The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Paul Gordon's Card Startlers - My Review (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-04-03 14:31, John Pilotzi wrote:
Hey, that's a great (well deserved) review... JP

I agree.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Good enough for Andi and John, good enough for me
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Thanks for the vote of confidence Xcath1.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Being honest, I have quite a bit of Paul's stuff. I am not a hater, but I think some of the cricism are valid. However I thinks Card Startlers is quite a good value. Some things may be derivative, many things in magic are, but there are many usable, practical (quite important) effects for the money. I also think Corner of Picadilly is excellent and looks great with the "antique" cards.
mrgoat
View Profile
Regular user
England
115 Posts

Profile of mrgoat
Quote:
On 2009-12-16 01:22, John Pilotzi wrote:
Yeah, man....BRILLIANT set of DVDs! This guy ROCKS as does his magic! I use about 30 of the tricks. If were better skilled, I'd use all 50! JP

Reminds me of the preface to RRTCM where a young magician approaches David Devant and says "Mr Devant, I know about 100 tricks with cards, how many do you know?" And Devant replied "About 7".

Took me MANY years to realise what it meant.

You never, ever need 30 tricks. Learn a few, but learn how to perform them perfectly. Vernon said to learn just ONE trick and do that better than anyone else.

Food for thought.
mrgoat
View Profile
Regular user
England
115 Posts

Profile of mrgoat
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 17:02, mrmagik68 wrote:
Unfortunately, my computer's DVD drive is on the blitz. I checked the manual on my DVD player and it wont play PAL DVDs so I'll have to wait until this set becomes available in NTSC. I wrote to Paul Gordon and he informed me that he has a new 2 DVD set that will be coming out very soon and will be distributed by Murphy's. This will be available in NTSC.

Roberto

Are you sure it won't? Most DVD players can be hacked via the remote to enable multiregion, unless yours is about 20 years old!?!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Mrgoat, could tell me how to hack my DVD player? You could PM me if you don't want to share this info publicly.

thanks
Magic is a vanishing art.