The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..31..41..51..61..71..72~73~74 [Next]
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
Wow so many pages on 1 coin gaff (I thought I was reading a Schoolcraft Lassen debate LOL) it took me a very long time to read through it all after I did I contacted Mr. Tango and ordered my T.U.C. there is just too much positive to pass this by maybe just in time too because with so much chatter about this coin......do I hear a price increase ha ha ha.....actually its great there are so many people buzzing about this and new projects with the new video and book soon it will be nice to see what everyone elses minds are thinking I have thought of some routines that I hope this coin will be able to fit in perfectally with and I am sure if its all what people are saying about it I will think of many other uses the videos I've seen so far all look great I can't wait. So far the comunication with the people I've talked to has been unbelievable I can't believe how hands on the maker Mr. Tango has been in answering my so many questions as well as funsway very helpful if that's any indication if that is any indication to their effort and work ethic then their project should be great once finalized. Sean.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
The book "T.U.C. Alchemy" for the C/S Version of the TUC is now available

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&0

112 pages dedicated exclusively to performing with the C/S TUC,
none of which is from the Tango DVD.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I am lost on the books for the TUC
Funsway has 2 as far as I know, the Pocket TUC and TUC Alchemy, which is Essential TUC? the hardcover to come?

Thank you ... Pablo
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Yes, "Essential T.U.C." is a hard-bound book in progress,
now in the hands of Mr. Tango and Argentine printers.

I will be releasing eBooks and some paperbacks of exerpts of this Book on selected themes,
plus adding new effects as they evolve such as the Christmas themed "Family Ties"

So -- the Master Book will represent an exploration into every imagined use of the TUC
from which the reader can pick and choose what works for them. Smaller releases will
enable the magician to focus on a specific range of effects -- or to "sample the water" before plunging into the depths of Essential TUC.

the Master Work is a combination of effects from Mr. Tango, myself and a few other contibuters. As popularity of the TUC grows I am sure that other compilations of effects will be possible -- and that others will publish sets of effects.

Thus, if you plan to get Essential I would not recommend "Pocket TUC" unless you like the idea of carrying around a study guide in your pocket. However, getting the Download version of "Pocket" will give you glimps of what "Essential" contains as a way of justifying the expense -- whatever that is -- probaably $60-75

Me? I'm just anxious to get these new effects into the hands of performers and keep the dream alive.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
BarryTX
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of BarryTX
Funsway,

From the above and descriptions at Lulu I understand TUC Alchemy to be specifically for the C/S version of TUC. For a silver-only version of TUC, is Pocket TUC the only (and right?) choice at the moment or is there another book that I'm missing? Do I understand correctly that Essential TUC will be all-encompassing across the different versions of TUC?
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Yes, on all counts. There is little in Pocket TUC that is not in Essential TUC. I released it for folks who can't wait or want to explore the investment in the master book. Essential covers every idea related to the TUC I could embrace before last June. Now I have a couple of things I might add -- but too late

TUC Alchemy does contain some effects not in Essential -- created after the draft was finalized.

There are also come eBooks on the TUC available on everswy.com -- and more will be made available -- small collections of effects on a theme like "Cherub Coins."

Some hints on Essential T.U.C. -- the original 400-500 page estimate was reduced by changing font, line spacing and enlarging the book to 81/2" swaure -- now 358 pages. More than 60 effects and 100 unique sleights and moves, plus many ideas for using the TUC in ways Mr. Tango never envisioned. Edited by Bill Palmer with contributions from some big name people -- but 38 of the effects are mine.

jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Just to catch the typo on Ken's website, it is...
http://www.eversway.com

Looking forward to the book.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
The "big book" has been released as a paperback under the title "T.U.C. Appreciation" though it is already nicknamed "TUC & SWAY"

The original plans have now been split into two separate books with Essential T.U.C. coming out in mid-2011 with a different approach and structure. Dealer distribution issues require the book to be published in the USA instead of Argentina, so we made the decision to get this material out now to meet the many requests.

more details at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&0

There is 10% for book orders placed in 2010 -- and might even make it for Christmas.

PS. we will be looking for additional contributors of unique TUC effects

Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
I ordered the T.U.C. Appreciation today from LULU because they sent me an email with a 15% off code that only works today (according to the email). I'm looking forward to getting the book.
Magic is where you find it.....
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I did the same, but my email said that there would be a new coupon every day until Christmas. If tomorrow's coupon is for 25% off, I guess we made a bad decision, Dale. Incidentally, I bought the downloadable version and I am hoping that it is the same as the hardbound TUC Appreciation despite having a slightly different description. Ken?

