The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Opening minds Colin Mcleod ----- WOW (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Also, anyone who wants to do it close up, I'm sure you can work out how to adapt it slightly (it will still be the same effect to the audience!) but more than happy to talk anyone through the handling if you'd like to discuss it!

Best wishes,
Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-11-02 20:17, poonchingyip wrote:
Anyone can review his "ANAAC"?? Is it possible to work in real life?

Of course not, you can only do it in the video games...
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
The material is fantastic...as happens with classics there is little more to add or detract.
Lots of good effects but also, a well learned stage presence, delivering and body language, what makes them work in real life.
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
419 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
Quote:
On 2010-11-05 14:37, parmenion wrote:
Quote:

What do you mean? I don't get it~
So it is not possible to do it in close up??
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2672 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2010-11-06 14:06, poonchingyip wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

The explanation on the DVD provides an alternative method for getting the card and an alternative method for getting the number. With these changes, the effect can be done close up.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I just commented you " real life possibilities" Smile
I don't really understand this kind of question.
Of course all Colin's material works, there's not pipe dream.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
paulE
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of paulE
Superb dvd.my favourite mentalist dvd's along with richard osterlinds.

performances are very good and in enjoyed the explanations and clarity of them and the discussion with Mr Elsdon.

highly recomended especially the "bookless" book test and ANAAC
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I've recently read a thread at the Café titled "Is Colin a genius?". After reviewing this set of DVD's I believe he is. This is the best set of mentalism DVD's I've seen in a long time. Probably since Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries.

What I love about Colin's thinking is how he employs so many subtleties to give the audience the feeling of experiencing the real deal. There is no way they could logically connect the dots to come up with the method. They wouldn't know where to begin. Colin has certainly shed new light on some old principles that will inspire many of us to utilize them in our own performances. Dunninger would be proud.

I've never personally met Colin McCloud but I have no doubt that if he continues on this path he is going to be one of the real great mentalism thinkers and I look forward to his future endeavors.

Steve
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
On 2010-11-06 14:06, poonchingyip wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe mentalism is not for you.
I will be getting this set soon, I have heard a lot of good things. And read some here.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Thom,

Good to see something from you. I was wondering how you were getting along and thinking about all of the great minds that once populated this space.

As for the DVDs, I am vacationing in Boston, Mass., and went to nearby Diamond's Magic in Peabody. I told Eddie, the owner, that I wanted something mentalism-related, but not "too proppy." He said he has been selling a lot of Colin's sets. So, I purchased mine.

I started watching them in no certain order. The more I watched, the more I liked it. There's a lot of stuff on the DVDs, and the way it is presented allows for performers to take the techniques and built routines in different ways.

What I appreciated is watching how he took established methods and reworked them to achieve "new" effects.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I will be doing Bookless Book test in a few hours. I will let you know how it went over. LOL

This is a great DVD set.

Ray
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
I can honestly say it is, without doubt!, the best DVD set I've EVER released! Smile

Truly honoured you guys have enjoyed them so much! There is always a massive pressure when you release anything to the magic community, but when it's on the scale of Alakazam, well... that pressure becomes slightly, to say the least!, bigger!

I aimed to release something I could look back on and be very proud of and I hope I've done that. I also hope I've prepared you guys for what is still to come from me! Lots of very exciting times ahead and I look forward to sharing this all with you!

Best wishes and have an amazing x-mas period!

Col.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I started using the Bookless Book Test and "Getting the ESP Cards to Match" and all I can say is that this is some of the best material I've ever seen. It really leaves them mesmerized. I am working on my equivoque to get the "Any Number, Any Card" routine going and must thank Colin for the clear and lucid explanations and his common sense approach to mentalism as entertainment (rather than getting so bogged down in the "purity" of the science and whether magicians can be mentalists, etc.). This set is gold and provides you the wherewithall to add several outstanding effects to your show. Best purchase of 2010 by far.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I performed Kolintrol a couple of times today, one in a one-on-one setting and the other with a group of people. It left them stunned. Performing it was a good reminder that a method might be old hat for us, but not for the audience. As Colin says repeatedly on the DVDs about m*****le o***, there is only ever one resolution for the audience.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
My wife picked these up for me for Christmas. I can't wait to view them. I'll post a full review when I've had a chance to digest the material.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Nice wife! I don't even ask mine for magic anymore for fear of being throttled.

I might purchase this set as an X-Mas gift for myself.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
crochow
View Profile
Regular user
Youngstown, Ohio
129 Posts

Profile of crochow
Sounds like I should get the set! Any suggestions as to who is carrying them for purchase?? Got the link to them>
Thanks!
Magically,

Chris Rochow
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4555 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Cheers guys!

Also, if anyone is interested, I'll be doing a 4 hour workshop on Sunday the 23rd of January (1pm to 5pm) at the Magic Apple in Los Angeles after my run at the Magic Castle!

Simply contact Brent Allen at the Magic Apple for more information! You can call them on 818-508-9921.

I will be teaching all new stuff, plus going over a few updated presentations and handlings for routines on the DVDs!

*How I create real world routines which are interesting, engaging and deceptive. The processes I use and a look at some of the techniques I rely on (Psychological, Dual Reality and Sure Fire).
*Equivoke and how to make it work effectively.
*Billet Work (which will include everything from full billet peeks, to making billets invisible...to LOTS more!)

PLUS
I'll answer all/any questions they have!
*Everyone will also get a free copy of 'Know Sh*t' which sold for $40 at MindVention. It is full of stuff not on the DVDs.

... and no doubt lots of other things that I want to share with you guys over there!

The four hour workshop plus the book is only $60.

Best wishes,
Col.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I bought Colin's book at MindVention. It's terrific, as is his DVD set. His lecture at Mindvention was excellent. Although I can't attend the lecture on Sunday, I'm looking forward to attending his show that week at the Castle.

John