The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..25..36..47..58..69..71~72~73 [Next]
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
So, there I was, on The Café and yet another mention of some pdf called 'Switchcraft'. I though to myself, "I gotta read that long topic in 'Penny for your thoughts' about this Switchcraft ebook by a guy called elliotb or something". So yeah I paid my $20 (this works out at £10.08 in UK money, the price of 3 gallons of diesel for the car)

OMG! What a mighty tome this is. I just printed a hard copy, yes all 217 pages!!! I could bearly lift this thing out the paper tray.

This is an awesome piece of work. The print is clear, consice and well written. The photographs are in full color, sharp and very helpful. The moves are extraordinarily clean and the routines are well constructed. Elliot J Bresler has put in one heck of a lot of time and effort in to this.

ElloiotB, I seriously hope you are rewarded for your efforts and that you receive the recognition you deserve for offering this to the magic community.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
AlienMind
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
131 Posts

Profile of AlienMind
Quote:
This is an awesome piece of work. The print is clear, consice and well written. The photographs are in full color, sharp and very helpful. The moves are extraordinarily clean and the routines are well constructed. Elliot J Bresler has put in one heck of a lot of time and effort in to this.

ElloiotB, I seriously hope you are rewarded for your efforts and that you receive the recognition you deserve for offering this to the magic community.

Hi, kinesis!
Welcome to the "Elliot's World Fans Clubs"!
If all my purchases were like this... well, I always buy blindfolded.

Best,
Pier
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much for your post, Derek.

I’m so glad you are enjoying the book, and look forward to adding to it in the future.

Elliott Bresler

Quote:
On 2007-10-18 07:18, kinesis wrote:
So, there I was, on The Café and yet another mention of some pdf called 'Switchcraft'. I though to myself, "I gotta read that long topic in 'Penny for your thoughts' about this Switchcraft ebook by a guy called elliotb or something". So yeah I paid my $20 (this works out at £10.08 in UK money, the price of 3 gallons of diesel for the car)

OMG! What a mighty tome this is. I just printed a hard copy, yes all 217 pages!!! I could bearly lift this thing out the paper tray.

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks, Pier!!

[/quote]

Hi, kinesis!
Welcome to the "Elliot's World Fans Clubs"!
If all my purchases were like this... well, I always buy blindfolded.

Best,
Pier
[/quote]
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quick update:

Things are moving along nicely for supplement #7. I typed rough instructions and obtained all necessary permissions. I made a number of adjustments to a very nice contributed routine, so I’ll need to test things out to make sure I didn’t spoil things. I’m pretty good at finding unsuspecting victims (I mean “spectators,”) so hopefully the wait shouldn’t be too long.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Another vote for the supplement.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
The thing about "Switchcraft", and I'm sure it's been said before, is that no other book on billet sw^^^^s makes the process so crystal clear. From the photos to the text, there are "blanks" for the reader to have to fill in on his own. Everything will be absorbed and comprehended. There are more complicated ways to accomplish this stuff- but why? The shortest difference between two points, I say. (and the alternative methods are not more effective)
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks gabelson,

I noticed that you wrote billet sw^^^^ , instead of the full word.

I’ve been thinking along those lines, and am considering changing the name of the book. In a nutshell, I don’t like how the method is part of the title. It’s a tough decision because there are scores of positive reviews listed under the original title. We’ll see…

Greg,

Your wish has been granted. The vote for the supplement was a unanimous 5/5. It’s kind of funny that out of all the people who bought the book, only 5 voted. In that sense, it’s kind of like American politics. The only people that count are the ones who vote.

Elliott
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2007-10-07 14:20, ElliottB wrote:
Hmm�

Zero response via all mean of communication.

It makes me think that, perhaps, people would rather receive a full blown supplement, than an email with some spooky ideas etc.

Or it could mean that I hadn't been looking at the Café for awhile.

Quote:
October 15th is approaching, so here�s my question�

Would you prefer that, come October 15th, I work on a Spooky Billet Email to hopefully be delivered well before October 31; or would you rather I began the next supplement to be completed at some later date?

Whichever is easier for you, Elliott. There are times I'm concerned that you're going to Switchcraft supplement yourself to death.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Well, it’s probably too late to do a decent job typing up the spooky billet stuff in time for the big day. I guess there’s always next October for that. On the plus side, I have been working on the next supplement and hope to make decent progress this weekend. It actually may be quite timely…almost perfect timing…but I won’t go into that just yet.
princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
I gotta say I like this book. A lot.

Add me as a fan, it is full of good advice, and very easy to read. I have been savoring it. I think it is the best money I have spent on anything I have bought for the stuff I am working on.

Rick
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
What Rick said.

I have never gotten SO MUCH for my money before. Elliott, you are The Man.

--Mike
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Rick and Mike,

By the way, I’m really looking forward to Phenomenon, which begins in 3 minutes. It’s looking like the next supplement will have a fairly indirect connection to the show.

Elliott
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
A paramount billet work! Thank you Elliott as your work spark my interest again and this time the study of billet work is actually fun and applicable to a wide range of mentalism effects.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you evolve629!!!

Quick update: I’ve field tested the latest routine and am very happy with it. The core of the supplement is done. All I need to do is complete the “Thank You” section and edit the whole thing. I think it’s a safe bet to say it will be out within a week.
mindsynced
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of mindsynced
I really enjoyed this work and have utilized some of the principles in random situations where I can use my business card to do something while giving it out at the conclusion. Works as a great advertisement. Can do this anywhere and anytime. Thanks for this helpful work!
Keith Brown
Entertainer, Speaker and Author
"Exceeding YOUR Entertaiment Expectations"
www.keithbrownentertainment.com

"Making Magical Memories~Teaching Biblical Truth"
www.keithbrown.org
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Keith, thank you so much for your post.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
A minor update...

I am experiencing technical difficulties which are making it difficult to update my google based web site. I have been working to resolve the problem and have enlisted some help. Once I can update my site, I will be in a position where I can release the new supplement.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
The web site has been repaired. The supplement will go out to my mailing list either tonight or tomorrow night.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Check your email and bulk mail folders, folks.

I'll have fairly limited internet access tomorrow, but hopefully most of you got it OK.

For the record, the Switchcraft file available on my site (and also Christopher Taylor's site) now includes:

Switchcraft
The Billet Machine
Billet Proof
Silver Billet
Back from the Dead
Stack Master
CT's Switch
Q 4 U 2

Lulu (as usual) had some difficulty with the upload and indicated that they will get back to me soon. In the meantime, the Lulu version does not include Q 4 U 2. However, in the interim, if a LULU customer responds to my automated email, I'll manually send it over.

Thanks again,

Elliott