Regards,

Alan
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Darn! I have a Lulu account and I didn't get any email from them!

Jim
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
At Lulu the hardcover book is discounted 15%. An additional 15% discount is available if ordered by 11:59 PM Pacific Time today (Dec. 21st).
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
The contents of both the hardbound and paperback are the same though the page size is slightly different. The first is 8.5X8.5" square and the HB is 8.25X10.75" with a top header and wider top-bottom borders. Both are 358 pages single spaced.

leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
I can recommend this book highly not for the routines but as a beginner its the philospophy and thinking behind each or should I say the process that I am enjoying very much.
Thank-you Its a valuable resource.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Just received my Kennedy Half T.U.C.. As already stated many times, GREAT concept!

I have been strictly a card man and this is my first "special" coin, so this may be an "eye-roller" of a question, but how quiet should the coin be when handled? Mine makes noise when moved gently side-to-side. It also will talk when casually, but gently, placed down or flipped over on my close-up pad. Many posts on the Café mention the advantages of what sounds like casual handling. This has led me to expect that my coin would be quiet with normal, natural handling.

If the talking/noise I have described is normal, fine; I will work around it.
If not normal: Is there any adjustment I can make to "tighten up" the fit a bit (without compromising easy handling)? Or should I contact Mr. Tango?
Feel free to PM if there are exposure issues connected to a response.

Again, a revolutionary product! Thanks Mr. Tango.

Regards,
Angelo
8thking
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of 8thking
Thank you for your reply funsway I think I am getting this mixed up with another coin I have a clad kenedy that splits into 3 and I was looking for ike because I cant stretch to morgans
Jesus is alive:
Living proof you can’t keep a God man down
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-01-05 13:07, AngeloR wrote:
Just received my Kennedy Half T.U.C..

I have been strictly a card man and this is my first "special" coin, so this may be an "eye-roller" of a question, but how quiet should the coin be when handled? Mine makes noise when moved gently side-to-side. It also will talk when casually, but gently, placed down or flipped over on my close-up pad. Many posts on the Café mention the advantages of what sounds like casual handling. This has led me to expect that my coin would be quiet with normal, natural handling.

Angelo

Noise is an issue with any S***l set, and I have found that the newer clad coins have a increased amount of "talking" when compared to silver coins. In addition, high relief (XF or better for coin collectors) silver coins always "talk" more than well worn silver coins (called "soft" by coin magicians). There are a lot of threads on the Café regarding coins talking and how to reduce the noise such as: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

As for me, I have a 1921 Morgan TUC that is high relief (a near uncirculated coin) and it's talking is minimal. Also, most of the noise problems can be solved with well timed patter.

Regards,

Alan
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Just having some fun with my oldest boy. First routine I came up when I recieved my TUC coin.
Ken, Did this routine make it in the TUC book?
Enjoy
Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5UOx5qcM68
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 08:59, The Great Dave wrote:
I purchased Brian Proctor's Ike Dollar. I modified it with three layers of scotch tape cut to the size of the square. It works perfectly now. The instructions have a fix/repair memo about pressing the coin with my finger to change the configuration of the shell so it works better. I think the tape solution is easier and much more adjustable. You can change the coin setup by adding or taking off a layer of tape.

I have a lot of experience handling gaffed coins and I can tell you that the tape solution has this set working spot on.

This is an excellent post on 2 levels:

- Provides a wonderful solution to the problem I had that caused me to eventually sell my TUC. It just would not open consistently. This is a great solution, which can be modified even further, if needed, by adding a smller piece/pieces of tape to a particular area of the gaff.

- It encourages us to not just say, "This won't work, so I will sell it" but to think "How can I make this work?" Works the same in routines, as well. For example, not saying, "I don't care for this trick" but "How can I work this gaff to its best advantage?"

I recently purchased a Trinity Coin Set, by Johnny Wong. The gaffs held together way too stongly, making it very difficult to work with. A PK ring created a partial solution, but I wasn't satisfied. So, I ripped out the inside sh*m and replaced it with a smaller one from a Nickel to Penny to Dime trick. Now it operates just like a Triple Threat - you can flip it in the air, but also separate it with the greatest of ease.

Lesson for me? Think before you sell!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Well stated and good advice.