The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Scott Alexander DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-09-12 22:47, Michael Dustman wrote:
Not like I don't jet in and out of DC frequently.

PM me when you're in town next, I'd love to get together!

Re. wildthought, it looks like he may have been trolling.
treysdaddy
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of treysdaddy
It all goes back to performance and what the audience gets out of it. I know that after seeing "Nailed", the talk would be:
"......yea, we shuffled the cards.....then he actually NAILED the deck to a board.... then ....."
I can't think of a better way to "ruin" a deck. I'll replace decks all day long to get such a strong reaction. I love these DVD's. If you can't adapt several things on these DVDs to what you do, you aren't thinking. Surely the guy that started this thread was just trying to stir things up a bit.

Bill
johnny jones
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of johnny jones
Re: Trolling. I guess some share the opinion that if you post a negative review here, and choose not to argue endlessly with the posters who have another opinon, then you are trolling or you are a troll. Some english dude called me a troll in another tread. There seems to be a myriad of other techniques as well to lure you into a fight that you didn't really want.

Let's analyze wildthought for example. Hmmmm, only 18 posts. oh yes..he must be a troll. 18 posts means he is a newbie and his opinion cant possibly be as important as us guys that post 50 times a day. Hmmm, wildthought, I bet that isn't his real name. Some Café members have 20 or more identities, wildthought is a coward for not using his real name. Hmmm, wildthought is attacking someone by insulting this product, he probably has ulterior motives. Hey wildthought you didn't come back to fight...well, good riddance.

Boy, that sure is some powerful coldreading.

As to post on subject, I have not seen the dvd, but I have heard several mention they thought water monte was cool. And yes, I will sadly agree that if there is just one effect on a video that I love, then I wont think twice about buying it.
JJ
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1229 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
JJ LIVES!!!!

Quote:
On 2004-09-16 09:58, johnny jones wrote:

18 posts means he is a newbie and his opinion cant possibly be as important as us guys that post 50 times a day. Hmmm, wildthought, I bet that isn't his real name. Some Café members have 20 or more identities, wildthought is a coward for not using his real name. Hmmm, wildthought is attacking someone by insulting this product, he probably has ulterior motives. Hey wildthought you didn't come back to fight...well, good riddance.

Seems to me, all we were asking was if he wanted to sell the DVD's and if he actually tried them for an audience.

Never heard back on what you would take for your TFA....
johnny jones
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of johnny jones
Seems to me that Larry Davidson was suggesting that wildthought was a troll or troublemaker. He also seems overly concerned that wildthought would only post once and not stick around to argue. It seems that wildthought posted his true opinion about a product, why should he be dogged by a few individuals because his opinion is negative? And this just happens to be another Kohler product AND Larry Davidson just happens to be mentioned in the Kohler TFA credits. I am sure that is all just coincidence, but seriously Larry, no one OWES you an explanation for anything...especially a "hit and run" post. Once again, get real. Until next topic...!!
JJ
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1229 Posts

WOW!!!!
johnny jones
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of johnny jones
"Then again, would be curious to what kind of magic wildthought actually likes. 18 posts in over a year of being a member leaves me wondering what kind of contributions he brings to magicland. Especially since only 3 of the 18 posts are more than 10 words long, and any that are reviews are all negative."

Oh, and Michael, my, aren't we a little busybody too. Do you have time to analyze all 25,000 members? If not, how do you choose which ones you will play private detective with? Must be very interesting indeed. I wonder how many people are wondering what kind of contributions you brought to magicland. Probably none.
JJ
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1229 Posts

And your post has what to do with Scott's DVD's? 2 posts attacking me and Larry and not one bit of information about Scott's DVD.

How about a truce JJ. Your bitterness towards me and anyone who actually enjoys Bob Kohler's marketed products is not being productive to the rest of the people on this board. You can be the bigger person here can't you??? I for one would like to end this banter. All I have ever asked of you is if you are willing to sell your TFA. I actually defended you on the other thread and said you had the right to post negative reviews. But all you want to do is go through and find threads that are marketed Bob Kohler products and tear them down and spout conspiracy theories. Larry and I and quite a few others enjoyed Scott's DVD's. Last time I checked, our names weren't in the credits.

Chill dude.
johnny jones
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of johnny jones
Put very simply. I chanced upon this thread and saw the same scenario going on here that I had recently experienced in another thread. With 2 of the same key players. Yes, it got my goat, and I thought to myself..here are these Kohler dudes again. I wasn't busy playing detective and searching for kohler threads to make a scene in. The detective stuff is your M.O.

Your responses to my posts tell me that either you have not read my posts, your reading comprehension is not intact or selective, you are very good at playing dumb, or your eyesight is failing. Also you should re-assess your own actions, a marked difference in what you say you have done and what you have actually done.

For starters, a simple look at my first post in this thread will reveal that there is indeed a "bit of imformation" about scott's dvds. Favorable at that. But it seems you have missed the whole iceberg. I agree with you, this is not only a waste of my time, it is also a waste of everyone elses. Sorry, I gave you more credit than that at first. You can think of it as a truce.
JJ
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-09-16 20:46, johnny jones wrote:
Seems to me that Larry Davidson was suggesting that wildthought was a troll or troublemaker. He also seems overly concerned that wildthought would only post once and not stick around to argue. It seems that wildthought posted his true opinion about a product, why should he be dogged by a few individuals because his opinion is negative? And this just happens to be another Kohler product AND Larry Davidson just happens to be mentioned in the Kohler TFA credits. I am sure that is all just coincidence, but seriously Larry, no one OWES you an explanation for anything...especially a "hit and run" post. Once again, get real. Until next topic...!!
JJ

Read my posting again. I wasn't asking for an argument...I was asking for a price. I wasn't asking for an explanation...I was asking for a price.

I agree with you that nobody owes me anything. And I don't even owe you the above explanation, which is why this will be my last response to your postings. Bye bye, stalker.

Larry Davidson
johnny jones
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of johnny jones
Wow, "stalker" now. Yes, you are great at name calling. Well, at least you can see I refrain from name calling. I thought that wasn't allowed on these boards. Look Larry, you are the one who CHALLENGED me to come back and answer to you. You called me a wimp because I went away without a fight last time. Glad you won't respond. Bye bye name caller.
JJ
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Ok people...they are just magic tricks.

Lets all just let it go. This is helping no one.

Peace,

Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Cardic
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
129 Posts

Profile of Cardic
I heard so much good about Scott Alexander vids..

so I bought them.. and didn't find anything for me Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Cardic, as I mentioned earlier, I'm interested in buying the DVDs for a friend, and since wildthought didn't respond to my posting, I thought I'd ask you if you're interested in selling. If so, can you PM me with a price?

Regards, Larry Davidson
Cardic
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
129 Posts

Profile of Cardic
Hi Larry.

I would sell em to you, but I live so far away from you (finland) that I think shipping those to US would cost the price of the dvd's.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Oh well. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Larry
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
I just ordered Scott's 10 O'clock show and Midnight show DVD's.

Can anyone tell me what props are used, so I can buy the right props while waiting for the DVD's to arrive?

I might not get all of them, but perhaps if there are some standard props, that are useful to any magician, I just want to be sure that I at least have some of them.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
If I were totel you the props most of them would reveal the seret but I do reccomend pciking up a bunch of different colored silks, and some kids jacks. also a nice hat. Just wait until you get the DVDs.
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
Thanks Jonathan!
Hoggle
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Hoggle
There were some things I didn't care for. That is true with ALMOST every video/DVD I own.

Water Monte and (cant remember the name) The coin trick about the price of coffee were EXCEPTIONAL.

I am a jerk when it comes to reviews because there is so much hype out there that when something is bad I tear it up. The 12 oclock show is all Ive seen and there were 2 things in it I loved! Man that doesn't happen alot.
Merry Christmas