The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Scotch & Whiskey by Tom Elderfield & Hanson Chien Presents (225 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..25~26~27 [Next]
Koolmagicguy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Koolmagicguy
I live in NY and still don’t have a tracking number. I was order number 2431. It’s well after the 10th which was the original ship date goal. I’m just a little curious how much overtime is necessary to pack these orders. I’m honestly just surprised I haven’t had an update. I’m not mad, I’m not impatient, just confused, especially when others are receiving them already in the US.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
The delays have been handled and communicated in a subpar way. Nothing against the product before people all have a breakdown and talk about THE QUALITY IS SO GOOD THOUGH..yes I know, that’s why I ordered it because the attention to detail looks unrivalled. I’m not even mad about the fact that there is a delay, I just wish the communication was more frequent
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of pierre888
Yes me too... mine is for shipping to Manila and I think I was one of those who ordered early...
ponnt123
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of ponnt123
I think it would have been better if they hadn't said it would be delivered before Christmas.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1713 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
The problem is that it will get returned if you can't pick it up. For me it's about planning.
Of course I don't like unreliability either.
Regardless of Christmas and charity (feel my warm digital hug of love), as a customer you shouldn't have to explain yourself for a retailer's mistake.
You get lured into the pre-order trap with a discount, you are promised in October that the item will arrive before Christmas (2 months later) and then you don't get any response from the retailer by email.
Anyone who doesn't care about delivery time doesn't necessarily speak for everyone who values ??delivery promises.
Merry Christmas.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
495 Posts

Profile of geggy
Agree with all the above.
As I stated previously,the company should just keep us more informed.
Not vague updates and ambiguous statements.
Gerry
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Man, I never had ANY expectation that this would actually arrive BEFORE Christmas.

Been here too long and as others have stated, seen this pre-order story play out so many times that my t-shirt drawer is full...

Emails, no emails, tracking, no tracking... Whatever! When this does arrive, it's gonna be AWESOME! Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of celebrity
It is entirely possible that they have actually shipped, sometimes tracking information needs to be updated manually and when dealing with a large amount of orders this can be an extremely time consuming process (I have been there and got the T-Shirt myself).

I would prefer to think that all efforts were being made to actually clear all of the post first and then spend the time updating us after they have all been posted so at least they are on route Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
BeePM
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of BeePM
I'm UK based, order still says processing and no confirmation email or tracking received. Also agree with much of the above, and share both the frutration and conversely, more recently, some of the ambivalence.

As I bought this for myself, not meeting the deadline is not the biggest deal (for me at least, to err is human), the issue is the lack of communication. I have now managed my own expectation and am at peace that there is little chance of me receiving this before the holidays.

I believe that a lot of the justified frustration may well also be exacerbated by the fact the marketing drive was to try and release this so close to Xmas, supported by a clear statement from the (very well respected) creator that we should not worry and we would have it before the big day.

Quote:
On Oct 26, 2023, Hanson Chien wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2023, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I see it's for preorder, so this may be a stupid question, but when do they ship?

The following information is mentioned in the FAQ on our website:

We have a limited number of early batches available and will begin shipping them out on December 1, 2023, on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your order doesn't fall within the early batch, don't worry. We understand your eagerness to explore the possibilities of our Scotch and Whiskey. We have partnered with a leading logistics provider to ensure that your order will be delivered to your door, at the latest, one week before Christmas.

I'm willing to bet that there will be a good portion of the purchases serving as a significant present, bought by people for their loved ones, and may be concerned that their loved ones face missing a substantial gift under the tree.

It may well be (as some members have put it) that team Hanson are concentrating their time and efforts on prioritising that the orders are all in the post and on their way, before concentrating on confirmation emails, tracking info etc.

Even so, in situations such as this communication is key (apologies, weak pun not intended). In my experience people respond better being told straight rather than being left hanging.

