The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: New Release> How to Throw Playing Cards DVD - Rick Smith Jr!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I've never seen him do a classic force but I heard from a local magic shop owner that he is one of the best at it. Said Rick could classic force literally behind his back!
William Holcomb
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
William-

You are completly correct. Rick's classic force is incredible. Rick can make me, as well as other magicians that know all about it, pick the same card dozens of times over and over. The best part about his classic is that you never see any of the "shuving" the card into your hand and hitting them with it. It looks like a normal spread, but he gets you everytime.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2003-09-20 12:49, MasterOfMagic wrote:
I don't want to sound negative or anything, it sounds good, but why is the classic force on it? Is there some special reason? I just noticed it kind of stood out.

Does it matter the classic force is on it? It's a card video. If he had a TT segment, maybe that would be odd.....
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
HEY ! Wonderful news man !

Thanks for telling Evan.

Bone. Smile
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
MasterOfMagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MasterOfMagic
Quote:
On 2003-09-21 11:09, MagicChris wrote:
Does it matter the classic force is on it? It's a card video. If he had a TT segment, maybe that would be odd.....

It certainly can't hurt having it on there. I was just curious if he was going to teach something that links the classic force to card throwing that noone has thought about before.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Maybe he's one of those cool magi that give extra on the videos. He sounds like it.

Skulldini
View Profile
New user
N. California
80 Posts

Profile of Skulldini
Well Rick,

It sounds like (less than) professional jealousy.
By the way does jicky ray own all rights to the fruit being picked on? Sad! I kind of expected more from him. O well---- Smile
Glad to hear that my DVD will soon be on it's way, and congratulations on your project. I know it will be worth the wait.
Again thanks for your efforts.

Skulldini Smile
CardThrower
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, OH
18 Posts

Profile of CardThrower
The classic force:
you all wonder why its on there?
I just added it quicky to show a way to force a card for the flick trick. The classic I use is slightly different and you may be able to pick it up from the video. ITs short and quick. I am basiclly just using it as an option to forcing a card to get into the trick. If there are any other questions, please let me know? By the way Michael Maxwell added a bunch of funny out takes at the end of the video, you will have to see to believe, lol.

Rick Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Finally getting real close on this. Great!! I cant wait.

I do think it is almost amusing that "someone" would have an issue about sticking cards in a watermelon or a bananna!

Somebody really doesn't seem to care much for the art, does he? Maybe he has a T-Shirt that says "Save the Watermelons" or something. His book hasnt been in print in a long time, so what intellectual property is he protecting?

I wonder if Herrmann or Thurston ever stuck a card in a watermelon? And if they did, would this guy ask that all public record of it be removed?

Oh well, it sounds to me like a great set of content even without those items. I am looking forward to getting hands on it.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
These posts are quite relevant as the card throwing DVD was shot at Nick Tahoes.

Ricky Jay's Card AS Weapons was a great book, but he doesn't own the right to shoot cards into fruit.

Chris

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2003-09-23 16:32, MagicChris wrote:

Ricky Jay's Card AS Weapons was a greta book, but he doesn't own the right to shoot cards into fruit.

Chris

He may not OWN the right to shoot cards into fruit, but no one else does either. He made it famous on Ripley's, AND he can include it on his DVD if he so wishes. McBride didn't invent the boomerang card. Almost every magician knows that trick, but McBride put it on his DVD and nobody complained. I have a friend who can throw cards into fruit as well, and he's not suing. The guy on Mail Call (History Channel) Does everything to watermelons. (Chops them up, throws ninjastars, shoots them, and blows them up.) Nobody can claim this stuff,people!! Fruit has been around since the beginning of time, and nobody can say that Fruit ideas belong to them. Nobody owns fruit, and everybody owns fruit. Stop all the hate and fighting, and lets all have peace, love, and fruit! Smile Smile Smile Smile
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Well said Jordini. I cannot agree more.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jordini got this one right. Anywhere we can write Ricky and share our thoughts with him?

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Yeah. Ricky drops in from time to time, to let us know what's happening. Look around for cardthrowing, there's a link to his site somewhere...
(Oh yeah, thanx for all the compliments you guys Smile PARTAY!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
The whole thing seems stupid! I picked my nose with a tookpick! You better not even think about doing it! It's MINE!

Smile
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
What about the office supply industry and Jay Sankey....paper clip users better watch out.
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
Just ordered this and can't wait to get this. Im already throwing cards across a basketball gym, cant wait till I'm throwing them over the school Smile Smile Smile
Rich Fredeking
guido
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
152 Posts

Profile of guido
Quote:
On 2003-09-27 11:19, Rich Fredeking wrote:
Just ordered this and can't wait to get this. Im already throwing cards across a basketball gym, cant wait till I'm throwing them over the school Smile Smile Smile

Where did you ordered it?
TrcikPony
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TrcikPony
This sounds like an awesome DVD. This may be the best flourish we can do for laymen. I ordered mine today.

does he teach any tricks on this?
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Yes, he teaches some tricks using the flourishes taught on the DVD.

You may order it form http://www.ricksmithjr.com