The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Which Chinese sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magomarko
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of magomarko
Frank and Charlie, I have my presentation of Chinese Sticks at youtube, the only thing is I perform in Spanish. I think it is entertaining enough and even though there is the language problem, it might be that it can be useful to you to watch it. The Diminishing Cards are first for 1:08 minutes in the video and then the Sticks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWCycmenOok

I use the Kovari Sticks and they can be easily modified as explained in post by JNeal to show the cord passing through back ends.

If you wish you can send me a private message and I will share my routine with you as I have been doing this one for many, many years.

Marko
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
781 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I will definately check out the clip, I watched Roy Benson do the sticks this afternoon on youtube. It was awesome.

Charlie
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thank you, Marko! I will pm you.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
OK... my sticks have some unique features. One: Early on you spread the front of the sticks apart and the cord is seen to go across and the long becomes short. You then cut(?) and the sticks become normal. One stick operates totally without tilting. Matter of fact it doesn't look like you tilt the sticks at all. Then you have the rear string gag. Cut that and they still work.

Now you can if you want an extra stick, do the Benson finish. But my finish is totally different and original. You wind up with one stick and the "other bit" and believe me, it gets the BIG LAUGHS. Those that have seen it say it's the best thing they've ever seen.

I hope to soon make a run of FOUR SETS, patterned after the Benson style, with Porper made internals.

Stay tooned.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1440 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Why only four sets Pete?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
They are a lot of work, and not wanting to charge too much, I just had four sets of innards made by Joe Porper and figure that's enough. I have not priced them yet as I don't know how much labor it will take to complete them. I have most of the hardware in the garage/shop, but it has been too cold and wet for me to get to any work.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think I like the little screw idea. that way you can just tie a knot at the screw and cut the string. Soudns like resest time could be quite minimal with that.

If I had to thread string thru a hole with my eyesight getting worse (can't believe I'm saying that) I'd get frustrated, especially if it was dark.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Take off those glasses, Frank.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Pete,
your sticks sound fantastic!

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...