The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..26..29..32..35..36~37~38 [Next]
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I know. Shipping is quoted by UPS directly. The original service is UPS Express Worldwide. The lowered rate is UPS Expedited Worldwide. I am not sure if insurance is the same but I would say so. US has a lower drop because I really cannot imagine how UPS would charge low prices for a package on expedited shipping to the US. The original 140 USD is normal for this type of service. The new one is a bargain I say. Factor group orders and the shipping price is even dropped more, significantly.

I really see it as a nice gesture from Sans Minds to lower the shipping price. I think the overall price is more appealing now.

@funnyclown: I was responding to kiketron who said "I guess it is much less for the United States".
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3088 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I may have complained too soon at least for the US. Rich says they are shipping with refills
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
65 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
Hello, is there anybody from Hong Kong who want to buy the watch? Maybe we share the shipping costs..... PM me....
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
This watch is a technological breakthrough . Compared to LYNX ( which is same ard same price ) , this is much nicer finished , works so much better , and beautiful , I exactly agree to the WPR guys .

They're selling this beautiful piece at just 250 usd , I think we should just chill and wait for it patiently . It's their holiday this season and with much paperwork and orders to handle , they've even lowered the shipping cost . Trust them on this . Anything that comes from them in a white box is a masterpiece . When you finally receive yours after the wait , you'll not be disappointed .

The refills will be shipped separately . But I like it this way , at least I received my watch , and I know I've been taken care of . Let's just wait one more week for the refills to start shipping , and we'll then be able to rock this at gigs .

As for refills they're charging what the UPS quotes . It's easy to just find some people to split the shipping and lower it down to a bare minimum .

Hope their campaign succeeds though , I don't want to see their effort go down the drain .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of kiketron
This afternoon I'm going to show my black Vapr watch to magician mates in an Akira Fujii lecture I will attend.

I'm sure some of them will order after seeing the device live.
I'm promoting the watch as I want Sansminds to succeed.
They made a great effort to put this in the market. They are solving the problems as the circumstances allow them.
I don't care if refills arrive in a week or a month. I know they will.
Let's respect their effort. They are working packing them in Holidays.

Kiketron
Step into the unknown
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I got the gold one . I felt it's the best 250 bucks I've spent in magic so far . I just can't believe how this considerably thin metal casing contains mechanisms that produces smoke and pumps it out so silently , and on top of that contains the parts smaller than my pinky which turns the clock hands . It's magic itself pressing the remote and watching smoke puffs out of the completely ordinary looking watch . Not only that , the watch design is just ... so beautiful ! It's based on the Invicta Bolt design , which is one of my favorite watch design . How I wish I could purchase a normal branded watch that looks just like this .

I will be willing to pay the full retail price for this , and I believe that's what it should be sold for originally , at just 250 bucks currently , please grab it while you can guys , it'll be one of the best investment you make in magic . Doesn't matter if you'll actually use it , keeping and holding a part of history and technology in your hands is worth every cent you pay for .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
My collectors watches arrived today. I'm in California

:)))
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3088 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Dude, did you get an email, or did they just show up??????
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2017, funnyclown wrote:
My collectors watches arrived today. I'm in California

:)))

can you please post a video of one them operating? id love to finally see a non studio produced video showing them in use? PRETTY PLEASE???
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I got an email from UPS for a next day air package from the UPS store in Bellingham WA. It didn't say on email anything about Sansminds or the watch so it was a bit of a surprise. But I heard if your in the US you'll be getting watches this week. I think everyone will have the watches in the next week or two.

Quote:
On Jan 31, 2017, Xcath1 wrote:
Dude, did you get an email, or did they just show up??????
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I received a note from Rich today that says if you purchased after the initial 300 and they DO reach their goal of 2,000 watches, they will not ship until May.

