The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18~19~20 [Next]
SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Our Fishing Pier has
87 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
Yes sir, Alex. It’s hard to open that first go at it, well it was for me! I rewatched the demonstration to make sure I was doing it precisely as shown which is a bit knacky at first. But then it happened just a bit, from there I was able to open it cautiously only as much as necessary and making sure to pull keeping it good and squared. No way I was going to damage it from the get go. From there I exercised it a bit, now it’s as smooth as Tupelo honey. It’s just going to take ya a minute, but you’ll get it.
alexK
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of alexK
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2021, SlightlyTipsyMagic wrote:
Yes sir, Alex. It’s hard to open that first go at it, well it was for me! I rewatched the demonstration to make sure I was doing it precisely as shown which is a bit knacky at first. But then it happened just a bit, from there I was able to open it cautiously only as much as necessary and making sure to pull keeping it good and squared. No way I was going to damage it from the get go. From there I exercised it a bit, now it’s as smooth as Tupelo honey. It’s just going to take ya a minute, but you’ll get it.

Thanks a lot that helped me!
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
115 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
I had a hard time too at first but it is definitely getting easier the more I do it.
aLittleMentalist
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1365 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Is Hanson planning to release a longer version of the give-away block, or is that not really needed? Just asking because there is a drop down for it on his site but it has always said “sold out”.
stp
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of stp
Just received mine after approx. 3 weeks after ordering. I have to say, what a piece of craftsmanship is this piece of art. Everything supplied is worth the money. I am very happy and the wider version I ordered fits into the box just like a deck of cards. The video's with subtitles are easy follow.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2021, bekralik wrote:
Is Hanson planning to release a longer version of the give-away block, or is that not really needed? Just asking because there is a drop down for it on his site but it has always said “sold out”.

So, I do not understand why anyone would want to give a spectator a block of wood. And a $20 expense each time! I just do not get the point in doing so. Is it not kind of strange to hand a spectator a block of wood and tell them it is a gift.

How does that enhance your presentation of the effect?
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
115 Posts

I think they made it to have an option of handing out the block for full inspection after a switch. I suppose you could give it away if you wanted but that was not the impression I got out of it.I mean, if you had a special client or something maybe.
aLittleMentalist
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
If you choose to do so you can simply use the exceptionally deceiving clip switch to hand out all three blocks to be inspected so you don't have to fully switch out a block.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, RNK wrote:
If you choose to do so you can simply use the exceptionally deceiving clip switch to hand out all three blocks to be inspected so you don't have to fully switch out a block.

I am thinking that you are referring to another effect.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 21, 2021, aLittleMentalist wrote:
I think they made it to have an option of handing out the block for full inspection after a switch. I suppose you could give it away if you wanted but that was not the impression I got out of it.I mean, if you had a special client or something maybe.

The ad on the website suggests gifting it as a souvenir.
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
115 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, Magical Moments wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2021, aLittleMentalist wrote:

The ad on the website suggests gifting it as a souvenir.

I stand corrected.
aLittleMentalist
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
115 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 22, 2021, RNK wrote:

I think you are thinking of the baffling blocks, but that is an excellent idea for that effect.
aLittleMentalist
CamilleMagic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of CamilleMagic
Don’t know how I did miss this one, probably because I was crazy busy during summer…
But anybody has an idea if this is going to be back in stock any tine
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
My suggestion is to email Hanson directly to see if he is still producing this trick.

hansonchienproduction@gmail.com
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of mandrax
I got one and this is very well made. Gimmick is totally invisible.

I don’t think there is any need to have the ungimmicked block of wood.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I agree. Definitely can be handed out to examine. Great gimmick. I think it’s the best out of all of the matchbox style tricks.

Has several advantages. Examinable, light weight which makes it easy to carry in your pocket, and has a great transformation from a full deck of cards to a block of wood with the PH gimmick
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
It's also great that there are materials provided to help maintain the gimmick. After a few performances it's nice to be able to maintain it, but do make sure you do it evenly (all over).
mndude
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of mndude
I have the steel version, and I'm not too happy with it.

1. The _____ in the block can found, and has been found by a number of spectators.
2. The weight makes it inconvenient to carry around, and it will soon wear a hole in your pocket.
3. The card box quickly gets wear and tear by being used to carry this heavy block around.
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Supersmooth_ Magic
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2021, mndude wrote:
I have the steel version, and I'm not too happy with it.

1. The _____ in the block can found, and has been found by a number of spectators.
2. The weight makes it inconvenient to carry around, and it will soon wear a hole in your pocket.
3. The card box quickly gets wear and tear by being used to carry this heavy block around.

I ordered mine from Hanson Chien - the longer newer wooden version but not sure when it will arrive and look forward to receiving it.

Sorry to hear about your steel version - I thought there was only one version - Wooden? - I suppose it's the same effect really?

Hopefully I won't have this issue..
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Anyone have any issue with a corner of the wood peeling off a bit ??