The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Loop Ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
Support the man and buy the loop balls, and the dvd.
What a bunch of tight wads , I'm sure if he said they were free every one would have their hand out..
lo- key
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Uhh Lo-key, perhaps others, like myself, have sent a PM to Koz on availability of these balls and have still not heard back yet Smile What do they say, seek first to understand before being understood?

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
I understand pefectly. funny Koz just answered my post.
I just made a statement saying we as magicians should support the work of our piers.
so getting back to understanding I have offered a product for 5 bucks got a couple of responses . then said I have a free trick I received what seemed like a million responses for the same effect..
lo- key
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5478 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Wow....i'm sorry about that...but if I received a PM I would have responded....i like money...so if you want one just ask...i have them
sorry for any problems guys
koz

I have now returned all the "NEW" PM
I'm sorry there was an issue fellas...
thanks
fro your interest
koz
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I purchased one of Cellini's loop balls from him when he was doing his lecture here in Houston. Certainly, anyone can make a loop ball. But the ones you get from Cellini have six coats of paint on them, and they are quite expertly made.

If you honestly think you can approach the quality of the item you get from Cellini, by all means, make the ball yourself. But I don't really think you are going to have as nice a product.

I'm a very experienced woodworker, and I know the kind of trouble they went through to produce this item.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Koz,

I just got your reply.

Please set aside one of these expertly-made balls for me that Bill Palmer describes.

The check is in the mail.

-Tod Gunther
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I bought a loop ball from Kosmo several months ago. Yes the ball is quality made and Kos is a great guy to deal with. If you don’t have the Cellini DVD ‘Magic that can be done anywhere’ you should check with Kos and see if he has any more. It is a MUST have DVD to go with the loop-ball and has so much more to offer.

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5478 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Smile
thanks guys
kono for the kind words...i agree the loop ball dvd is a great piece
koz
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
I got the Magic Anywhere DVD last week.

Thought it was a superb purchase.

Every effect is a winner from begining to end.

All meat, no milk in this DVD.

-Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

Agreed. Kudos on "Magic Anywhere," and "The Art of" II & III. Great stuff, and the production values are super.

When Cellini was in KC several years ago he had sold out of loop balls at a previous lecture. The directions for making one was in his lecture notes, and, because he was out of them, he explained how to make one.

I paid attention, followed the directions, and now have a very serviceable loop ball. It's a little rough and needs to be repainted but it works. Of course it took me a couple, few hours to put it together, plus visits to three or four stores to get all the stuff, ball, paint, "looper," etc.

My humble advise is to send koz a check for $30 bucks for one and use the time you would spend making one on perfecting your routine.

Keep up the good work koz!

Joe in KC
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5478 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks joe....check out the lonnie chevrie stuff joe, I think you will like it
koz
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have a loop ball but the loop is too long for me. Cellini indicated on his dvd that the ball should hang somewhere in the upper palm comfortably. Because I have small hands, the loop that came with is too long so that the ball is hang more in the lower palm. Does anyone know how to shorten the loop? I know I can cut the loop shorter but then I won't know how to get it back into the hole with a knot... Please help.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2005-06-13 10:15, evolve629 wrote:
I have a loop ball but the loop is too long for me. Cellini indicated on his dvd that the ball should hang somewhere in the upper palm comfortably. Because I have small hands, the loop that came with is too long so that the ball is hang more in the lower palm. Does anyone know how to shorten the loop? I know I can cut the loop shorter but then I won't know how to get it back into the hole with a knot... Please help.

The Cellini loop ball is a 2" ball. So. if you have small hands, the ball is probably too big for you even if the loop was adjusted. I made several loop balls before Cellini started selling them. The easiest way is to get some cheap plastic billiard balls from any magic shop...if you have small hands try the 1 1/2" size. The effect is still very strong with a smaller ball and the hollow plastic is very easy to rig. Since the plastic is light, you can use a finer loop. I used 1.2 lb. test Super Tippet from a fishing shop (I even bought it in your region, at Cabella's). It is very fine and invisible, but more difficult to handle.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thank you Glenn for your generous suggestion to handle this particular situation of mine. I will look for the 1 1/2" size plastic billiard balls next time I'm in a magic shop.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Fishing line under water may be invisible to fish but above water is highly reflective and visible to humans. I have the Cellini Magic You Can Do Anywhere and it is excellent. The DVD does prove my point though or am I the only one that noticed the loop reflecting light and will spectators ignore it if they notice?
I have made my own loop ball and used a tannish colored strong thread from Walmart for the loop.
Want a pearl appearance? Use pearlescent acrylic paint sanding very lightly between coats.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5478 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea...or you can buy one from me for $25 they look good and theres no sanding or painting..;your choice
koz
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Had I the $25.00 right now it would be in the mail to you as I type(got a kid in college). The Cellini DVD was money well spent. Excellent production, menus, effects and instruction. I'm sure the loop ball is every bit as excellent a value.
I hope to in the future purchase more of your excellent products.
On the matter of the reflective nature of the fishing line. Has it been a problem in your experience Koz? Ever have a spectator say AHA!? Or is it not a problem due to handling ,wisdom and performing experience? I am just a hobbyist, not a performing pro like yourself and respect your opinion and would like to hear( read ) your thoughts.
Also for anyone interested on other sources the loop ball is briefly introduced and basics covered in Tarbell volume II. Anyone learn from sources not already mentioned?

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5478 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
No it hasn't...its a handling issue...just spend the time...you need to keep the loop trimmed nicely so theres no extra line....it can be used under the lights on stage or in someones living room....they don't see it unless you flash it big time...this kind of magic takes time...just put the time in and it will work out...
koz
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Thanks Koz. As soon as I can I'll get the Celleni loop ball and shelve the home made job.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5478 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Ok....cool
koz