The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
If you are not going to be in LA at least once a year, I do not see the benefit to paying to be a "non-resident member". If you are either a SAM or IBM member, you can get in with dinner reservations if you do wind up in California one day,
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of illusionist333
DENISB I plan on going to LA atleast two times per year, per my previous post. When I go I will be traveling with several people, people who I will be able to get into the castle for free and will not be required to have a dinner reservation to get in. Even when you get in for free for being a SAM or IBM member you still must have a dinner reservation.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've been a non-resident Castle member for a couple of years now. I joined when I was traveling frequently to L.A. on business, but I haven't been back for over a year. I'm still planning on keeping my membership active. It's good PR when people find out I'm a member, especially when they've already heard of it and how it's an "invitation only" club. Giving out passes to the Castle to excited friends and business acquaintances is a great perk and that ability alone is a good reason to support the club.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Dave V that is an excellent point!!
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

It is almost January...I am looking to the start of my new non-resident magician membership!
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
288 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I'm thinking of trying to get a resident membership but not quite ready. Thanks for the tip on dinner reservations for members of SAM or IBM.
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

It's OFFICIAL! I am a non-resident MAGICIAN member of the world famous magic castle bestowed with all the privelages the magic castle has to offer! I am so excited. Already planning my first trip out!
domf
View Profile
New user
Canada
67 Posts

Profile of domf
Seems to be a very interesting place. I will visit their website.

Thanks for the info!

Best
Dom
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Hey guys! I am going to be at the Magic Castle Feb. 9th through Feb. 12th. It is the first time I am going to be using my new non-resident magician membership. I am EXCITED! Any tips from the long time members? Thanks!!!
scottsheltonmagic
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
59 Posts

Profile of scottsheltonmagic
As soon as you get there, find out the performing times and get in line EARLY for the ones you really want to see. Popular shows have a tendency to get sold out.
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Good tip! I am leaving on Wednesday! Thanks!
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Excitement!!!! I am leaving in less than 48 hours for the Magic Castle! I feel very happy and lucky to be a Magician Member! Any other tips anyone can give me? Thanks!
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

I had a fantastic time at the Castle. I was there from February 9th through the 12th. Amazing! The first night I was there was a new member reception! Good food, good drinks, good times! Chatted with David Regal, Tom Ogden and Milt Larsen. Had my picture taken with Milt. Nice guys! Spoke with Ice McDonald and saw him perform in the Palace. Great job! I was able to eat dinner there the next two nights. I got the beef wellington and the baked chicken. The last night was great too! Got the famous chilli. Overall a wonderful experience. I am so happy and honored to be a new Magician Member!

Eric
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Anyone here on the Café forum been to the Castle lately like me?
3M
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
59 Posts

Profile of 3M
Wait, Neil P. Harris is on the board of the Castle?! How did I not know this...?!

Quote:
On 2010-11-23 23:31, Father Photius wrote:
Neil Patrick Harris is on the board. Jeff is at the castle from time to time, but he lives in Las Vegas and is much easier to find there.
Semper Magus
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Yeah Neil Patrick Harris is on the Board of Directors.
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

I also spoke with and introduced myself to Jonathan Pendragon's brother. Nice guy!
brian314
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
112 Posts

Profile of brian314
Illusionist333,

I have been kicking around joining the Castle. My brother is an entertainer and has numerous magician friends who bring him to the Castle all the time. He lives out there and he goes more than most members. He teaches acting classes a lot of performers take his class thus all his invites. He calls me every time he is there I get so jealous most of the time I just hang up. He just got off a cruise ship gig with Tim Ellis and he will be going to see him at the IMX in vegas.
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, sounds great.

Brian
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Brian,
Cool. You should absolutely join. It is amazing.

Eric
MasterGracey
View Profile
New user
Malibu, CA / Winter Haven, FL
7 Posts

Profile of MasterGracey
Quote:
On 2011-02-22 12:25, illusionist333 wrote:
Anyone here on the Café forum been to the Castle lately like me?

I went for the first time a few weeks ago. Turns out Johnny Depp was there, but I didn't see him. Mark Haslam was in the Close-Up Gallery and was my favorite performer of the evening. The food was great, which surprised me after the reviews I read online. The bartender can make a good manhattan, too.

I have decided that I must audition to become a magician member when I return to L.A. in August for the school term. Being a law student and relatively new to magic (used to be more involved as a teenager), I find the thought of auditioning intimidating, but as a result, I have been putting in some great, focused practice. I bartend during my summer vacations, so I am looking forward to honing my routines on my patrons.