The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: FCM Podcast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Gene "Oz" Oswald
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Gene
A give away, your killing me Wilde! There's no budget for giveaways! There goes our NEXT Wacky Wolf effect. I guess we can avoid buying the next set of cards from Illusionist...

Wait, we can give them your copy...

Oh, I know.... I can take your Christmas present back... that's it. The return lines, restocking fees, travel, time,

.... Wilde, you know this is a FREE PodCast right?

Oh well, it is Christmas!

Merry Christmas 2 U all!

Oz
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
This month’s episode is finally up and includes tips on selecting a sound system, an easy book test adaptable to different programs, David Laflin shares his philosophy for putting a program together, Gilbert Adams shares a favorite balloon sculpture, Faith Renee’s Kid’s Corner, devotion with Pastor Rob and more featuring Joey Brummet, Daniel Lusk, Oz and Wilde.

Go to http://www.themagicpodcast.com and check it out.
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Excellent advice on sound systems. At the Ring 211 meeting in Grand Rapids Monday night, FCMer MagicBob Zoerman had a tiny sound system made by Rolland (the same company that makes electronic drum kits) that was incredibly loud. It was the size of a radio, only about a foot square and a few inches wide. Amazing...
Gene "Oz" Oswald
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Gene
Thanks 4 the tip... will have 2 check that out. People always ask about portable systems
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
The February podcast is now up at http://www.themagicpodcast.com and will be on iTunes soon.

This month on the podcast, Joey Brummet talks about Contact Sheets, Wilde discusses Omnilopes and 99 from Jay Sankey Magic, Faith Renee shares a routine for the Chinese Bottle and Rope, Oz chats about VBS ideas, Daniel Lusk and Joey discuss Confessions of a Needle Swallower, and more.
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Fantastic, looking forward to it very much, I have enjoyed the past podcasts. I would love to hear comments in the future on the structuring of a Gospel magic program (as discussed often by Duane Laflin in his writings). How does a performer gracefully transition from a "straight" magic performance or comedy routine to close out the program with a Gospel theme... thoughts on exactly what is said for/during this "transition"... other than "Now I'd like to talk about something very personal to me, etc.". I think this is a key time for the program, since most Gospel magicians such as myself begin with secular "tricks", then go into a Gospel theme. Thoughts?
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
MagicBus -

Good idea for the podcast. I will put that in the hopper and we should be discussing it either in March or April.

Thank for the idea.

><> J
<BR>
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
The June Podcast of The Christian Conjurer in Hyperspace is up.

This month you’ll find an interview with Ralph Mackintosh discussing comparisons with gospel and corporate performances. Also Mike Ferrari will be talking about adding music to magic, Mark Tripp with science and Tripp's Tips, Michael LaFond with an object lesson with a large toothbrush, Pastor Rob devotional, Faith Renee with Kid’s Corner with a really fun routine using a basic coin slide trick, and then there is Oz and Wilde doing that hosting thing.

And a cold open (the part before the opening music plays) that is a lot of fun.

http://www.themagicpodcast.com

><> J
<BR>
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Can't wait to hear this one!
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
The July edition of The Christian Conjurer in Hyperspace has been uploaded to iTunes.

This month's Podcast is up and brings back Mike Ferrari sharing advice and exercises for finding music for one’s program, Mark shares both performance tips and science, Faith Renee with Kid’s Corner on rice bowls, Pastor Rob shares a devotional, Oz and Wilde share tips on creating introductions and they also review Barry Mitchell’s upcoming book “Let Me Tell You A Story” and more...including a follow up to the June's opening performance.

It can also be found at http://www.themagicpodcast.com.
<BR>
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
Thanks, guys, really enjoy your podcasts.
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess