The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Supersmooth_ Magic
I ordered mine weeks ago from https://www.hanson-chien.com/products/holy-wood but there is still no indication as t when it will be shipped? I emailed Hanson Chien Productions and had not reply - I spent $135 - and $36 was for shipping to THE UK and would have at least expected a reply. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1365 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I messaged as well asking when the next batch will be ready as I would like to order, but no reply so far. Not excusing the non-responsiveness, but the website link says "Next batch is SOLD OUT. Estimated shipping: Mid-Feb 2022." Notwithstanding an update or confirmation from Hanson, I would expect another week or so before shipping.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1056 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Just an FYI. The week of the Lunar New Year Holiday most businesses are closed in Taiwan and China. So not unusual to not receive responses for a week or two around this holiday. Also, can be a busy time for performers.
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2022, FrankFindley wrote:
Just an FYI. The week of the Lunar New Year Holiday most businesses are closed in Taiwan and China. So not unusual to not receive responses for a week or two around this holiday. Also, can be a busy time for performers.

Oh yes - I forgot about Chinese New Year of course! However - I would have expected a reply at the very least perhaps especially after spending $99 on the Holy Wood and an additional spending $36 USD on shipping. - Payment went through with no issues of course.

Has anyone received the newer (Longer version BTW?)
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
I've got the longer version. It's a very good fit into the playing card box.
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2022, planneroftowns wrote:
I've got the longer version. It's a very good fit into the playing card box.

Great! Pleased with it? How long did yours take to arrive?
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Very pleased. I’m only a hobbyist but it’s got great reactions. And even when examining I’ve. Not had anyone find anything.
It took a fair while to arrive but then I had it on. Preorder for a month or so.
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2022, Supersmooth_ Magic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2022, FrankFindley wrote:

Oh yes - I forgot about Chinese New Year of course! However - I would have expected a reply at the very least perhaps especially after spending $99 on the Holy Wood and an additional spending $36 USD on shipping. - Payment went through with no issues of course.

Has anyone received the newer (Longer version BTW?)

I HAVE GOT A REPLY - Maybe cut and pasted as I am unsure if this includes my order but this was all I received,

"Pre-Order estimated shipping: Mid-Feb 2022."
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
305 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
How is everyone finding this product after months of usage? Does the block still look clean and invisible to a spectator examination? Do the edges begin to peel or show signs of movement?
Just wondered if its worth buying now the heat has died down a bit. Cheers
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3632 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On May 28, 2022, markymarkmagicuk wrote:
How is everyone finding this product after months of usage? Does the block still look clean and invisible to a spectator examination? Do the edges begin to peel or show signs of movement?

Good question. I am curious as well as to the durability?
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2287 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On May 28, 2022, markymarkmagicuk wrote:

Hey Mark,

I've had mine for a while now, got it earlier this year. Use it pretty frequently.

Gimmick is still good and looks flawless, it withstands the closest scrutiny!

The only issue you'll have to contend with is the card box being worn out and needing replacing; a small issue but an issue nonetheless. A simple workaround is to put the entire deck, case and all, into a protective box which is what I do.

Stay safe,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
62 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2021, mandrax wrote:
I got one and this is very well made. Gimmick is totally invisible.
I don’t think there is any need to have the ungimmicked block of wood.

Yes, ungimmicked one is not necessary.
We just provide an option, maybe someone needs it.
Bozman
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
92 Posts

Profile of Bozman
One of my very favorite tricks to perform. The wood block still looks perfect. The card box is looking quite worn now due to pocket time, but it is easy enough to make another box (seriously, it's a slit. You can cut a slit. Lol)
I've developed my own variation that brings a previously chosen and signed card back into play and only that one is able to penetrate. Closes out the set, then I hand the block out afterwards.
Amazing quality on the primary gimmick.
Bozzy
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
611 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Bought this when it first came out, and haven't used it in recent months (almost a year) practicing with it today I've noticed it's become difficult to get it in the "ready position" (being vague as this is a public forum). Has anyone else encountered this issue over time?
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2021, funnyclown wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2021, Magical Moments wrote:
So, my main concern is whether or not warping will eventually take place.

Any thoughts on the above?

It’s made of wood so you can’t take it for a swim. But Hanson Chien gives you tips on keeping it away from moisture. Basically if you use common sense it should last a very long time. Standard rule applies keep it in a cool dry place.
Store it in a moisture free environment. Keep it out of direct sunlight. It it’s in your car and it’s a hot day don’t leave it in your car. Basic common sense for anyone that has anything made of wood.

It’s not something you should be worried about as long as you take care of it.

Well, maybe not. Some are beginning to have issues with the one they own and they had it stored away in a safe place. The wood they used would certainly determine if it warps. So, any problems could be due to the piece of wood theirs was made from, literally.

Maybe using it often keeps it working properly by working it so to speak.

Anyway, I am going to take mine out and give it a go to see if it is working properly. If anyone is having a problem with theirs, you may want to report it here. If you found a solution to any problem you are now having with it, please let us know what you came up with.

Thanks all!
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
By the way, if I recall correctly, the video explanation/instructions states that you must be careful with a certain something that you do. I am being vague because I do not want to reveal anything. Failure to follow the instructions can result in permanent damage to your block.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6789 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks, I got mine very early on so I'll have to dig it out and see if there is a problem. Although I have to say that I always found mine extremely difficult to set up so I doubt I could notice it being even more difficult.
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
62 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2022, Bozman wrote:
One of my very favorite tricks to perform. The wood block still looks perfect. The card box is looking quite worn now due to pocket time, but it is easy enough to make another box (seriously, it's a slit. You can cut a slit. Lol)
I've developed my own variation that brings a previously chosen and signed card back into play and only that one is able to penetrate. Closes out the set, then I hand the block out afterwards.
Amazing quality on the primary gimmick.
Bozzy

Although it's just a matter of cutting a slit on both sides of the box, I believe achieving a perfectly centered and precise cut is not an easy task. Due to the frequent use of this prop by many people, it often results in the card box becoming old or damaged. That's why we now offer a laser-cut SLIT BOX as a refill available for purchase: https://www.hanson-chien.com/products/slit-box
-Z-
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of -Z-
Still one of the best props but I'm noticing issues when they sit for a while.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of PapaG
What sort of issues?