The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Blockbusters with Cards - Paul Gordon (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2011-02-03 20:00, Andi Peters wrote:

Paul's material has served you up a facial my friend.

Can you explain what that means? It sounds a bit odd.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It's not something that can be explained on a public forum...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
And perhaps not an expression to be used on a public forum
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
To 'serve up a facial' means to 'shock' someone.

Maybe the real meaning has been lost in transatlantic translation.

For example I always have a good giggle at your 'fanny pack'.
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2011-02-06 19:29, Andi Peters wrote:
To 'serve up a facial' means to 'shock' someone.

Maybe the real meaning has been lost in transatlantic translation.

For example I always have a good giggle at your 'fanny pack'.

In Australia, we call them "bum bags". In any case, your focus on bums and facials appears incongruous in a discussion of card magic.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

Hideo Kato
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-02-04 13:03, John Pilotzi wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-03 20:00, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-01-29 10:43, John Carey wrote:
Bring it on.lol.

I heard, on the magical grapevine, that you were fooled by head to head poker last night.

Paul's material has served you up a facial my friend.

Careful, ASW will accuse YOU of being Paul (too many nice comments) and I thought I held that title Smile Yeah...Paul's Head To Head Poker IS the best there is.

JP

Hey, you were right. ASW did pop up here! Great prediction Smile
fredface
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of fredface
That asw cat is predictable and that aint no lie. But, back on trak. Gota say that Pauls dvd set is A.No.1 for me. Real rockin stuff man. Fred
fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
Can someone tell me the difference between hellman aces and Bill Goodwin's hold the mayo from card college please as it looks the same to me.
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Quote:
On 2011-02-14 16:58, fasr eddie wrote:
Can someone tell me the difference between hellman aces and Bill Goodwin's hold the mayo from card college please as it looks the same to me.

Yeah eddie. Different set up and different sequences throughout. Only similarity is the fact that 4 aces are sandwiched. And, Mr. G's 3rd location is a wicked moment. Note that Mr. G does credit Goodwin for inspiration...and note the homage in the title. JP
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of ASW
Quote:
On 2011-02-08 12:36, fredface wrote:
That asw cat is predictable and that aint no lie. But, back on trak. Gota say that Pauls dvd set is A.No.1 for me. Real rockin stuff man. Fred

I really enjoyed this post, from start to finish. The "almost but not quite" attempt at the "street" lingo was very funny. Very 1960s. Thanks!

Hideo Kato
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Hey, that's twice ASW popped up!

JP, great prediction again.
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2011-02-08 01:55, ASW wrote:
In any case, your focus on bums and facials appears incongruous in a discussion of card magic.

This has got to be the funniest post ever!

I bought Blockbusters at Blackpool and while it is a good dvd set, IMHO, its not as good as Card Startlers.

I felt some of the material was of the 'filler' variety, which was certainly not the case with Startlers.

And can somebody tell me how Head to Head Poker is an improvement on the Solomon/Bannon routine? I'm also surprised that magicians like John Carey and Gary Jones were fooled by it. I'm not saying its a bad version (it isn't), I just don't see how anyone who is familiar with other versions would be fooled by this one. At least nobody has posted that Paul fooled John Bannon with it as that would be ridiculous.....

Paul's Hellman's Aces is very good indeed and along with another couple of items made this a worthwhile purchase.

AP.
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 10:23, Adam Paul wrote:
Quote:
In any case, your focus on bums and facials appears incongruous in a discussion of card magic.

I bought Blockbusters at Blackpool and while it is a good dvd set, IMHO, its not as good as Card Startlers.

I felt some of the material was of the 'filler' variety, which was certainly not the case with Startlers.

And can somebody tell me how Head to Head Poker is an improvement on the Solomon/Bannon routine? I'm also surprised that magicians like John Carey and Gary Jones were fooled by it. I'm not saying its a bad version (it isn't), I just don't see how anyone who is familiar with other versions would be fooled by this one. At least nobody has posted that Paul fooled John Bannon with it as that would be ridiculous.....

Paul's Hellman's Aces is very good indeed and along with another couple of items made this a worthwhile purchase.

AP.

Head To Head Poker was published (in print) BEFORE the Bannon one, so I guess your question should be reversed? JP I've got it in Paul's EXPERIMENTS 2 (1991), but I think it goes back furthur...
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
John, I wasn't trying to suggest that Paul has re-hashed a John Bannon trick and published it. That would be crazy!

Quote:
On 2011-03-10 13:20, John Pilotzi wrote:
Head To Head Poker was published (in print) BEFORE the Bannon one, so I guess your question should be reversed? JP I've got it in Paul's EXPERIMENTS 2 (1991), but I think it goes back furthur...

This wouldn't be the same set of lecture notes that allegedly featured the Chad Long move by any chance? ;-)

AP.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-03-10 10:23, Adam Paul wrote:
Quote:

I'm also surprised that magicians like John Carey and Gary Jones were fooled by it.

Watch this video for Gary's reaction at the end. Guffaw.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulGordon#p/u/10/hU-KmuiJJ2Q
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1066 Posts

Profile of helder
Head to head poker it's a great routine. Love it. Smile
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico