The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Identity (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..20~21~22 [Next]
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I just preordered mine. Can't wait!
Sammy J. Teague
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thank you Nico! I was too lazy to do that. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Richard's track record speaks for itself. I believe him when he says " I have worked very hard to create an effect that is quite possibly, THE STRONGEST SIGNED CARD EFFECT THAT YOU CAN DO ".
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Sanders never disappoints me. He is a very crafty, and clever artist/inventor. I am all for improvement on tired techniques. That's what helps us all evolve as artists. And truthfully, with the multiple versions and 2 hour DVD. It's a bargain! Richard has brought all of us some very entertaining effects over the years.

- My Thoughts
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Why make prejudgments now be they negative or positive?

Richard has thus far proven to have a great track record and in time the reviews will be forthcoming. The test of time will tell as it always does. Why bicker when the trick has not even been released yet and no one as of yet has had any hand's on experience with it and or the DVD! Give it a break.....wait....and......see!

~gaffed~ Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Like all Richard Sanders' effects, this is sure to be amazing. Since Extreme Burn, I have become a big supporter of his products. I can't wait to get this.

Jeff
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2570 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I agree with Christopher Kavanaugh!

Richards track record speaks for itself.

Extreme Burn is killer always!

Even though I mostly do mentalism now, I still preordered since I know this will be a big hit, and Richard has never let me down on any of the products he promotes and sells.

This is probably one of the strongest card tricks a person can do next to , well in me experience at least

Autograph by Justin Miller
Diplopia by Paul Vigil

Autograph is more like Sanders effects since it uses gimmicked cards and few technical moves and stuff!

My preorder is in, and cant wait till June 1st when these start shipping.

My bday is June 5th so its just in time.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On 2009-05-09 12:44, gaffed wrote:
Looks very interesting as usual for Richard Sanders.
I'll have to wait for a review on this one as to the card maneuvers involved as I'm not all that good at finger flicking due to some arthritis in my hand. Looking forward as to its difficulty level. Richard does state that one needs an intermediate level of card handling but that really does not tell me all that much.
It certainly looks very visual with that kicker ending!

~gaffed~

I am of the same mind. I have very small hands and fingers, (no jokes, please) so I usually stay with coins. However, I hope we have the same level of reviews on this one that the Café is known for. Looking forward to it.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Pre-ordered mine!
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I have never been disappointed by a Sander's effect and thus did not hesitate one second to push the pre-order button

Eric
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1489 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
[quote]On 2009-05-09 20:40, Robert M wrote:
Quote:
There must be something new for Richard to release this as a single trick DVD, so I ordered it. I still can't figure out how the card can be given out at the end without a switch. And, it says "No Switch".

Robert

Richard Sanders effects is truely great magic. I truely love "Stickmen 4" and "Card in ear" besides the obvious ones like "Extreme Burn", "Tagged" and "Ring on Shoelace".

Richard Sanders has many alike effects to "Identity" like "Named", "Shaken", "Snowstorm" (Sankey) but what I'm interested in is exactly what Robert wrote above "I still can't figure out how the card can be given out at the end without a switch. And, it says "No Switch".

I would like your reviews to focus exactly on this.

"THE MARKS ON THE BACK OF THE CARD VISUALLY REFORM INTO THE SPECTATOR'S VERY OWN NAME! Yes, the marks VISUALLY REFORM, with no cover whatsoever, into the name of the spectator that you just met! With NO SWITCH... the card is immediately handed to the spectator to keep. It is completely examinable!"

Thas should be the NEW part of this trick, hopefully also with a streamlined handling without 20 wrist kills. One wrist kill will do.

Regards

Jan
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I perform NAMED and there isn't 20 wrist kills. Only a few moves to accomplish a miracle.

IDENTITY sounds like a major advancement on the plot.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1489 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On 2009-05-20 04:28, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I perform NAMED and there isn't 20 wrist kills. Only a few moves to accomplish a miracle.

IDENTITY sounds like a major advancement on the plot.

