The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Switch-A-Two by Mark Mason (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
darrylrose
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
I’m loving this…And it’s no batteries Smile
David asecas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of David asecas
Thank you very much Mark, I'm going to order it right now
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
965 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
David asecas, I notice that you have added a post very soon after me in three totally different product threads. Each post written a few minutes apart.

And each seemingly promoting the product.

I do hope this is just a coincidence...
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
It looks like he's trying to get to 50 posts to get access to the other forums
fybd88
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fybd88
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
1. Can the device switch back and forth between the objects? Meaning after the switch, could you put the switched out object back in the pocket and immediately switch it back? (For reset purposes)

2. Can you use this with a pocket square also in your pocket? Would the pocket square have to be folded flat and tucked behind the device or can you easily use the device with a fluffed-up pocket square also in the pocket?

3. How much bulkier does the device make your pocket appear up-close and in-person?

Just received it. Very clever design. Yes, yes and for the 3rd question, It can be used in a shirt as in the tutorial. Surely it would look a little bulky, but that might not be a problem using the proper-sized pocket.I once wondered whether it's noisy switching. Totally not!
fybd88
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fybd88
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2022, Sean Macfarlane wrote:
Could this switch approxiametely 12 card for 12 cards?

No, unless you use super thin cards both in and out.
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Thank you
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
179 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
**question**
Can a card be placed in your pocket(or in the device) and taken back out without the switch taking place? I ask because I’m interested in using this product for the Virginia City Shuffle packet trick. I perform this trick standing and always place the “blank” card in my breast pocket instead of on the table. I’d like to use the switch-a-two to change the last blank card to an ace for the finish. Here’s Michael Ammar performing this trick to help better understand my questions:
https://youtu.be/D6bEDDmXNt0

Thanks,

Charles
JayCee0919
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JayCee0919
Hello:

I'm not familiar with the trick you mention but as long as a card is already loaded (to be switched later) then yes, you can place a card in the breast pocket and NOT do the switch. I do Corner of Piccadilly and even place the card at a slight angle so it doesn't "drop in" to the gimmick and then remove it the "first" time and then do the switch when appropriate.

I hope that helps...

James

Quote:
On Apr 21, 2022, **Roper** wrote:
**question**
Can a card be placed in your pocket(or in the device) and taken back out without the switch taking place? I ask because I’m interested in using this product for the Virginia City Shuffle packet trick. I perform this trick standing and always place the “blank” card in my breast pocket instead of on the table. I’d like to use the switch-a-two to change the last blank card to an ace for the finish. Here’s Michael Ammar performing this trick to help better understand my questions:
https://youtu.be/D6bEDDmXNt0

Thanks,

Charles
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
179 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
James, thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

Charles
CampBrand
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of CampBrand
I love this. Haven't had any issues with it at all. Become a real utility device for me. Serves as an out if I get into trouble with a timed force etc. Love it.
Douglas Tilston.
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Douglas Tilston.
I've used this for a while now (including in my competition act) and am a really big fan. With a bit of time mis-direction it looks completely innocent. I've adjusted mine slightly to allow use with a magnetic card which is switched in and it completely flys by people.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I'm selling a brand new one still in package on Tricks & Effects for $40.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2601 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I have it, and it's a great tool to have. The switch is very smooth.
notasperfectasyou
View Profile
New user
DC Metro Area
52 Posts

Profile of notasperfectasyou
I'm interested in using this with NFW to return 4 jokers.
I don't wear a jacket.
I do wear a dress shirt with a pocket.
I haven't seen a clear answer to the dress shirt pocket question.

Does anyone here use this in a dress shirt pocket?
If so, are there any tips on how to do that without it being noticeable?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4194 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable using this in a shirt pocket. It is used successfully in a shirt pocket on the tutorial but I couldn’t see myself using it that way.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
maggus
View Profile
New user
Barcelona
60 Posts

Profile of maggus
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2023, notasperfectasyou wrote:
I'm interested in using this with NFW to return 4 jokers.
I don't wear a jacket.
I do wear a dress shirt with a pocket.
I haven't seen a clear answer to the dress shirt pocket question.

Does anyone here use this in a dress shirt pocket?
If so, are there any tips on how to do that without it being noticeable?

In a former post, it was said that not all shirts would work, it will mainly depend on the type of shirt, and its style. Obviously a regular black shirt should work better than a tiny, slimfit one. Hope this helps.
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
Does the dvd teach you how to load a signed card in your top pocket (with the back facing out)?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1548 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
A comment in a Penguin review has me concerned... Are magnets a required part of the Switch-A-Two gimmick? Or, are magnets optional?

I have a cardiac pacemaker.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2024, Magic Mark wrote:
A comment in a Penguin review has me concerned... Are magnets a required part of the Switch-A-Two gimmick? Or, are magnets optional?

I have a cardiac pacemaker.

Mark

I own Switch-A-Two and there are no magnets. I have a brand new one I'd be willing to sell for $40, postage included within the US.