The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Daniel Garcia's Torn Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Hi vinny,

Your warped and restored effect sounds really interesting, are you still selling your video for it?

I'd be interesting in buying a copy if you were.

Euan
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Euan, my video is free, all I'm asking is $4 dollars for the shipping. I sent this out to the Magic Cafe, in hopes that the magicians who like torn and restored card could use this idea and perhaps make it better.

As in all torn and restored cards there are weaknesses and strong points. Send me your mailing address and I will give you my mailing address

thanks vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
And Vinny,

Your extreme generosity will be repaid in the long run, I know it.

--Ron
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Torn is very nice. I think Vinny's Warped and Restored is more fun to do though. Torn is very easy to do (a definite plus) but Vinny's is not too difficult either! Get both!
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Vinny still has tapes of his Warped and Restored. I am getting mine in a few days and can't wait. Everyone should just get both. If you can't decide on a card restoration, then get Vinny's Warped for now(hey it's free), and mail him a few dollars extra for good karma, and then get Torn later. Everyone who has received Warped has stated that it is very strong. It will be interesting to compare both effects after I get the videos.

A big thanks to Vinny!
Drive Carefully
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Thanks Vinny for your tape. It is great. I liked your flash restoration at the end. Members make sure as many as possable get Vinny's free tape.
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Does anyone know of anywhere to buy 'Torn'? It is no longer on Magicsmith's website.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
if you type "Daniel Garcia" into the search engine on MagicSmith's website, you will find his tape.
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Thanks for the help, it must not have been working when I tried to find the tape. I was kind of worried that the trick disappeared before I got a chance to get it.
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Hey guys,
i just wanted to thank all of those who purchased the tape....and who were happy..heheh....and i wanted to thank all those who watched a bootlegged copy for not telling me. Smile for all of those who have the tape e-mail me for some extra tips and alternate handelings...for those who don't have it....you can get it from me by e-mailing me or you can purchase it from magic smith....thanks again.
D. Garcia
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Danny,

I do not, as of yet have it, but I will get it (through honorable channels Smile ). This will probably be a few months.

--Ron
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
You know, as the t&r theme has progressed over the years, I can't believe how advanced it has become. It's like the evolvement of the computer from the Timex Sinclair, which in 1981 was the talk of the town, but a mere collectors item today compared to the Pentium IV 2.8ghz.T&R is a great example of this. My first experience was viewing Paul Harris' t&r, and thinking WOW! Then I saw J.C.Wagner's and said WOW! (and believe me, they were fantastic) Then, like the Professor's Nitemare, it progressed with different handlings, and now with Yves and Garcias' version, they have the Pentium IV version, and that is what magic is all about; great innovators and improving on a great theme. Keep it up guys. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I just finally watched the demo of Torn On the Magicsmith website...I'm still cleaning out my pants...Thanx Dan!

I have to get this soon...Darn my bills anyway!
Gerald
View Profile
Veteran user
Arkansas
332 Posts

Profile of Gerald
I too was at the last T.A.O,M. convention and saw Daniel Garcia’s torn and restored card. I certainly agree with Eric and Lance. To me, it was very magical, visual and indeed really fun to watch. After watching it two or three times, I suspect that one must "pick your spot" when performing it, to be careful with the angles. Yes, there are a few minor drawbacks, but the strength of the visual restoration overshadows the minor handling problems. To me, it was certainly a beautiful thing to watch.
yoey2000
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of yoey2000
IM not bragging or anything, but I figured it out. Well the "basic" torn and restored routine I knew from before, but how literally only touching brought the cards together was actually my own method when I realized someone was doing it! Smile Smile
Dr. Bombay
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dr. Bombay
I know everyone loves this, but I don't like the part of putting pieces in the pocket for later.

David Eldridge has a GREAT effect and it looks very clean.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
David Eldriges "quaterly Returns " is the best flash restoriation on a torn and restored card effect.
However if you want a flash restoration only using one card with no gaffs or gimmicks then warped and restored by yours truly.
vinny
ps Brad burt and David Eldrige are marketing my effect (warped and restored)
Come check out my magic.

Dr. Bombay
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dr. Bombay
vinsmagic, does Brad carry your effect now? Is it a video?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
No it is not a video ,it is in booklet form
and should be out in his next flyer ,. which should be any day.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Hi Vinny,
Many thanks for your generosity with Warped

for you other guys,

Vinny sent me a Video(all the way to UK)but of course it was the wrong format. He then kindly sent me a CD version.. all free.
From my point of view it would cost me as much to just send "the few bucks".
I know he has spent a lot of time and effort coming up with this routine and then to give it away!!!
So ! all you guys in the States just GET IT
and throw in some loose change for his efforts.You will love it.

Howard
Smile Smile