The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Annihilation Deck (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks, Anthony! Be sure to check out the bonus stuff. I think you'll like it! Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Hey Cameron,

I like what I saw on the demo video and the reviews look good. 3 quick questions:

1) Could this technically (though of course it's not recommended) be performed for the same spectator?
2) Can the main effect and the bonus effects all be performed in one sitting for the same spectator?
3) Could we prep any other deck that I own, or does the deck that come with a special one?

Thanks!
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Just made up a deck about 3 hours ago. I've had the PDF since it came out, But you know, Didn't have the time to go through it and make it up. Now that I have let me just say that this is really fantastic! You prep your deck in about ten minutes or so and after that, Its almost completely self working and never misses! I've sat here and tried it out about 30 times just on myself, I know how it works and I'm still doing it over and over because its so cool.

I'm going to try it out later on a few unsuspecting souls. I'll let you know how it goes.

Great job Cameron and next time I won't wait so long to go through something I buy from you!
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2010-05-13 16:42, Cameron Francis wrote:
Thanks, Anthony! Be sure to check out the bonus stuff. I think you'll like it! Smile

Too late... More work... Already assembling.. Gah!!! I hate that word...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Crestfallen,

1) Yes! Different outcome every time. Unless they happen to pick the same card.

2) A couple of the bonus effects are variations of the main Annihilation effect. Another one is a different effect but looks similar aesthetically. The other two you could do in one sitting, no problem. However, they are all kind of prediction effects. I, personally, don't do any more than one "genre" of effect per set. In other words, I rarely do two card prediction effects in one sitting. But that's a personal thing.

3) The deck is completely normal. You just have to do something to it. Don't listen to Tony. It's not that bad. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Quote:
On 2010-05-13 22:46, Cameron Francis wrote:
Crestfallen,

1) Yes! Different outcome every time. Unless they happen to pick the same card.

2) A couple of the bonus effects are variations of the main Annihilation effect. Another one is a different effect but looks similar aesthetically. The other two you could do in one sitting, no problem. However, they are all kind of prediction effects. I, personally, don't do any more than one "genre" of effect per set. In other words, I rarely do two card prediction effects in one sitting. But that's a personal thing.

3) The deck is completely normal. You just have to do something to it. Don't listen to Tony. It's not that bad. Smile

Yeeeeeeeeeees, I am sooooooooooooooooold! Thank you so much Cameron!
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
This I like, I like a lot! My order is the on the way.
A very cool trick indeed!
TGR
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We now have this in stock so you can get it from your favorite magic shop world wide!
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
427 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZjBRia2Rhs

Hahaha. This guy from Magicgeek is awesome. Smile
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

I love that Chris did a demo! He cracks me up. Smile
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
Simply fantastic! Easy to do and very easy to make the deck. Takes about 15 minutes or less and no skill required. The perfect effect.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

I've been playing around with different presentations for this. One that I like is very simple. It's a bit like Wayne Hobson's "Second Chance" but with one deck.

Don't mention the prediction at the beginning. Simply have someone select a card and keep it face down. Run through the deck and say, "I'm going to remove two cards which I think might tell me the value and suit of your card..."

Remove the two cards, have the selection revealed. It's wrong. Turn over the cards to show the selection written on the back.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2251 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I got this a week ago, and have been using it non-stop since. The instruction is very clear, and the DVD offers a lot of bang for the buck. I'm surprised that Cameron didn't release some of these effects separately.

The setup doesn't take long, and needs to be done once. The main effect and bonus effects are easy to learn, easy to do, and reset instantly. Everything in the ad copy is 100% true.

The fact that the DVD includes a deck is icing on the cake. There was really no "need" for it to be included, since everyone has decks already. Including it was just a nice little bonus.

For the price, you absolutely cannot go wrong. More than worthwhile.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Thanks you!

BTW, in my post above, that should have been Wayne DOBSON, not Hobson!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2441 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Great effect Cameron

Myself and David Penn reviewed this in the latest Wizard Product Review Show.

Here is the link for anyone interested

http://www.worldmagicstore.com/product_i......_id=6097

Craig
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
This looks great as usual Cameron !!

Love the fact it has multiple uses.

I will have to pick this up.

Good Job Smile

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth

Mark
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I HATE waiting on shipping! Yes, yes, I have the PDF, but I want the REST!! Smile

And Mr. Francis you scoundrel, I did notice that Moment's Notice 4 is due out in June. Any ballpark estimate on the release date?! Smile

BTW, This effect is SO very cool, it has taken the place of John Bannon's Detour de Force in my repertoire, the Bannon effect is EXCELLENT, but, Annihilation is "EXCELLENTER".

I loved Doomo's post about having to mark up the pack, and I DO love Sharpie fumes. In fact, I keep one open when I am posting on the Café Smile

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

The people from the 60's used to, shall we say, take a bit of a little something when listening to the Beatles. But, thanks to Cameron Francis, I can legally trip to the Beatles while I take the few moments to make up the deck AND have a throat ripper of a card effect.

Note: By tripping I mean that I walk around my flat and frequently trip over things as I am marking up stuff. Sweet nirvana (not the band) with a Sharpie!!

Okay, this post is getting weird, but, that's because I am imagining Doomo's butter sculptures.

By the way, Francis fans, I figured I would plug another Francis flummery: Mixed Perception. Get it, learn it, live it, love it!

"The magical mystery tour is dying to take you away, take you today!"

Vlad

As The Beatles would say: "Satisfaction guaranteed."
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
First, let me say I am not a card man. The biggest leap I've ever made is the Invisible Deck! That being said, I was so impressed with the presentation of Annihilation that I ordered, and after review, I must say I cannot wait to put it into practice. By the way, did I mention I am NOT A CARD MAN?

What's more, even if I NEVER perform this live, (which will never happen because I'm way too philanthropic to keep this gem to myself,) I'll be able to sit around and entertain myself. It just goes to prove, every once in a while it pays to step out of the box, even if only for yourself.

PS: Thanks to the gents at the Wizard Product Review for bringing this to my attention. Love your work!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Wow, Stempleton! I'm flattered. It's funny because you are not the first non-card person to really like this effect. I'm not sure why it resonated with people who don't usually do card tricks but I am very happy it does! Smile

P.S. Just for the record, people who do like card tricks also like this effect. Smile
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I think I read that the deck can be examined by the spectator---is that correct? thanks