The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (225 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..25~26~27 [Next]
damonwebster
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of damonwebster
Honestly having something delivered a week late is not a huge deal. However, having to send 4 emails, getting no response, and then being told that the email suggested for assistance was out of their control "Since the other mailbox is actually not within my control." was not ideal.
If there is an issue, let me know. Having to chase down answers of any kind for 3 weeks, I felt that the order would have gone into a black hole if not fr persistence.
Just keep me informed.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4210 Posts

Profile of warren
I've now received tracking details for my Scotch & whiskey, personally having to wait a bit longer to ensure the quality was up to scratch is fine by me as I would rather have a delay and then receive a quality product rather than a rushed inferior product.
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, Zuko_magic wrote:
Embarrassing to still be whinging about this.

I think you said it best

Quote:
On Dec 14, 2023, Zuko_magic wrote:
It’s good business practice to underpromise and overdeliver. If he said they would be ready in February and then delivered in January, everyone would be happy.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1860 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2023, Koolmagicguy wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, videoman wrote:
People getting so upset about promises not being kept and late delivery (they’ll never buy a pre-order from Hanson Chien again!) and this item will end up being maybe one week late in arriving for most purchasers. For many it’s barely one day late. And this during the holiday season which is the busiest delivery time of the year!

My bad! Was I not supposed to believe Hanson when he said,

“We have partnered with a leading logistics provider to ensure that your order will be delivered to your door, at the latest, one week before Christmas“

Look, I’m free to spend my money where I want. I’m not going to give it to someone who isn’t going to uphold their end of the deal. Didn’t need to put it out there as a preorder with a guaranteed delivery date if he couldn’t deliver (pun intended) on it. Maybe you don’t expect to get what you pay for, but I preordered to have it at MINIMUM a week before Christmas as I was promised.

Well stated!
People may call it whining. Just because they are satisfied doesn't make another's expression, whining.
Whining could be considered if someone was expecting something that they don't deserve. This is clearly not the case.
Those who lack empathy for others are basically expressing a worse trait than whining itself.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Received the Deluxe edition in the mail earlier today. I have yet to review the tutorials, but the physical product I am very impressed with so far.
erichoudini
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
I received my deluxe edition Scotch & Whiskey today, here in Canada. A beautifully made device as has been previously described by other purchasers. It did not come in the miniature brief case I have seen in some trailers but the keys are very nicely packaged. I am very pleased with my purchase and the accompanying tutorials and look forward to performing it for friends and family.
Eric.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of MagicRichyRich
I still am receiving the Jamaica NY notifications since Dec 18th. Got an update today the 27th, still in Jamaica NY just sitting there, I guess.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, MagicRichyRich wrote:
I still am receiving the Jamaica NY notifications since Dec 18th. Got an update today the 27th, still in Jamaica NY just sitting there, I guess.

That apparently doesn't mean anything..lol...
Mine also showed arriving in Jamaica on 1218 (prob when they ALL arrived there.)
Yesterday it still showed there, but I got my sets in the mail yesterday afternoon. (Saratoga, NY)

Well-worth any wait. I get people being anxious, (perhaps the projected delivery date was a tad ambitious..but just a tad) but....it did come all the way from Asia, and during the Christmas shopping rush.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of MagicRichyRich
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, mindhunter wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, MagicRichyRich wrote:

That apparently doesn't mean anything..lol...
Mine also showed arriving in Jamaica on 1218 (prob when they ALL arrived there.)
Yesterday it still showed there, but I got my sets in the mail yesterday afternoon. (Saratoga, NY)

Well-worth any wait. I get people being anxious, (perhaps the projected delivery date was a tad ambitious..but just a tad) but....it did come all the way from Asia, and during the Christmas shopping rush.

Bryn

I get it, but mine went thru 3 updates from NY Jamaica, not just the 18th like yours...It updated on the 18th, 21st and now the 27th, still in Jamaica NY.

NOthing I can do but wait...
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
I ordered 2 deluxe packages however received one deluxe and the other regular (from the sticker outside the box). Both packages are identical except that the deluxe seems to have the...smallest piece of the gimmicks missing.

Is Anyone having this issue? Which email is best to contact about this?

Arrived yesterday, to Miami, FL
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
I’ve had success each time I have sent an email to this address

hansonchienproduction@gmail.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
If you did order two (2) deluxe packages, you would have received four boxes. The Deluxe package contains one box that has the gimmick, brass key, keyring and reset magnet. The other box contains two solid keys that are duplicates of the gimmick and brass key in the first box, along with a keyring but no magnet.

I received mine yesterday. This is as good as promised and I am interested to see if this can become a mini routine and not just a one-off.

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, Medifro wrote:
I ordered 2 deluxe packages however received one deluxe and the other regular (from the sticker outside the box). Both packages are identical except that the deluxe seems to have the...smallest piece of the gimmicks missing.

Is Anyone having this issue? Which email is best to contact about this?

Arrived yesterday, to Miami, FL
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
I just received mine and it is beautiful. I didn't know which one was the gimmick. The first one I tried wasn't magnetic so the other one was obviously the gimmick. I stared at it (not that my eyesight is very good) and could not see a thing. This is just an incredible piece of engineering.

There have been creators who have taken people's money and disappeared for quite some time. Or delivered substandard props. Hanson just delivered 2 weeks late and could have communicated better. In the end I am pleased and would preorder from him again. For those who are unsatisfied and have a different opinion, we all have to decide what to buy, who to buy from, and when to buy. Seasons greeting to all.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6782 Posts

Profile of videoman
USPS says mine is out for delivery today even though the China tracking from Hanson only shows that it has moved from Jamaica, NY to Queens, NY. The China tracking seems to lag a few days behind. But I guess the upside is that for many people it will appear unexpectedly in their mailbox sooner than they thought so it will kind of feel like Christmas all over again.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1709 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Shipping status says my package is still in transit to DHL (since 18th of december).
I highly doubt a promised express service was used.
Guess I was just provided the last mile tracking number?!
Still no e-mail response from Hanson Chien. It’s a pity.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
This one was well worth the wait!
BeePM
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of BeePM
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2023, Bremner wrote:

I will have no problems handing this key to anyone. There is nothing to see unless you let them think there is.

This is reassuring to hear, was one of the main persuations for me as I'm from the camp who likes to be able to hand out gaffs if the situation presents itself.

Good to see that purchases are now starting to filter through and the quality appears to be consistent so far.

It would be great to hear some comments on the tutorials.

Are they downloadable, anything extra you weren't expecting handling or routine wise.

ATB / Bazza
Bremner
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Bremner
I could not find a download for the tutorial, but there is screen capture software available on the Internet. I started the video, full screen and captured the video. Fifty eight minutes or so later and I had a downloaded copy on my computer as a .mp4.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Nat
Scotch and Whiskey —

Trick of the Year!
Griflex
View Profile
New user
North Wales UK
89 Posts

Profile of Griflex
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2023, tylerb wrote:
This gimmick is ****in awesome man! this is certainly gonna be a panty dropper when you show some london slags it.

I take it you live in the UK, what courier service did they use for your Scotch & Whiskey?