The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..25..28..31..34..36~37~38 [Next]
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I just received my watch . This thing is so beautiful , works like a charm right out of the box . It's going to be the trick ? Or device of the year if it stands the test of time .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Finally placed my order. Couldn't resist.
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
BIG QUESTION is : how long will last the vaporizer in the VAPR watch ? The original VAPR unit works for 6 months of constant use, after what you have to replace the vaporizer inside.

if use use the watch frequently , and the vaporizer is not replaceable (according to Rich Tsai), that could be a problem cause the watch will become obsolete just after the one year guarantee?
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2017, movemonkey wrote:
BIG QUESTION is : how long will last the vaporizer in the VAPR watch ? The original VAPR unit works for 6 months of constant use, after what you have to replace the vaporizer inside.

if use use the watch frequently , and the vaporizer is not replaceable (according to Rich Tsai), that could be a problem cause the watch will become obsolete just after the one year guarantee?

This has been answered by Rich Tsai on the Facebook Vapr watch group. It's a great place to get fast answers to your more technical questions. Although at the moment they are in the middle of shipping out a bunch of watches. Below I copied Rich's answer from the Facebook Vapr Watch group. Hope that help.

Morning guys

Vapr watch part is not replaceable. It's like iPhone. everything is built in to maximize space and efficiency.

They are build to last for a long time. However please do not use anything not compatible. It will not be cover under warranty.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Saw this in person at the Magi-Fest convention this weekend...looks awesome! going to def buy one of these before the cutoff
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1589 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2017, funnyclown wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2017, movemonkey wrote:

This has been answered by Rich Tsai on the Facebook Vapr watch group. It's a great place to get fast answers to your more technical questions. Although at the moment they are in the middle of shipping out a bunch of watches. Below I copied Rich's answer from the Facebook Vapr Watch group. Hope that help.

Morning guys

Vapr watch part is not replaceable. It's like iPhone. everything is built in to maximize space and efficiency.

They are build to last for a long time. However please do not use anything not compatible. It will not be cover under warranty.

Will Tsai *

:)
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
WizTom
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Okay... Any Updates for our orders? Placed it weeks ago! Still processing. Some guys received it already. Some not. What about us - the "300" backers... So difficult to ship 300 watches? What will you do with an order of 3000. It still says "In Stock" on you website. Come on guys. It can't be such a problem. You took our money very quick, now we want our watch. Nobody is responding to official Emails or to questions like this in the official Facebook-Forum. :-( Love Sansminds, but this is weird...

Note from your Website:

"If you are the first 300 backers, you watch is going out before mid January through UPS express. It will come with signature confirmation, tracking and $1000 USD insurance"

Now I see guys on YouTube having the watch. Even on the "Wizard Product Review". How did they get it?

Will... Please... Thank you!
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Looks like Rich Tsai is posting a new batch yesterday or today to Europe. If anyone receives a tracking number or their package from this order, can they make a comment here, as it is difficult to get clear information from SansMinds.
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of kiketron
I received today both of my watches, but no refills.
Where are they?
Sent appart?

The whatches are not much bigger than my everyday use watch and they look superb
One is completely silent and the other makes a very audible whistle.
Just tested 2 times each watch

Kiketron
Step into the unknown
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Sound problem (whistle) solved repositioning the tube.
Both are pretty silent.
Now lets wait what happens with the missing refills
Step into the unknown
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, kiketron wrote:
Sound problem (whistle) solved repositioning the tube.
Both are pretty silent.
Now lets wait what happens with the missing refills

can you post a video so we can hear the loudness of it (since you fixed it) and what the smoke looks like during long puffs??
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, kiketron wrote:
I received today both of my watches, but no refills.
Where are they?
Sent appart?

The whatches are not much bigger than my everyday use watch and they look superb
One is completely silent and the other makes a very audible whistle.
Just tested 2 times each watch

Kiketron

what a joke.... they ship the watch without refills?
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, WizTom wrote:
Okay... Any Updates for our orders? Placed it weeks ago! Still processing. Some guys received it already. Some not. What about us - the "300" backers... So difficult to ship 300 watches? What will you do with an order of 3000. It still says "In Stock" on you website. Come on guys. It can't be such a problem. You took our money very quick, now we want our watch. Nobody is responding to official Emails or to questions like this in the official Facebook-Forum. :-( Love Sansminds, but this is weird...

Note from your Website:

"If you are the first 300 backers, you watch is going out before mid January through UPS express. It will come with signature confirmation, tracking and $1000 USD insurance"

Now I see guys on YouTube having the watch. Even on the "Wizard Product Review". How did they get it?

Will... Please... Thank you!

very bad after sale service............ indeed
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hey guys,

I hope you understand the Vapr Watch is not like ordering a magic trick from your favorite magic shop. You shoukd be aware this is a crowd funding campaign similar to a Kickstarter campaign. This product had custom issues due to electronics and the lithium battery. They needed special paper work and dealing with the refills that looked like syringes.
Also some may not be aware that it was Chinese New Year this weekend. That holiday is as important as Christmas to many Sansminds employees.

If you check out the Facebook Vapr watch page you can see they are working getting these first 300 out asap. If you pledged after the 300 your order will be received over the next new months. If you watch the official trailer this is all explained. Each watch is being hand assembled. The reason for campaign was to get funding to mass produce the watch. If sales reach 2000 watches pledged they will go into mass production. If not they will be assembled one at a time after the first 300.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of kiketron
I've just talked with Rich Tsai.
They will be sending the refills this week after all 300 watches are sent.

They couldn't send refills together with the watches due to their syringe shape and customs laws from each country.
They will be sent separatelly as soon as possible.

For the moment I'm happy with my watches. They look great.

Magicalos I can not make the video. The canister is just at 20% fluid by factory default as Rich told me so I don't want to run out meanwhile I wait for my refills.
Believe me, original Vapr was quite silent but Vapr watch is even more silent.
Smoke looks great.
I really encourage everyone to get one before campaign ends otherwise it will be difficult to find one in the secondary market
Step into the unknown
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Interesting new for those still on the fence (and maybe bad for those who just placed their order):

International shipping has been lowered from 140 USD to 78 USD. The US had a drop to 44 USD.

I am not sure if the shipping service is the same or not, but I am sure those who paid 140 USD will not feel happy especially that they have to wait in queue until they get the watch later this year.

Either way, the new shipping rates should appeal to many who are still on the fence.

Check their Facebook page for the video explaining these details.
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of kiketron
They have added a new video update at the facebook vapr watch group.

They have renegotiated the shipping cost with UPS and basically they are "eating" more ore less half of the shipping cost.
Now it is $78 internationally with UPS instead of $140
I guess it is much less for the United States.

They are still at 25% and 2 weeks away before campaign ends, so they still want to achieve it one way or another.
Guys, is now or never.
Step into the unknown
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
US is 44 USD so a mere 7 USD drop.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3088 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'm not crazy about getting a watch that doesn't really do what it's supposed to out of the box and waiting an uncertain time for refills to make it work. I'm less crazy about the fact that there was no email communication and I just heard about this here.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, ash2arani wrote:
US is 44 USD so a mere 7 USD drop.

They are not making money on the shipping. They are charging us extaclty what shipping cost to send worldwide UPS next day with signature and $1000 insurance
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic