The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Three Shell Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jbmagic12250
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of jbmagic12250
I have Bob Kohler's Golden Shell video and it's very entertaining. I also have Phil Cass's video on the Shell game and it's more of a gambling scenario but very good as well.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I got some golden looking shells. Sorry, don't remember where. I also have a DVD: THREE SHELL GAME DVD by SAL PIACENTE. Killer stuff.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
Quote:
On 2003-12-14 17:08, whithaydn wrote:
The most important book available on the shells is Tom Osborne's The Three Shell Game available at most magic shops. It is a hard to read pamphlet, badly written and illustrated, but it contains all the real work from the street hustlers.

Everyone says that Tom Osbourne's book is hard to read. I respect their opinions but what exactly is so hard about it? The moves are taught well, the lessons are very good and the routines (using the 1 to 9 chart) are very easy if you learn the moves and make a chart. The only thing I found badly explained was the roll flash but 1 thing out of the wealth of information is a very small amount.

Just my opinion,

Steven.
dazmanshears
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of dazmanshears
Does anyone know an online store in which I can purchase Tom Osbourne's little book?

Thanks,

dazmanshears.
Best Regards,
Daron

We who are truly brave will never live in fear!
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
You can find it here:

http://www.threeshellgame.com/shellshop/......amp;id=4

And other places...

ajp
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
532 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
The Three Shell Game, Edited by Ralph W. Read. Illustrated by Bill Hanna. Copyright 1938 Mitchell Kanter. Copyright 1975 Lee Grey. Published by Lee Grey.

The above is the text on the first page of "The Osbourne Book".
Where is Mr Tom Osbourne? Did he get lost somehow when the copyright was sold during the years since 1938?

This is an interesting book and I have found that it is always referred to as the Osbourne book, specially by the veterans in magic.
In my copy of this book I can¨t find one word about mr Osbourne.

Does anybody know the story of this book, and of Tom Osbourne?
Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
Has anyone seen a book with a yellow cover that says "Dr. ???????" on it? I hear that although the moves are good to know, it's even BETTER to know the outs. What is the best source for this? Feel free to PM me!

-Joel
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1393 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I was called to do a trade show and do just the shell game, so the clients can win prizes.
I bought the Vernet set for about $7.00, which is excellent. Saved $93.00. The golden ones look more like a prop.
I already had a book called "The Three Shell Game" by Ralph W. Read. It also has a chapter on the history of the game. It has 33 routines in it and all the major moves.
I also bought Frank Garcia's Video just to see it performed live, and found it helpful. I worked out a great routine overnight.

[twistedace askes:
"What exactly is the three shell game and what makes it more entertaining or just as entertaining as a cups and balls routine? I'm just curious. I see a lot of hype about it but don't see the possibilities with it."]

My answer: I find the lay person loves the gambling story and the exposing of street hustlers. This is something that is still being done in the streets. Now they use plastic bottle caps and a piece of cardboard for the surface. The cardboard is held in one hand, so they can walk around, (or run from the cops). Plus, they are ordinary objects.

I also own that packet trick by Nick Trost. I think it is called "Nutshell Monte." I don't believe it is available anymore. I do remember seeing another packet trick on the market in the past few years that used the nutshells on the back. It was different and didn't seem worth buying at the time. Can't remember who had it. I'll search and post if I find it.
Ace

Quote:
On 2003-12-17 12:19, Masimax wrote:
Hello.
What kind of PEA do you use?

I've not found a good PEA at the moment.

Thank you

Massimo Pulidori

The peas with the Vernet shell set work perfect for me.
Ace