The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..28..38..48..58..68..70~71~72 [Next]
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of amprice99
I hear ya! Mine was shipped on Monday and I was really hoping I would have them for the weekend. I am really regretting not spending the extra bucks on faster shipping.
the kid houdini
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of the kid houdini
No package, well at least now I can work on a 10 page paper due thursday.But if it doesn't come monday.... Ugh.....

-Alex
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Oh my.

An Easter Egg on disc 6 just blew me away.

Holy smokes.

This single easter egg might just move me more than the entire rest of TA.

I'll simply call it "The Walk" and if you've found it than you'll know it...

I am 99.9% certain I have now found them all from disc 1 - 6
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Well, I finally finished all 9 discs. Detailed reviews coming throughout today, and maybe into tomorrow or the next few days, depending on how long they take and how sidetracked I get.

What a great set! I can't wait to start going back through the set, picking and choosing effects to really focus on and practice more thoroughly.

I have started performing some of the easier effects, and the responses have been great! I've done Reality Twister about 10 times, and it always goes over really well. I did Gerard's Extraordinary Proof at my local shop for some knowledgeable guys on Friday, and it fried them! For the rest of the time at the shop, anytime someone else would come in, they'd make me show them.

There are some other things I've only tried once so far, like Pack of Lies, and the Big Tiny, but both of those were also well received and I'm looking forward to trying them again.

As far as cookies are concerned, I only looked for and watched the ones that were 'obivous' as I went through each disc. It was only after the set that I compared my own note with the number of cookies listed in the index, and I realized I have to go back to 6 of the discs to find 1 or more of them. I did find all of the cookies on Discs 2, 6, and 8 on my first attempt. My worst one was disc 4, where I only found half of them. In total, I've found 33 so far. I can't believe there are more!

A few of the ones I missed are ones that were mentioned by Jason, so I at least have some idea of the content I'm looking for.

So, despite having looked through all the discs, and watching all of the primary performances and explanations, I still have more to look forward to.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 05:33, jb wrote:
Paper Propeller is indeed an easter egg. Just thrilled to have been part of this and see it find the light of day.

-johnbodine

What's propeller? Sorry if that's a dumb question!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
There is a thread on Theory11 that is trying to find all the Easter Eggs. So if you guys want them a lot of them are revealed over there.
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
I didn't receive the set today either, so I guess I'll have to keep myself occupied, but by doing what? (any suggestions?)
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 15:57, Mercury52 wrote:
In total, I've found 33 so far. I can't believe there are more!

Oh yeah, there are quite a few more than that Smile
I know because I am already past that point by the end of disc 7 and that's not counting any on 8 or 9.

There's one that truly tricked me as it's not counted in the obvious place...
that was back on disc 5
That's all I will say Smile

Have fun hunting these down guys! This is a blast Smile
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
A hidden cookie on disc 5? The only one I seem to be missing is on that disc. I broke down and used my PC to watch it. It was about 2AM when I was watching that particular disc so I could have easily missed it.
synth_infusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of synth_infusion
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 15:44, Jay Buchanan wrote:
Oh my.

An Easter Egg on disc 6 just blew me away.

Holy smokes.

This single easter egg might just move me more than the entire rest of TA.

I'll simply call it "The Walk" and if you've found it than you'll know it...

I am 99.9% certain I have now found them all from disc 1 - 6

I know what you mean Jay. This egg moved me as well. What an incredible story.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I have my list of Easter Eggs and their locations done...email me if you want the PDF.

Of course you will have to figure out my email address...

Easter Eggs...ya gotta love 'em.

Nathan

PS This is the list for PC cheaters only Smile
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 03:57, kambiz wrote:
Mind Melter,

Being a fellow Aussie....any sign of your set yet?

Regards
Kam

No signs of life as yet. I have a good feeling it'll be here Monday at some stage Smile

Quote:
On 2009-02-07 17:33, Nathan Pain wrote:
I have my list of Easter Eggs and their locations done...email me if you want the PDF.

Of course you will have to figure out my email address...

Easter Eggs...ya gotta love 'em.

Nathan

PS This is the list for PC cheaters only Smile

I'm curious as to how many easter eggs there are in total? Any chance you could PM me the answer? I don't want to spoil it for everyone... just wanted to know.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Heya Mind Melter, I just PM'd you the total number that I have found.
I believe that I have found them all now
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
The thing that stands out to me about this entire set is that every single effect is brilliant, well thought, workable, and powerful, everyone on all 9 discs. I really cant say that about any other single dvd, but 9 dvds is amazing. THis should be a benchmark for others to follow. Great job guys and thanks Ryan
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4757 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Did the AP ship UPS or priority mail? Mine supposedly shipped Monday but apparently were shipped horse back because I still haven't received them.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Can easter eggs be found on regular DVD players, or do you need to use a PC player to click around?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 19:31, sirbrad wrote:
Can easter eggs be found on regular DVD players, or do you need to use a PC player to click around?

I found them all (I think it's all of them anyway Smile ) via regular DVD player.
For the most part, if you are watching the DVD's and not out getting a drink or something, they are pretty obvious. Some are more obscure and a few are downright tough to find...
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
The Official Forums will open tomorrow (they are finally completed)...thank you to everyone for their patience. I'll be sending out directions in the morning for accessing them.

In the meantime, in honor of the unofficial live chat moderator, I'm pulling the whiskey trigger but look forward to meeting up with everyone tomorrow!

Best,
Jason

PS: I'll post the secret cookies tomorrow for those that want a little help finding them. It's slightly more fun than sticking the disc in the computer and clicking......
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Arggg....still waiting for mine to arrive...
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
Woot! Can't wait for it to open!