The thing that personally dissapoints me most about this whole topic isn't the unprofessional lack off comms, nor that apparently, we should know better when it comes to pre-orders and accept it's the fault of the purchaser to naively expect to receieve the item by when it was promised;

But more so some of the comments framing many of the completely justified responses from many members who are feeling dissapointed, frustrated and skeptical, as 'whining' or 'impatient'.

As has already been called out, how patronising and I find some of these comments 'laughable' and abrasive.

If this was released any other time of year and if it wasn't a marketing drive from such a respected and trusted creator / company then just perhaps the concept of knowing better when it comes to pre-orders and blamimg ourselves (in the magic world at least) might hold some water.

What a sad indictment of our consumer demographic if this is how we portray ourselves and just silently accept it (even if it has already been 'done to death' elsewhere). Is it any wonder then why some creators and suppliers see us the same way.

I don't believe this is the case re Hanson, I suspect he just wrote a cheque he's now having trouble cashing. There is no doubt in my mind I will receive my item at some point and it will meet my expectations.

To all of you lucky enough to receive this soon and are good enough to post, I am really looking forward to seeing some of your reviews.

Wishing you all a wonderful holidays.

Peace.
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Wow. An absolutely perfect summation of everything that I’ve been trying to say. Very very very well said.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6788 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2023, celebrity wrote:
It is entirely possible that they have actually shipped, sometimes tracking information needs to be updated manually and when dealing with a large amount of orders this can be an extremely time consuming process (I have been there and got the T-Shirt myself).

I would prefer to think that all efforts were being made to actually clear all of the post first and then spend the time updating us after they have all been posted so at least they are on route Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Hanson has stated that ALL orders have shipped. So I expect that when we receive our tracking info it will already be in route to the destination.
Aren’t there automatic tracking software that will do this automatically when shipped so no one has to go back and enter it all manually?

As an example, I recently ordered an item from David Regal and I had a shipping update the next day from PayPal that my order had shipped and it included the tracking number. I never received anything from David directly.

It’s too bad that Hanson isn’t posting here regularly with updates. I’m not in a big hurry personally. I probably wouldn’t have even opened the package had I received it until after the new year. But obviously many people are. I know Hanson will say he is too busy but that’s not really a good excuse. Have a team member post updates for you if need be.

That said, I think by this weekend most will have gotten their tracking numbers and all will be forgiven. But if not then I will no longer be defending Hanson because this whole thing could have been avoided with just a little better communication.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
797 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Well if everything is shipped, not only have many people not received tracking numbers, the website has not been updated either. I logged into my account and my order is still listed as "Processing."
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
495 Posts

Profile of geggy
Nice Post BeePm.
Echo all you stated in your post.
Gerry
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1115 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2023, CardGuyMike wrote:
Well if everything is shipped, not only have many people not received tracking numbers, the website has not been updated either. I logged into my account and my order is still listed as "Processing."

Same here.

I think they’re celebrating and enjoying the moola we all sent them.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of celebrity
If they use a drop and go style service then the tracking info isn’t automatically updated on the website. They have to wait for the postoffice to do their thing, then log in and copy and paste each tracking number separately updating each customer manually in turn (which is a royal pain). As mentioned this may not be the case here, but it would certainly help to explain things if it was.

Best Wishes to All!

P.S I am just as excited for mine to arrive too (ordered Nov).

Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
495 Posts

Profile of geggy
Hope your right Michael.
A simple message saying they are shipped would be helpful if this is the case.

Gerry
TTT
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of TTT
I just received a tracking number. Shipping to Finland.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
495 Posts

Profile of geggy
TTT...Fabulous news.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2023, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Mine is now in Jamaica, NY and should probably arrive within a few days.

My tracking number says it's in Jamaica, NY also...several days ago. It has not moved since. I live right in NY.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1860 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2023, mindhunter wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2023, AutarchicFlux wrote:
Mine is now in Jamaica, NY and should probably arrive within a few days.

My tracking number says it's in Jamaica, NY also...several days ago. It has not moved since. I live right in NY.

Bryn

Here's some interesting info for ya. Smile

https://www.usglobalmail.com/blog/jamaic......-center/
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.