If they DO NOT reach their goal then be said there's no telling how long it will take for them to hand assemble them and get them shipped. So that's a bummer. Looks like I won't have my watch until next year
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, MadisonH wrote:

"I received a note from Rich today that says if you purchased after the initial 300 and they DO reach their goal of 2,000 watches, they will not ship until May.

If they DO NOT reach their goal then be said there's no telling how long it will take for them to hand assemble them and get them shipped. So that's a bummer. Looks like I won't have my watch until next year"

Don't worry..by years end everyone who purchased their cool smoking wristwatches will be bored playing with them. This is a cool prop for sure, but will spectators really think that "magic smoke" is appearing from nowhere???? C'mon people!
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of gassaox
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, Rocky wrote:
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, MadisonH wrote:

"I received a note from Rich today that says if you purchased after the initial 300 and they DO reach their goal of 2,000 watches, they will not ship until May.

If they DO NOT reach their goal then be said there's no telling how long it will take for them to hand assemble them and get them shipped. So that's a bummer. Looks like I won't have my watch until next year"

"Don't worry..by years end everyone who purchased their cool smoking wristwatches will be bored playing with them. This is a cool prop for sure, but will spectators really think that "magic smoke" is appearing from nowhere???? C'mon people!"

It depends what kind of magic effect you do with it fella, if I borrowed some persons mobile/cellphone and got them to place it in their hand and put my hand in top and with patter say I would cause their phone to over heat then they see smoke would they ever suspect the watch? NO - they would think it was actually their phone, this watch is a master piece and I cannot wait to get one👍🏻

---
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, Rocky wrote:

"Don't worry..by years end everyone who purchased their cool smoking wristwatches will be bored playing with them. This is a cool prop for sure, but will spectators really think that "magic smoke" is appearing from nowhere???? C'mon people!"

You may be right about the first part but I don't agree with the second. I think it totally depends on how it is used. I would never simply produce smoke and call it a day. It should merely be an additional magical flair given to another routine. I think the ashes on arm is the best example.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I can't wait for this, has anybody in the US got their shipping status changed or an email? I was one of the 300 but haven't heard back on this
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
[quote]On Feb 1, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:

"I can't wait for this, has anybody in the US got their shipping status changed or an email? I was one of the 300 but haven't heard back on this"

Apparently all of the initial 300 have been shipped.
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
[quote]On Feb 1, 2017, codydavismagic wrote:

"I can't wait for this, has anybody in the US got their shipping status changed or an email? I was one of the 300 but haven't heard back on this"

I was in the first 300, I'm in the US, and I just got my shipping notice today. Per the UPS tracking info it was actually shipped on 1/26 and will arrive tomorrow. Looks like they are behind in sending out the tracking info.
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
[quote]On Jan 31, 2017, funnyclown wrote:

"My collectors watches arrived today. I'm in California Smile))"

Hi Funnyclown,

Would you be so kind to inform me if your collectors package contained
also the 10 (if my memory serves me well) refill packets that come with
this version (Collectors Box) free of charge or will they ship separately
sometime later?

Also, I'd much appreciate if you could inform me (in case you already know) whether
you have to pay for shipping costs again once your refill cartridges ship.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hi Andrew,

My collectors set came with the following:

BOX ONE

One Gold watch
One charger and cord
One arm band
One refill pack which has seven refills each refill is 100 three second puffs
One remote
One card that directs me to online instructions

BOX TWO

One Black watch
One charger and cord
One arm band
One refill pack which has seven refills each refill is 100 three second puffs
One remote
One card that directs me to online instructions

PLUS included FREE WITH PROMO

10 refill packs (Each refill pack has 7 refills , each refill can produce 100 three second puffs}

That's a total of 84 refills. In my case they were shipping all together in one package BUT customs in some countries doesn't allow this.
To get updated information about your country check out the
Facebook VAPR Watch users group

If they ship it to you separately due to customs in your country you will not need to pay additional shipping costs.

VAPR Watch Facebook Group

I hope that helps.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic