail two days ago! ....then I received another deluxe set yesterday. I guess my shipping issue was having my order duplicated, though I was only charged once. Not complaining! >.>

Same thing happened to me. Based on my shipping labels, they forgot to include the 2nd address line for my apartment number, and when they realized the mistake probably was easiest to just send a new unit.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, trickyat86 wrote:
Quote:

Same thing happened to me. Based on my shipping labels, they forgot to include the 2nd address line for my apartment number, and when they realized the mistake probably was easiest to just send a new unit.

Wow, wish that happened to me. Considering what happened with the "tape", I would love to get another set in the mail!
natsuy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of natsuy
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, MagicRichyRich wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, trickyat86 wrote:
Quote:

Wow, wish that happened to me. Considering what happened with the "tape", I would love to get another set in the mail!

For me its unfortunate, they would have probably made a mistake on my shipping address and when I checked the status now its returning back to the sender! After waiting for so long! Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2038 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Yeah I have a few messages out, says undeliverable, and still "seems" to be in my city, but I imagine not for long. Their company is good, though, I'll get mine one way or another.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4325 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I also got a message from Hanson saying could not be delivered due to address even though same address always used. They said they will be shippping it out again but said they have a lot of orders and don’t know when it will be shipped.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
natsuy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of natsuy
Its just a little bit frustrating when you are excited to receive the product and all of a sudden the carrier returns it back to the sender! Smile

I already messaged Hanson's customer support if they can send one again since the other item is going back to them but this means another long wait Smile
natsuy
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of natsuy
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2024, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Yeah I have a few messages out, says undeliverable, and still "seems" to be in my city, but I imagine not for long. Their company is good, though, I'll get mine one way or another.

The undeliverable message is coming from whom? the carrier?