And basically there is nothing wrong with a wrist kill anyway. I believe from a multitude of Sankey and Sankley/Sanders DVD's you are just overexposed to the same moves, and suddenly for a magician those moves signals "foulplay", but to a lay person it doesn't matter.

Anyways, while we are waiting for a review that can make us wiser on the "NO SWITCH" part.

Jan
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I don't mind the "wrist Kills" and I love the Sanders effect with with random marks changing to marks in the shape of a card (forgot the name). The change is slightly different and of course there is a switch to hand out the signed card. I love the idea of snowstorm but it uses the same change twice in a row. Even if the shaking is consistent with shaking up the snow I still feel twice in a row is a little bit shady looking. We shall see
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Switch or no switch, the effect looks great and will get great reactions. I don't get why people are so opposed to switches, they are not noticed by lay people, and if they are then your not very good at them.

Anyway, this is a Richard Sanders effect, the guy who released Interlace, Extreme Burn, Fibre Optics and Tagged, this one will rock!!!

darius
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
The ad says "With no switch...the card is immediately handed to the spectator" this is clearly showing that at the end of the effect there is no switching. When they see their name on the card it is that card that is handed to them. What MAGIC took place up until this point? Well we are all waiting. I do believe this is one of the good ones though.

Good magic to all,

Eric
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On 2009-05-20 11:06, gumbystock wrote:
The ad says "With no switch...the card is immediately handed to the spectator" this is clearly showing that at the end of the effect there is no switching. When they see their name on the card it is that card that is handed to them. What MAGIC took place up until this point? Well we are all waiting. I do believe this is one of the good ones though.

Good magic to all,

Eric

What do you mean by "Well we are all waiting." Are you saying you deserve to have the modus operandi explained to you hear in an open forum? I think the idea is for people to buy the effect if they want to know how it works. You act like you're entitled and Richard is being a jerk by not explaining the mechanics of the effect.
bob.smith
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of bob.smith
I have never been disappointed by Richard's stuff, so this has been added to wish-list. Smile
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1489 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On 2009-05-20 09:40, MagicMcQuade wrote:
Switch or no switch, the effect looks great and will get great reactions. I don't get why people are so opposed to switches,
darius

Hey Darious, we are not concerned with switches. We are looking for new methods. And I´m very interested in knowing whether Richard Sanders, whom I consider to be one of the real innovators has come up with some entirely new.

I do switches all the time, and they easily fly by, even magicians. I´m just curious about new methods.

Best regards

Jan

Quote:
On 2009-05-20 12:43, ixnay66 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-05-20 11:06, gumbystock wrote:

Good magic to all,

Eric

What do you mean by "Well we are all waiting." Are you saying you deserve to have the modus operandi explained to you hear in an open forum? I think the idea is for people to buy the effect if they want to know how it works. You act like you're entitled and Richard is being a jerk by not explaining the mechanics of the effect.

Hi ixnay66.

I would like to comment on this because I come from the same point of view as Eric. Unfortunately words written is a strange thing, and I do think we tend to over exaggerate their meaning. Especially in a forum where things are written fast and unedited. I believe that what both I and Eric means is, that the only supposedly new thing except for a great effect in "Identity" is the part that says "NO SWITCH". And I assume we are both more than happy to buy this effect, but we would truely like to hear some review comment on the "NO SWITCH" part. We are looking for new methods and is very interested in exactly this part.

We are not at all asking anybody to reveal any kind of method. Nobody is acting like Richard is a jerk. I think it is pretty strong words of you to use, and since words written are peculiar, I could fear that somebody might read it as intolerance on your part. I assume that it is not case, you just wrote your comment fast and unedited. I did get the point though, and that's why I´m answering.

We have all just bought to many effects based on a single phrase/promise. We are very interested in the "NO SWITCH". that's the real new thing about this effect from a method point of view. Is it for real, or is it "from the spectators point of view it is experienced as a switch did not occur". There is a lot of difference between these two happenings from a method point of view.

And please, since this comment was written fast, but edited Smile , then please read it with a smile on your lip. No harm was meant not even the slightest

Best regards

Jan
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Boy, I wish more posts were like Vraagaard's.

And I wish I knew how to pronounce "Vraagaard".