The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: David Williamson DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Murray, Murray Murray

I've lost count of how many times I've seen that little kid completely destroy one of Williamson's tricks. Its always shown on those "TV bloopers" shows in the UK.

Anyone know how he got out of that situation? Did he do a different trick?
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1308 Posts

Profile of DJG
Maybe I'm missing something...

How/Where do you order?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Check the first banner here at the Magic Café.
Yours,

Ivan
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Two questions:

1. Dave, is the lecture vid from 1989 worth getting in addition, or is that pretty much all the same stuff on these 3 DVD's? Do you feel anything is better on that tape as far as teaching, or are the 3 DVD's on your site the best place to learn from?

2. When is the expected ship date for the group of 3 DVD's???
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Daegs

Is the 1989 lecture vid you are referring to the one from England? If so-I haven't seen it. It was shot at Ron McMillan's Day in London and I have no idea what's on it. Too long ago. I've never seen the final product. PAL format and all...

I can tell you that none of the material from MAGIC FARM will be found on there. Also I'm sure that the DVD's I'm offering are a better learning environment-more cameras and more detail.

The ship date for the new DVD's is appox 1 month from now. The finishing touches are being put on this week and everything goes to the replicator who expects a 3 week turnaround. So, everything is right on schedule. The pre-release price will be valid for only a few more weeks.

Thanks for asking!

Dave
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Daegs,

I have the 1989 lecture video from International Magic, which I must say is excellent. Items include:

Spoon bending
Ring & rope
Cups & balls
Pencil through quarter
51 cards to pocket
...lots of other stuff

The DVD that International Magic have produced is just a conversion from their video.

The content looks pretty similar to Sleight of Dave and Dave 2 and if you have these I don't't think you'll gain much more from the International Magic production.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Daegs

Is the 1989 lecture vid you are referring to the one from England? If so-I haven't seen it. It was shot at Ron McMillan's Day in London and I have no idea what's on it. Too long ago. I've never seen the final product. PAL format and all...

I can tell you that none of the material from MAGIC FARM will be found on there. Also I'm sure that the DVD's I'm offering are a better learning environment-more cameras and more detail.

The ship date for the new DVD's is appox 1 month from now. The finishing touches are being put on this week and everything goes to the replicator who expects a 3 week turnaround. So, everything is right on schedule. The pre-release price will be valid for only a few more weeks.

Thanks for asking!

Dave
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
My bank draft was sent today, because the postal service here was on strike.
Yours,

Ivan
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
I'm Astonished!!!
David's tape from International magic was my first video ever, and remains in my personal top-3 of video's. It took me years to get rid of the things I copied as a novice from Dave and develope my own character...(this is meant as a compliment!)
And now you tell me you haven't ever seen it yourself!?

Ha, the world is full of surprises;-)
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi Dan. Long time no see. Do you plan to go to next FISM?

We enjoyed Dave there. I was fortunate to be in the front row.
Yours,

Ivan
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Dave,

Just a quick note to say we're looking forward to your new video.

The tricks, I'm sure, will be great but the real education (and entertainment) will undoubtedly come from your presentations.

You've been an inspiration to so many and I, for one, often find myself stopping during a show and thinking... WWDD? (What would Dave do?)
Palle
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Palle
Hi Dave,

I have been to your web site and didn't see any way to pre-order the DVDs. Could you please clue me in.
Thanks,
palle...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cardic
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
129 Posts

Profile of Cardic
Mr.Williamson... I'm not easy to make laugh.. but when Mr williamson brings out his Racoon I just cant help myself!!!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Does anyone now how I can contact Mr. Williamson?
Yours,

Ivan
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
He's here in the Café. His user name is Dave
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4341 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just pre-ordered Dave's complete DVD set for $80.00. You simply go to his site and on the bottom left of the page there are buttons for domestic and international orders. It will automatically give you the pre-order price. The international orders are $10.00 extra. I am looking forward to receiving my set. It is hard to find someone who is a better magician, performer, entertainer than Dave Williamson. His enthusiam and love of magic is apparant in every effect he does.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I thought perhaps he has some email address, but I cannot find it. I wanted to make sure he received my order by post, because in Malta we cannot pay by paypal.

Thanks a lot.
Yours,

Ivan
Verno Inferno
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
132 Posts

Profile of Verno Inferno
Can I just take this opportunity to say that seeing David Williamson perform "Funner Color Stunner" was the most magical card routine I have ever seen?

Well I said it.

Having said that. I'll say that it was one of the most magical routines in all magic I've witnessed, stage or close-up. Many may not agree, but the routine involves the audience in the story in such a way that is the perfect combination of rythm, emotional involvement, and surprise.

Thumbs up to Dave, Paul Harris and Dai Vernon and whoever pieced together this bad-boy over the years.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I have often considered buying your International Video...However I do not watch that many videos (mainly a book guy)...But now that you are coming to England to lecture for MacMillan's again! Are you going to be lecturing on the Magic Farm material? This is going to be the best convention ever (what with Mickey Silver coming over as well)
Owen